Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
isaidno

Most random duets ever ?

Yoko Ono and any artist. Ever. She could never sing. When I'm watching YouTube videos of Lennon from time to time, I hate the fact she's there usually doing some stupid screaming. 

She isn't necessarily a singer, but she is most certainly an artist and as partner of Lennon a big part of the music and sounds he created from about 67 onwards.

She was a very big part of what made Lennon the man he was.  I imagine that hating Yoko would be incredibly offensive to JL

edit. and not just offensive but we would have lost so much...without her, there wouldnt have been an "Imagine"

She isn't necessarily a singer, but she is most certainly an artist and as partner of Lennon a big part of the music and sounds he created from about 67 onwards.

She was a very big part of what made Lennon the man he was.  I imagine that hating Yoko would be incredibly offensive to JL

edit. and not just offensive but we would have lost so much...without her, there wouldnt have been an "Imagine"

Oh yeah I don't hate her. She just seemed to get in the way sometimes. (Although McCartney used to moan, lets face it, he went and did the same thing with Linda). The Toronto concert in 1969 (think it was '69) Lennon's there playing with Clapton and Mitchell - its a super group - they're playing these great songs including my favourite Beatles song "Yer Blues" and then there's Yoko just making stupid noises in the background. Sometimes it would have been better with her just watching on?

I take the point about "Imagine" too, after all I think he wrote it after reading one of her books. There's other songs like that too, that she either directly inspired or gave him an idea.

Eminem and Dido

Smiths and Sandie Shaw

I always thought that came about because Morrissey was a massive Sandie Shaw fan? "Hand in glove" isn't one of my favourite Smiths songs if I'm honest but I do prefer the version in which Morrissey sings.

I always thought that came about because Morrissey was a massive Sandie Shaw fan? "Hand in glove" isn't one of my favourite Smiths songs if I'm honest but I do prefer the version in which Morrissey sings.

He was, but he didn't have many kind words for her in his autobiography.  I don't think the Smiths songs she sang on worked very well, either, if I'm honest.

This is Morrissey's best collaboration (and possibly only, admittedly, and not very random for that matter either):

Needless to say, he slags her off in his autobiography as well

Archived