Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Howard99

Chris wood

Can't do any worse than the current crop of shite. Ulloa is looking increasingly like another Van Wolfswinkel.

Leonardo Ulloa - 0.55 goals per game in the Prem

Ricky Van Wolfswinkel - 0.04 goals per game in the Prem

If Leo didn't score in his next 116 Prem games he'd still have scored the same per game as RVW, but yeah he's well on his way to being the next Van Wolfswinkel

Edit: I do like Chris Wood, think he should get a run out on Saturday if we're behind on 60 mins

I think Nuge is a strong point for our front half on most accounts. He's a stable player in one way or another. No he's not getting assists right now but he's stable in the goals dept. I think every game he starts he's a goal scoring threat.

Really? I don't think Nugent has looked like scoring in any game this season yet

For me, Wood should go above Nugent in the pecking order should we need a goal. Currently:

Ulloa

Vardy

Wood

Nugent

Nugent works hard but it's looking increasingly like he just doesn't quite have the required qualities to trouble Premier League defences. 

Really? I don't think Nugent has looked like scoring in any game this season yet

Well this season, you're absolutely correct. Sorry, I should've clarified haha. In the FL. But he is a hard worker. I honestly think his best years are ahead of him yet, if he can get in a groove. But he's not scoring, bench him for a game or two, maybe that will fire him up enough to step up his game. Right now, Wood deserves the start as far as being a threat is concerned.

Well this season, you're absolutely correct. Sorry, I should've clarified haha. In the FL. But he is a hard worker. I honestly think his best years are ahead of him yet, if he can get in a groove. But he's not scoring, bench him for a game or two, maybe that will fire him up enough to step up his game. Right now, Wood deserves the start as far as being a threat is concerned.

Nugent's best days are not infront of him in my opinion. He's not a Premiership standard player. Absolutely no way. I don't see how Wood deserves a go either. I'd like to see us give our best two strikers, Vardy and Ulloa a run of games. They deserve it

Nugent's best days are not infront of him in my opinion. He's not a Premiership standard player. Absolutely no way. I don't see how Wood deserves a go either. I'd like to see us give our best two strikers, Vardy and Ulloa a run of games. They deserve it

Chris Wood looked good against Everton and Chelsea when he came on. Since then I dont think he's had any game time.

Deserves it.

In place of who? And I don't agree he looked good at Chelsea at all

I'm a big Nugent fan, The lad has heart. Perhaps that's why it clouds my football judgement haha. Wood was mediocre at Chelsea at best but I think we should start mixing up the front a wee bit. Vardy certainly deserves a start, but so does Ulloa. We need someone to start separating himself from the group of strikers we have that could go either way. Will we get that? I should hope so if we want to stay remotely competetive in the Prem.

I appreciate the role that Nugent plays I just don't think he's very good at it.

In the championship he had more time on the ball and we hardly played against 4231 which we play against everyweek now so he has to move the ball quickly and accuracy whilst offering a goal threat and sadly he does neither.

Archived