Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ivarti

Pearson is the best answer

It's only a mistake if we replace him with a slower learner or with someone with no experience of the premier league. 

We need someone that's made the mistakes, learnt from them previously and can attract better players in Jan....

Currently who would join LCFC with NP at the helm?? Someone that doesn't mind being in the championship next season .... A new manager would at least be able to sell the dream of staying up, as the situation is not of his doing.

If we change managers we would still be bottom of the League! So it doesn't matter much to new signings who the Boss is. We're unlikely to attract decent signings either way. For that reason, we can only rely on the people who have gotten us into this mess.

Pearson has cocked up. And so, our chances of getting out of it are slighter better if we give him the chance to fix his own mess. As you say, any new bloke who comes in, "the situation is not "of his doing". So where's his motivation to fix things?

I don't want some stop-gap boss to come in on a fat salary for the rest of the season, just to turn round in May and say "well it wasn't of my doing".

MON was a quick learner, while Pearson appears to have learnt nothing.

"Most fans" probably now don't support him, as he leads us at full throttle, back to the Championship, undoing all the good work he did last season. His tv interview last Friday, showed us a worried and unhappy man, whose arrogance gets the better of him.

It is certainly time for him to go.

Surely someone who's arrogant isn't worried?

Surely someone who's arrogant isn't worried?

You're making the mistake of arguing with people who have never wanted him here. They came out with a load of poppy cock reasoning last time and they are doing it again.

I actually take people more seriously if they just say, you know what I don't think this is good enough and I'd rather someone else got a shot. Over those who have clearly been waiting to use their already sharpened knives from last time, by trotting a load of guff in their OTT assassination attempts.

You're making the mistake of arguing with people who have never wanted him here. They came out with a load of poppy cock reasoning last time and they are doing it again.

I actually take people more seriously if they just say, you know what I don't think this is good enough and I'd rather someone else got a shot. Over those who have clearly been waiting to use their already sharpened knives from last time, by trotting a load of guff in their OTT assassination attempts.

Oh I'm exactly the same. I just like to pull people up who cite personal reasons for wanting the man out. "I've never liked him", "he's arrogant", "nasty manner", "won't talk to dat there respectable bloke Stringer" etc...

There are many sensible reasons for wanting him out. It seems many are insistent on including personal insults in their arguments or making assumptions about his character when the only person they see is his media persona. Despite there being numerous internal and external stories about Nige's character behind the scenes they seem to ignore that for their own very dismal view of the man. 

I reckon if we look back, a large percentage of those who want him gone now would have been saying exactly the same things in the Championship when we were on a poor run.

I don't think you can compare the 2 things really.as I say arrogance can be a front so other people don't see you as weak.people do wear masks.how often have you seen a neighbour of a serial killer on the news saying he just seemed a normal person.extreme example I know.

Bit extreme lol 

But I do get what you're saying. Still don't think it's a stick you can beat our manager with though

When Pearson came back I was happy,annoyed when he left for hull.I've gradually gone off the bloke,I enjoyed last season and thank him for it,if he did well this season I may have even warmed to the guy.make no mistake I d love not to be saying this now,cause it would mean my team were performing better,which is ultimately all I care about.

Oh I'm exactly the same. I just like to pull people up who cite personal reasons for wanting the man out. "I've never liked him", "he's arrogant", "nasty manner", "won't talk to dat there respectable bloke Stringer" etc...

There are many sensible reasons for wanting him out. It seems many are insistent on including personal insults in their arguments or making assumptions about his character when the only person they see is his media persona. Despite there being numerous internal and external stories about Nige's character behind the scenes they seem to ignore that for their own very dismal view of the man. 

I reckon if we look back, a large percentage of those who want him gone now would have been saying exactly the same things in the Championship when we were on a poor run.

I'm a bit different to that at the moment. If there was anything that made me think I'm not at all bothered if he left, its actually become his demeanour. I think he's coming over as even more arrogant recently. The feud with Stringer is like two kids in a playground and the 'f..k off and die' was simply not on.

