Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Pearson: Continue To Believe

Not really. As long as we finished 17th, I couldn't care if Burnley won the league. It's pointless dwelling on their performances.

It's not pointless, it highlights a very relevant point.

Comparing us with QPR and especially Burnley shows that we cannot merely put our current situation down to the players not being good enough. Sure, we have weaknesses, some players who aren't good enough. But most sides in the bottom 6, even in the bottom half have these sorts of players.

Comparing us with the other 2 promoted clubs, who we finished so far ahead of, proves that management must be making some woeful errors tactically, and also that our lack of confidence is causing us to play well below what the group of players are capable of. There is now way we should be adrift of those two.

I wish people would stop saying that the players we have just aren't good enough. That might explain why we're in a relegation battle, it doesn't explain how we are bottom and haven't won in 12 games. Our squad is not that pathetic on paper.

Also, by saying the players aren't good enough, people are assuming we're playing our best players. Which just isn't true considering Schlupp's in the team.

No, it's not. We're all starting from scratch again in the Premier League and QPR have acquired a lot of older, former PL players for £££.

And Burnley are riding on a high at the moment.

We only finished ahead of them two thanks to a late surge last season, we were all pretty close to one another for 2/3 of the campaign.

If you think that finishing 1st in the Championship comes with the prerogative of automatically finishing ahead of 2nd and 3rd once we all meet in the Premier League again, I suggest you take a look at the PL tables since 1992.

Eh? January onwards we were a mile clear. The facts don't lie, no matter when we had our best run of form. 102 points, 9 clear of Burnley, 22 clear of QPR. Being bottom after those stats is unique, it is unheard of. A side with over a 100 points has never been relegated the following season.

Comparing us with completely different promoted teams from completely different seasons is pointless, comparing last season's teams with this season' teams isn't.

It's not about how other teams who finished first have done. It's about how we SHOULD be doing. We should be doing better considering how many points we got last season and how well we have seen we can play.

Comparing us with QPR and especially Burnley shows that we cannot merely put our current situation down to the players not being good enough. Sure, we have weaknesses, some players who aren't good enough. But most sides in the bottom 6, even in the bottom half have these sorts of players.

Comparing us with the other 2 promoted clubs, who we finished so far ahead of, proves that management must be making some woeful errors tactically, and also that our lack of confidence is causing us to play well below what the group of players are capable of. There is now way we should be adrift of those two.

I wish people would stop saying that the players we have just aren't good enough. That might explain why we're in a relegation battle, it doesn't explain how we are bottom and haven't won in 12 games. Our squad is not that pathetic on paper.

Also, by saying the players aren't good enough, people are assuming we're playing our best players. Which just isn't true considering Schlupp's in the team.

Nice one.I wish I had patience with people to write posts like this but I dont unfortunately.

Eh? January onwards we were a mile clear. The facts don't lie, no matter when we had our best run of form. 102 points, 9 clear of Burnley, 22 clear of QPR. Being bottom after those stats is unique, it is unheard of. A side with over a 100 points has never been relegated the following season.

Comparing us with completely different promoted teams from completely different seasons is pointless, comparing last season's teams with this season' teams isn't.

It's not about how other teams who finished first have done. It's about how we SHOULD be doing. We should be doing better considering how many points we got last season and how well we have seen we can play.

I get what you're saying.

However, at this point last season:

post-17669-0-63029500-1419168886_thumb.p

Just because we were better than them last season doesn't mean we should be better than them now, that's such a stupid thing to say. Just because we aren't better than them now, doesn't mean we won't be over the course of the season, either.

Since then, QPR's main goalscorer has stayed fit pretty much all season and is behind only Costa and Aguero in the scoring rankings. They've also signed players such as Fer, Isla and Vargas who have undeniable quality.

Burnley have done well with what they've got. Fair play to them. I'm not saying we can't do any better because we definitely can but to simply say we should be ahead of them now because we were last season is far too simplistic. Look at recent history. I think you'll find those that have come up via the play offs and second place have actually had the most success. Is it disgraceful that they were above the teams that had finished ahead of them in the previous season?

