Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Premier League pro's and cons

Pro's:

Achieving promotion after ten years out and countless managers.

Pitting our wits against the best

Getting to see some of the world's best players

Big crowds

Great away days

Money to strengthen the squad

Being on MOTD

Cons:

Foxestalk going into meltdown with every loss

King Fox and his scouting assessments

Not equipping ourselves with sufficient quality to match certain teams

The possibility of another managerial change

You are turning out to be a quality poster. Once again, I agree with all your points like I did in Pearson out thread. That said, my point about the moody profile picture still stands. 

Anyway, +1'd. 

Pros

- Full ground.

- Any win feels that bit better.

- Being a league above Derby & Forest.

- Better chance of winning a cup.

- Quality atmosphere in the first few home games which you hardly ever got in the Championship.

- Potential of attracting better players.

- Live streams on every game.

- More insight into our club in the media (that could arguably go in either list).

- Full away ends, atmosphere in those however is debatable.

- Potential taking in over the odds money for our players (which in terms of English football I'd put in the 'cons' list).

Cons

- Scandalous ticket prices for away games, and home if you're a non-STH.

- Fans defending those scandalous ticket prices rather than condemning them.

- Less games, international breaks hitting harder than they used to and people coming to stupid conclusions because they're bored during these breaks.

- Less wins.

- Well over a thousand miles without an away goal.

- Increased pressure when on a bad run.

There are more pros on that list but I'd say the cons are stronger. I definitely enjoyed last year more than this year and I knew that would be the case.

Eight more games in the Championship. I genuinely miss those extra games as it always seems like ages between the Saturdays. One mid-week game so far this season says it all..

That will change in fairness. 11 out of 38 played so far but in terms of time we're already more than a third of the way into the season.

Yes we were a good football team last season, but now we are a better football team because we are a Premier League team.

There are people that say we are a worse team than last season, would anyone care to explain the logic of this? We have strengthened the team, we are a better team now than last season.

I am absolutely convinced we would lose to the Leicester of last year.

so battling to finish eighth and hoping for a cup is better than battling to finish first? unless the Thais are seriously serious about it, then I don't see the premier league ever being as entertaining for me personally as the championship. I've said it before, I don't care what league we're in who which teams were playing, I just like to see them win. watching hazard and Costa doesn't interest me, knowing mid table is your only realistic ambition doesn't either.

Shade, good name for your ambitions.Stay in it, not get noticed, rather keep out of the limelight.

Scared to match up.Sport is about competing, putting yourself to the test, compete against the best.

Nothing against the Championship, but 2nd best at the best, etc etc for the other lower leagues.

I can enjoy good games at any level, Sunday league etc, but Premier league should not make you apprehensive, but make

one realise, this is the top of the tree, and earning the right to be there, is to be sort, challenged and enjoyed, winning or losing.

like life ,hiding aint an option, if you aint upto the endeavor, there is always Posh, Mansfield and Kettering.

Shade, good name for your ambitions.Stay in it, not get noticed, rather keep out of the limelight.

Scared to match up.Sport is about competing, putting yourself to the test, compete against the best.

Nothing against the Championship, but 2nd best at the best, etc etc for the other lower leagues.

I can enjoy good games at any level, Sunday league etc, but Premier league should not make you apprehensive, but make

one realise, this is the top of the tree, and earning the right to be there, is to be sort, challenged and enjoyed, winning or losing.

like life ,hiding aint an option, if you aint upto the endeavor, there is always Posh, Mansfield and Kettering.

I couldnt have summed that up much better. Tall poppy syndrome. I want a team that goes up against the best and gives it a real go at the top level, not a team that bags wins against average sides. Like the league 1 season. Sure, we got out of there at the first attempt, which was a relief to be honest because even during the wins, it was impossible not to think that it was so underwhelming that we were so far down there in the first place.

Ill just throw a question out there about hypothetical notions of last seasons team, this seasons team and such.

As i said above, we could field the exact same team, and play the exact same way tomorrow, or in any given match, as we did last season. We have a manager who has improved us every single year he has been here, who decides not to do this. I personally have total faith in Pearson as our long term manager (and thats nothing against those who dont). If it truly was that simple, he would have just gone back to last years team and style. Or any team promoted in style from the championship would never change anything.

It is, but we're never ever going to compete with Chelsea, Man Utd etc... on a regular basis. I can fully see both sides of it. I think if you're realistic enough to accept that as a league it's pretty shit if you aren't one of the big clubs and that you'll never do anything unless you're bankrolled like Man City were, then you can take it from there and enjoy it to an extent. If you can't accept that then this league, and to be honest any major European league, is utter shit.

You've got to aim high, but English football is pretty bleak to be honest.

Archived