Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ivarti

Pearson is the best answer

For every Palace, there is a Wolves, a Fulham, a Brum etc - sacking a manager doesn't always solve things. In some cases it starts a spiral of sackings and going down the leagues - after what we've done in recent years, to get where we are and to see how the club has been revolutionised top to bottom - why would endanger the long term security and philosophy of the club?

It proved right to stick with NP the season before last when he had a sticky patch, and it is now. There's only one Nigel Pearson!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kneel before the mighty Pearson and continue supporting the Pearsonite sect. You are a good disciple and Pearson will reward you without telling you to f off and die.

Looks like you have been on the sherry sunshine. Pearson has lost more than the 4 games you mention. Nevermind get back on on the sherry chap and then bow down to your Pearson poster on your wall. Hail Pearson the almighty who can do no wrong. Can I ask you a serious question chap - If NP ran off with your wife would you be ok with it - I think we all know the answer will be yes..... Hail Pearson

There's no need to mock the guy. But yes, his hero worship reminds me a bit of the Ollie-mask wearers back in '08. Or those who thought Micky Adams was still the messiah in early 2004. Unless the board are a great deal more ambitious than I suspect them to be, Pearson may as well stay. But he has done a pretty awful job this year - and, incredibly, it's been one of those seasons when a great many fans have been able to spot his staggering errors long before he's managed to rectify them.

Maybe not Brum - but another good example is Cardiff (Mackay...), who would have had similar ambitions to us I'm sure, and look where they are now!

I know it's different for every club. Although they weren't in as bad a position as we are, it worked for Soton when they sacked Adkins.

Are you suggesting there's no point sacking him now in our current position?

I also think if he was to go he would have gone a few weeks ago - when a bounce would have seen us go to midtable.

I'm a fairly loyal person by nature, and for someone I who I think has been a success to be sacked, would disappoint me hugely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay, that's fair enough. I thought your first post was a bit daft but I'd agree with all of this. And yes, I think there's probably no point in sacking him now. Unless, as I said in another post, the board are a lot more ambitious than they seem to be.

He didn't turn it around that season though, did he?

I never said he did, I said he did after the transfer window. It's almost like you didn't read what I wrote.

Our aim was, and we were favourites for automatic promotion, and we ended up sneaking into the play-offs, then instantly got knocked out. There are managers out there who would have taken us up, and plenty who would have taken us up a year later. I wouldn't even have betted against Sven taking us up if he'd been given another two-and-a-half years.

Has nothing to do with what I wrote.

And which transfer windows are you referring to? Because there was no improvement in 2009, nor did there need to be, and we went on a very poor run after the windows of 2010, 2012 and 2013. And the window of 2014 just saw us cement our success.

We went on poor runs after those windows, precisely. The problems were not all evident before them such as the season before last (who saw that run coming?). We got to the summer, he added the players he needed and we improved on what we did the year before (we've never gone backwards under him). He's clearly no master tactician, but prior to this summer everyone was pretty much in agreement that recruitment was one of our strong points. I've never seen him tweak tactics and a group of players who weren't great became great. I have seen him keep adding his own players and us continually progressing.

If Pearson stopped wasting hours on forums with his alter egos supporting himself and spent more time looking at the team we might not be in this situation. The answer is to block Pearson's IP address from this forum and then we would lose over 20 members overnight........ we all know that no real/normal fan would write such sickafantic dribble and be so in love with the man so it has to be Pearson himself as he is the only one who loves himself so much.

Pearson takes us to non league - stick by him chaps as changing manager would be a disaster

Pearson bankrupts the club - stick by him chaps as we need consistency and changing him would be a disaster

Pearson starts WW3 - stick by him chaps as we need consistency

Consistency chaps - and this consistant crap is brilliant

Hail Pearson the consistant one

I be this missus can time their passion making to the clock ... but as long as he is consistent we are fine.

Who are these brilliant players we'll be able to sign in the window that will keep us up? Sometimes you've just got to roll the dice and keep your fingers crossed.

There are more players out there than managers, there are lots of leagues where you can recruit from that even a team in our position it's still a step up for them. We are meant to have a decent scouting network (clearly we got let down in the summer for one reason or another), but there is probably more chance of them picking up a few decent players than there is  of us getting in this manager with such an great standing he's going to get players to step down from a good level to join us. If people are expecting that from Pulis some of his transfer dealings have been awful for what he's spent. You'd be getting nothing more than what Palace got in the summer.