This thing with the players not talking to Radio Leicester is also petty.

Actually, the club is presently a bit of an embarassment. I never thought it would be THIS bad this season.

There's always stats coming out about teams bottom or bottom 3 at Christmas and whether they get relegated or not. I've always been undecided on whether sticking with the manager or changing is the best way so I decided to look back at what the bottom 3 at Christmas had done in the last 11 years and I was actually surprised.

33 teams bottom 3 at Xmas.

17 changed their manager at some point during the season - 8 stayed up, 9 relegated

16 kept their manager all season - 7 stayed up, 9 relegated

11 teams bottom at Xmas - 9 relegated, 2 stayed up

The 2 teams that stayed up both changed their manager before December.

Out of the 9 relegated, 4 changed and 5 kept and got relegated.

I know this doesn't really prove much, but it was something I was to interested in finding out and thought I'd share.

I'm a bit different to that at the moment. If there was anything that made me think I'm not at all bothered if he left, its actually become his demeanour. I think he's coming over as even more arrogant recently. The feud with Stringer is like two kids in a playground and the 'f..k off and die' was simply not on.

This thing with the players not talking to Radio Leicester is also petty.

Actually, the club is presently a bit of an embarassment. I never thought it would be THIS bad this season.

Bit of a difference between "not bothered if he left" and actively wanting to drive him out of the club because of it?

My feelings are fairly similar. If he went I wouldn't complain and can see the reasons for it, so long as the replacement is someone with experience who can use that to get us out of this mess, not an inexperienced Pearson mark 2. I actually trust the owners to make the right decision. The owners have all the information available to them and they have stuck with him so far. That's good enough for me so I will back him right until the day he walks out the door, whether it's of his own accord or because the Thais have sacked him.

I don't think anyone thought it would be this bad this season. Fortunately for us, this has happened fairly early in the season so there's still some time to rectify it. Unfortunately for us, as much as we have our own opinions we don't really know the right solution and we are probably the ones left most frustrated by it all because we pour our heart and soul into the club. I think most are left so frustrated because they think they know the answer but can have very little impact in implementing it or affecting the club, bar singing loudly at games and turning up in numbers. In truth, there is a lot that goes on that we don't see that could prove to be the solution.

The club isn't great at the moment but I just don't want to panic and react too much. People deal with setbacks differently. They're entitled to that but, however much the club means to me, I'm trying to remain calm and not let things become too negative for myself. I go to every game with the hope we can win it but I'm well aware of the situation we are in. I'll hope we can win on Friday. Realistically I'd be happy with a draw and expect that we will probably lose.

Bit of a difference between "not bothered if he left" and actively wanting to drive him out of the club because of it?

My feelings are fairly similar. If he went I wouldn't complain and can see the reasons for it, so long as the replacement is someone with experience who can use that to get us out of this mess, not an inexperienced Pearson mark 2. I actually trust the owners to make the right decision. The owners have all the information available to them and they have stuck with him so far. That's good enough for me so I will back him right until the day he walks out the door, whether it's of his own accord or because the Thais have sacked him.

I don't think anyone thought it would be this bad this season. Fortunately for us, this has happened fairly early in the season so there's still some time to rectify it. Unfortunately for us, as much as we have our own opinions we don't really know the right solution and we are probably the ones left most frustrated by it all because we pour our heart and soul into the club. I think most are left so frustrated because they think they know the answer but can have very little impact in implementing it or affecting the club, bar singing loudly at games and turning up in numbers. In truth, there is a lot that goes on that we don't see that could prove to be the solution.

The club isn't great at the moment but I just don't want to panic and react too much. People deal with setbacks differently. They're entitled to that but, however much the club means to me, I'm trying to remain calm and not let things become too negative for myself. I go to every game with the hope we can win it but I'm well aware of the situation we are in. I'll hope we can win on Friday. Realistically I'd be happy with a draw and expect that we will probably lose.

