Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Howard99

Chris wood

Do those suggesting a Wood/Ulloa partnership have any knowledge of football whatsoever?

No they do not, also we are one point off  bottom three, if pearson keeps playing vardy and nugent

out of position for ulloa's benefit we will soon be joining burnley at rock bottom, why not play them

as a front two like last season, see how we perform without alloa as a team unit, football is a team

game and we are not performing with any energy or fluency other than the united game, with

clattenburg doing us a few favours.

Really don't get the wood deserves a chance comments.

How many of you making the comment watch him day in day out in training to have this informed view.

Also Nige seemed happy for him to go to Wolves which suggests he is not doing well in training.

Or do you think nige is pissed off with him and is happy for our best striker to sit out us go down and him get the sack?

You could say the same for Powell, Lawrence, knockeart, Simpson etc none of us see them train day in and out but people are still calling for them to play as they want to see what they have to offer.

if we carry on losing and playing the same team then it's pretty obvious change needs to happen.

You could say the same for Powell, Lawrence, knockeart, Simpson etc none of us see them train day in and out but people are still calling for them to play as they want to see what they have to offer.

if we carry on losing and playing the same team then it's pretty obvious change needs to happen.

I know people are saying it about other players too.

And yes we have not seen some of the players and can understand people wanting to see them.

But this is a Wood thread so on topic he was not good enough to command a regular place in the championship so why would he manage in a better league.

Sorry but we already have s few too many players regularity in the starting line up that probably weren't good enough last season so why add another?

Also, we need less changes not more so why choose yet another unfamiliar partnership in an area of the pitch why had gone to shit in recent weeks.

2012/13: Chris Wood started amazingly, he scored 7 goals in his first 5 games. His goal scoring then started to decrease and suddenly loads of people questioned his ability.

2014/15: Leonardo Ulloa started amazing, he scored 5 goals in his first 5 games. His goal scoring then started to decrease and suddenly loads of people questioned his abilty.  

Coincidence? The pessimists among us may point out how players don't improve much when they sign for the club. They have their few great performances but then once they've settled in, they go a bit quiet. I don't know. What do you think? Does Pearson get the best out of the players or do they seem to lose that something special? 

I like to think that Chris Wood is just as good as he was when he first signed for us but due to more consistent players being available, his chances have been limited.

As for Ulloa, I think he's so much better both technically and clinically than Vardy and Nugent. Those who question him are probably not giving him a fair chance. 

You are right in saying wood didn't have a chance with us. At the time, Odemwingie was the main striker and no one else could really get a chance. Wood showed promise in the championship but never really had a crack at the premier league. Seems an unlucky bloke

The problems is not really with the strikers, it's the service to them which is the problem.

Having said that Vardy is wasted out left if Schlupp is not behind him as he's left stranded.

He'ed be better used in the hole running past people where he'd be harder to mark.

Wood deserves a chance at some point. He proved against Burnley last season that he can do it when needed.

He was a handful that day big strong and scored a spectacular goal.

But our problems are in midfield as this is where we need some proven premiership experience and more strength.

2012/13: Chris Wood started amazingly, he scored 7 goals in his first 5 games. His goal scoring then started to decrease and suddenly loads of people questioned his ability.

2014/15: Leonardo Ulloa started amazing, he scored 5 goals in his first 5 games. His goal scoring then started to decrease and suddenly loads of people questioned his abilty.  

Coincidence? The pessimists among us may point out how players don't improve much when they sign for the club. They have their few great performances but then once they've settled in, they go a bit quiet. I don't know. What do you think? Does Pearson get the best out of the players or do they seem to lose that something special? 

I like to think that Chris Wood is just as good as he was when he first signed for us but due to more consistent players being available, his chances have been limited.

As for Ulloa, I think he's so much better both technically and clinically than Vardy and Nugent. Those who question him are probably not giving him a fair chance. 

I think the likes of James, De Laet, Drinkwater, Vardy, Moore have made a lot of progress at Leicester, so it's hard to say that players don't develop under Pearson.

We have to look at the nature of our delivery into the box, though. Ulloa has only had three or four truly decent goalscoring opportunities in the past few games. We have to wonder more why Albrighton / Knockaert / Schlupp can't work the delivery, or Nugent isn't getting assists.

One major problem, and perhaps a deficiency in our training, lies in set piece delivery. A high percentage of target man goals come from set plays. It's interesting to note that we have looked more dangerous from corners in recent years when either new signings, or players previously unaccustomed to taking corners have been taking them. Look at Marshall, Knockaert, Waghorn when he returned from injury, James, Mahrez... even Cambiasso looked more dangerous at first - and he's a player with a proven track record of quality set piece delivery. It all suggests we're coaching the delivery out of them.

On the other hand, I watched the Swansea game on a stream with friends, one of which is involved at a high level of Spanish football, and played in their second tier. He was shocked by the lack of movement in the box for our deliveries - he said there was a lot of jostling but next to no movement. Either way, the coaches either need to look long and hard at themselves in this area, or bring someone in (Guppy for instance) who might be able to prepare set plays properly.

I could name plenty of players who have improved under Pearson. Vardy almost beyond recognition. Matty James who when on his game is fantastic (Bham away last season was one of the best midfield performances I've seen from a Leicester player for a long time). Anthony Knockaert has improved hugely defensively. I could go on.

Chris Wood isn't good enough and will end up on loan and then permanently out of here. Similar to Waghorn, Beckford etc. Pearson doesn't fancy him, that's obvious. We tried to sign Deeney among others in the summer which suggests Wood probably wasn't even considered good enough for the bench.

Archived