Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ZeljkoKalac1

Midfield minus Esteban

What? World class Cambiasso that is clearly superior to everyone else?

He'll be back in for Hull if King is out I suspect. Unless James and Drinky start. Probably be all three.

We did play better today. Though that could well be down to nugent starting and being the link man?

We did play better today. Though that could well be down to nugent starting and being the link man?

Yeah, or it could be due to the fact that King and Drinky had a good half, then James and Drinky had an even better one.

But don't let that stop you from kissing Cambi's ass. Theres been an AWFUL lot of that on here.

:thumbup:

Think I'll find what?

You seem to be having a dig at me as someone who has always bummed Cambiasso. I posted a link to the post I left in the thread, which said this:

If we do get him he'll be a massive anti-climax anyway.

At 34 would he even be better than Drinkwater and James?

Get a LB in Nige. Cmon.

Yeah, or it could be due to the fact that King and Drinky had a good half, then James and Drinky had an even better one.

But don't let that stop you from kissing Cambi's ass. Theres been an AWFUL lot of that on here.

:thumbup:

I didn't kiss his arse though did I? I only offered an alternative but don't let that stop your single minded crusade

I agree with the comments about our midfield being better without cambiasso. I think he is a quality player but maybe he shouldn't start. He should be the sort of player that should come on when we have a lead or want to hold a draw with 20 mins to go to control the pace. Our team has pace and we need to utilise that to get into the final third. Pearson made a good call to drop him today. I hope he doesn't start against Hull and comes if we have a lead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So why have you not mentioned this since?

Because often he has been our MOTM so to pick on him would have been crazy. It's only now we've played without him that it's became apparent he is detrimental to the pace of our game. 

I said last season that Drinkwater and James are our best pairing, let's give them both a run now.

Because often he has been our MOTM so to pick on him would have been crazy. It's only now we've played without him that it's became apparent he is detrimental to the pace of our game.

I said last season that Drinkwater and James are our best pairing, let's give them both a run now.

Or because you've not had the courage of your conviction?

lol

IMO I feel we may have had that tiny little extra with him in there to at least get the draw. Do think though the lads really gave it a shift out today. I am really proud. Have not been that proud this season before. Even after the MU game because I knew it was a complete fluke. If you replay the game all the calls went our way for once. Not like today. Vardy's shove on the little Brazilian kid to get the ball. Then again on the young United fullback at the halp way line. Great result but we have to be honest that a 3-3 result should have been the just result. Today should have at least been 2-2. Or us even wining 3-2. Still can't see how the Ref did not even give 1 of the 2 shouts for a penalty. Strange Refing.

Well take everybody. Hope you all had a great Christmas.

So Happy New Year to your and your families

He's a class act but we are at our best when James and Drinkwater play together.

Totally agree. And amazingly that's the first time the two of them have played together in central midfield all season. Can't understand why it has taken so long.

so based on one game? which we lost? schlupp for the ballon d'or and cambiasso for the bin then! 

so based on one game? which we lost? schlupp for the ballon d'or and cambiasso for the bin then!

lol

Extremes again.... :thumbup:

I think, finally, its being considered (albeit tentatively) that Cambiasso has been bigged up into something great when actually, he's ok. Just ok. Which is what I've wondered all along. Personally, I'd forfeit his little touches and passes, in favour or a more energetic midfield. Which is also what i've said all along.

lol

I think, finally, its being considered (albeit tentatively) that Cambiasso has been bigged up into something great when actually, he's ok. Just ok. Which is what I've wondered all along. Personally, I'd forfeit his little touches and passes, in favour or a more energetic midfield. Which is also what i've said all along.

he's more than ok, he's our best cm by a distance. dan might be right saying he "doesn't fit our style", but he did fit our style when he was motm vs stoke and then one of the top performers vs united in our only two wins of the season? dunno. if james/drinky works then happy bloody days, i don't care much who plays as long as they play well. 

lol

Probably up there for player of the season and your still an idiot.

Rep me up lads.

Think we were better without him as a team.

He has been our best individual but as a team we've poor quite poor with him in.

yet he's been instrumental in our only 2 wins this season, scoring the equaliser in one and coming on at half time to turn a 2/10 first half performance into a good 7 or 8/10 second half mainly due to him?

Probably up there for player of the season and your still an idiot.

Rep me up lads.

Read the thread. Opinion is changing. Just because you don't want to accept you could be wrong, at least some are considering what might be best for the team.

And stop seeking rep points. Its a sign of insecurity.

yet he's been instrumental in our only 2 wins this season, scoring the equaliser in one and coming on at half time to turn a 2/10 first half performance into a good 7 or 8/10 second half mainly due to him?

Can't really argue with that.

Today we did seem better without him though, maybe just coincidence.

Obviously rate Cambiasso. He is still ahead of the other players in terms of reading the game. I thought he'd sit either today or Hull out due to the amount of games. I was impressed with Drinkwater but that's all. James and King, meh.

Archived