Your final sentence says it all mate. There's the problem. We DO expect to lose. When we go into games expecting this (as fans I mean), that's not panic or over-reaction. It's not at all good and shows just what a mess we are in.

Even under Micky Adams, as a season ticket holder back then, I can honestly say there were games we went into where we didn't expect to lose. As it happened, we were bad and went down.

When the general feeling is one of this type of expectation ( which isn't really based on pessimism, it's based on what we are watching and the results), it's posssibly time for a change. We need to be going into SOME games at least, not expecting to lose.

I posted I would support Pearson throughout last season, prior to it starting, and supported him up to about six matches ago, when it became clear that he was well and truly out of his depth. The results, like it or not, speak for themselves, so Babs, your argument is flawed, and just doesn't hold water any more.

You may be one of those who bury their head's in the sand, and can only come up with your own, illogical,"guff".

Are you and Mark W. lovers, or just both stereotyped, crashing bores?

I've been behind NP for a good while now and have only lost patience in the last few weeks. I didn't think he was the right man for the job when we appointed him and you still go on about that even now.

Just when will you stop being a NP fan and be a fan of LCFC??? What does the guy have to do to lose your support and for you to want your club to get a replacement????

How 2 points from 12 games??? That's clearly good enough for you, and you stick by him .... so how bad does it get before you change your mind???

If we change managers we would still be bottom of the League! So it doesn't matter much to new signings who the Boss is. We're unlikely to attract decent signings either way. For that reason, we can only rely on the people who have gotten us into this mess.

Pearson has cocked up. And so, our chances of getting out of it are slighter better if we give him the chance to fix his own mess. As you say, any new bloke who comes in, "the situation is not "of his doing". So where's his motivation to fix things?

I don't want some stop-gap boss to come in on a fat salary for the rest of the season, just to turn round in May and say "well it wasn't of my doing".

We'd have a fresh start at the bottom of the league with a new boss, new ideas and the prospect of him bringing in new players.

I don't see how you can't see that as different to keeping the same manager, same tactics, same negativity around the place. Keep doing what you've always done and you'll get what you've always got ..... It's time to change.

Your final sentence says it all mate. There's the problem. We DO expect to lose. When we go into games expecting this (as fans I mean), that's not panic or over-reaction. It's not at all good and shows just what a mess we are in.

Even under Micky Adams, as a season ticket holder back then, I can honestly say there were games we went into where we didn't expect to lose. As it happened, we were bad and went down.

When the general feeling is one of this type of expectation ( which isn't really based on pessimism, it's based on what we are watching and the results), it's posssibly time for a change. We need to be going into SOME games at least, not expecting to lose.

I was talking about Friday's game at home to Spurs, which, given where they are and where we are is one people would expect us to lose? Just like I expected to lose at home to Man City and away to West Ham. There are games where I will go into it not expecting us to lose - Hull (A), Villa (H), Stoke (H) etc...

You're right there's probably too many games where we expect to lose now. Part of that is the nature of this league. Although, earlier in the season I went into home games vs. Everton, Arsenal and United not actually expecting us to lose. It was a mixture of positivity, us carrying our form from last season into this one and a bit of early season hope from myself. Now the PL and our situation has hit home it's meant I expect us to lose far more games than I would have said at the start of the season. That's a product of our form mainly. Yes, we are a mess at the moment and something clearly needs to change. Whether that's a managerial change, change of a few players, a change of luck (although I believe you mostly make your own luck) or even the slightest change in something behind the scenes which we can't see. The thing that is frustrating for everyone is that we can't see which one, or combination, of these things will work. A new manager could come in and we could continue to flounder. That could, alternatively, make us harder to beat and bring us a few more points. New players could come in and sort us out. They could also come in and have no effect - therefore you'd guess the manager is at fault. That's why I don't get too worked up. I will have my opinion on what could work but that's all it is.

Archived