Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ZeljkoKalac1

Midfield minus Esteban

We went up with a good young midfield with no PL experience.It was obvious pre-season that the spine of the team needed strengthening.

I was astounded the long running saga of EC's recruitment resulted in him joining.He is clearly still a quality player.As the season has progressed other players have become more familiar with his play.He gives us quality and different options.With familiarity our forwards will profit from some of his stunning passes.

That said, I agree that a strong DM is also needed.

It's a squad game guys and we are 3 or 4 additions of similar quality to Esteban short.

We went up with a good young midfield with no PL experience.It was obvious pre-season that the spine of the team needed strengthening.

I was astounded the long running saga of EC's recruitment resulted in him joining.He is clearly still a quality player.As the season has progressed other players have become more familiar with his play.He gives us quality and different options.With familiarity our forwards will profit from some of his stunning passes.

That said, I agree that a strong DM is also needed.

It's a squad game guys and we are 3 or 4 additions of similar quality to Esteban short.

Yes i think thats a fair post..

IMO when you reflect back over the season so far you will have to come to the conclusion that his performances have out shone any other midfield player overall. Yes a single player in one or two games may do better. But overall when he is not in there we appear to get overun most of the time. Against Spurs (without him in there, think NP was saving him for Hull game)  I thought the lads did really well. But I also thought that if he was in there we may have gotten something out of that game. But then If my Mum had wheels; she would be a cart. We will never know. But yes, our best OVERALL midfielder so far this season. If we could only get someone else with similar passing and posession qualities in there to help in January.

He's probably our best midfielder individually but half the time when he plays it seems as though we have no midfield bar for the occasions in which he gets the ball and makes a brilliant pass. He can certainly do that but we looked much stronger with Drinkwater and James rather than Cambiasso and James. Players walk right through him and the commentators spend more time wanking over him whenever he plays than he actually contributes when he does. And yeah he's played the 3 matches we've won but 2 of those have been down there with our worst performances of the season 

He's probably our best midfielder individually but half the time when he plays it seems as though we have no midfield bar for the occasions in which he gets the ball and makes a brilliant pass. He can certainly do that but we looked much stronger with Drinkwater and James rather than Cambiasso and James. Players walk right through him and the commentators spend more time wanking over him whenever he plays than he actually contributes when he does. And yeah he's played the 3 matches we've won but 2 of those have been down there with our worst performances of the season

A Hull player (Meyler I think) walked past him and had an effort on goal that Hamer did well to save. We just can't afford to have a midfielder in the team who allows that to happen so regularly

Archived