Thing is, when if we win again will spark us into life? Say we somehow beat Spurs on Boxing Day, will that suddenly change all our fortunes around. Do our players just need that 3 points to believe in themselves again?

Watching them every week, you can see it in them, like Saturday, silly mistake and the pressure is straight on, and the confidence just gets sapped out of them.

I don't know mate, a win of any sort could give them a lift they need, but it's finding the win.

It's hard to call, confidence is a massive part of football, and cannot be underestimated, but heart says I like to think they could do ok, but head says this squad just hasn't got what it takes.

Losing like we are, it's going to be hard to get confidence in them, so maybe players coming in, that haven't been on the run, might just help performances, especially if they are quality signings.

Watching them every week, you can see it in them, like Saturday, silly mistake and the pressure is straight on, and the confidence just gets sapped out of them.

I don't know mate, a win of any sort could give them a lift they need, but it's finding the win.

It's hard to call, confidence is a massive part of football, and cannot be underestimated, but heart says I like to think they could do ok, but head says this squad just hasn't got what it takes.

Losing like we are, it's going to be hard to get confidence in them, so maybe players coming in, that haven't been on the run, might just help performances, especially if they are quality signings.

It's exactly that. We look like we are doing well and competing and then suddenly a mistake happens and their confidence is shot to pieces again. As Pearson says, the more setbacks we have the harder it is to deal with each one. By the sounds of it we were doing OK and the game was in the balance before Konchesky's error hands the game to them on a plate. It was the same vs. Man City, we actually started and played really well then, boom, Lampard goal and Man City have a lead they can hold onto and defend. We are just gifting goals and it's making it so hard for our players to get back into it.

For me a LB, CB and a striker are the priorities. Maybe Upson coming back might have some sort of positive effect. He may be able to take command of defending as none of our defenders seem to be doing so right now. 

It's exactly that. We look like we are doing well and competing and then suddenly a mistake happens and their confidence is shot to pieces again. As Pearson says, the more setbacks we have the harder it is to deal with each one. By the sounds of it we were doing OK and the game was in the balance before Konchesky's error hands the game to them on a plate. It was the same vs. Man City, we actually started and played really well then, boom, Lampard goal and Man City have a lead they can hold onto and defend. We are just gifting goals and it's making it so hard for our players to get back into it.

For me a LB, CB and a striker are the priorities. Maybe Upson coming back might have some sort of positive effect. He may be able to take command of defending as none of our defenders seem to be doing so right now.

Agree, wouldn't get more than that in January, and hope for the best, lb is a major priority, and a poacher striker, who will have the quality to take these limited chances.

Will be interesting to see who we can get, and wether the owners will seriously invest in an attempt to stay up

Agree, wouldn't get more than that in January, and hope for the best, lb is a major priority, and a poacher striker, who will have the quality to take these limited chances.

Will be interesting to see who we can get, and wether the owners will seriously invest in an attempt to stay up

We've got to bloody hope so as it's just awful at the moment

If you'd like to have a look at our last 9 permanent managers other than Pearson, you'll see that it can in fact be much, much worse.

Your 'live for now' philosophy would have led to us sacking him at the end of 2012/13 and missing out on one of the best seasons in our history. It's the kind of philosophy that would have seen us sack Martin O'Neill before he got going. Or that would have lead a Man United fan to throw up a 'ta ra Fergie' banner. It's the kind of short sighted view that would see us throw everything we've been building for the last three years. I could understand wanting to get rid of a manager who has spent a decent amount of time at a club and shown no signs of moving it forward, but I can't understand wanting to get rid of one who has done nothing but take said club forward. It's just utter madness.

So you believe that Pearson is currently taking the "club forward". You are showing signs of "madness".

If we finish above Burnley and QPR, that doesn't assure survival. We need to be better than three teams couldn't care if Burnley surpassed in this process, the target was 17th or above and would be deemed a successful season.

Archived