Leicester City 5 - Man Utd 3, who can do that again. The form is not bad, errors by certain individuals is the problem. This has nothing to do with form. I am not in for an argument, but the MON situation is one that is to recognise, when it comes to abuse, and that was the point. The fact that he had no experience from the PL is simular to NP. Please read what I am writing before critisising. No one wanted MON sacked during his time in the PL with City, so that is not the case. I certainly don't agree with a lot of what NP has done this season, but he has managed to turn things around before, and I just believe he will do it again. I have no clue myself on how to be a manager at a football club like Leicester, and know that looking at alternative managers, makes me just wondering what they could have done better. I respect NP in full, a great manager and one to honour even if City goes down. A change in management would be wrong at City at this moment, because it could affect a lot of the structure, culture and we don't have the answers. There are a lot of good things happening in the academy at the moment, players in there like Barmby, Cain and several others are exciting prospects, and bringing fantastic players from Bulgaria and Finland are not better options. Please understand the importance of keeping Nigel Pearson, please .....

There are more players out there than managers, there are lots of leagues where you can recruit from that even a team in our position it's still a step up for them. We are meant to have a decent scouting network (clearly we got let down in the summer for one reason or another), but there is probably more chance of them picking up a few decent players than there is  of us getting in this manager with such an great standing he's going to get players to step down from a good level to join us. If people are expecting that from Pulis some of his transfer dealings have been awful for what he's spent. You'd be getting nothing more than what Palace got in the summer.

You can't ask us to name a brilliant manager we could get and then not tell us which brilliant players we'll be able to sign.

Nothing's guaranteed, changing managers might make things worse (hard to see how at the minute though) just as new players might not achieve anything but if some on here think we need a change of direction with a new man in charge then it's hard for me to tell them they're wrong at the minute.

Leicester City 5 - Man Utd 3, who can do that again. The form is not bad, errors by certain individuals is the problem. This has nothing to do with form. I am not in for an argument, but the MON situation is one that is to recognise, when it comes to abuse, and that was the point. The fact that he had no experience from the PL is simular to NP. Please read what I am writing before critisising. No one wanted MON sacked during his time in the PL with City, so that is not the case. I certainly don't agree with a lot of what NP has done this season, but he has managed to turn things around before, and I just believe he will do it again. I have no clue myself on how to be a manager at a football club like Leicester, and know that looking at alternative managers, makes me just wondering what they could have done better. I respect NP in full, a great manager and one to honour even if City goes down. A change in management would be wrong at City at this moment, because it could affect a lot of the structure, culture and we don't have the answers. There are a lot of good things happening in the academy at the moment, players in there like Barmby, Cain and several others are exciting prospects, and bringing fantastic players from Bulgaria and Finland are not better options. Please understand the importance of keeping Nigel Pearson, please .....

Nobody wanted O'Neill sacked when he was in the PL because he did a good job in the PL.

And Pearson is not a great Leicester manager. His second spell in charge may well turn out not to have taken us forward at all. 

The moment for new managers may have passed. But some games back there was a guy available who was widely respected, and the reigning PL manager-of-the-year, for his ability to manage exactly this type of situation. The likes of me thought it was best not to act, and we didn't, and now we're probably going to get relegated. Maybe it's just worth accepting that.

And 'what they could have done better'... Pearson's performance this season has been full of decisions which looked like awful ideas at the time, then turned out to be awful ideas. The most sensible decisions he's made (such as taking De Laet, Konchesky, Nugent out of the side) have been made a good month after everybody else thought they were sensible decisions. He's been woeful.

I never said he did, I said he did after the transfer window. It's almost like you didn't read what I wrote.

Has nothing to do with what I wrote.

We went on poor runs after those windows, precisely. The problems were not all evident before them such as the season before last (who saw that run coming?). We got to the summer, he added the players he needed and we improved on what we did the year before (we've never gone backwards under him). He's clearly no master tactician, but prior to this summer everyone was pretty much in agreement that recruitment was one of our strong points. I've never seen him tweak tactics and a group of players who weren't great became great. I have seen him keep adding his own players and us continually progressing.

Of course I read what you wrote, Babylon. But you were clearly talking about a summer transfer window, which can't be compared to a winter transfer window. He hasn't got a great record in winter transfer windows.

And what I wrote had everything to do with what you wrote. In other words, we didn't turn things around and didn't achieve our objectives as a result of his winter transfer activity. You were suggesting that we should leave him in charge purely in order to give him a winter transfer window, because that's something he's especially good at. And it really isn't.

And 'continual progression'? It's hard to argue that when we've been so effortlessly overtaken by QPR and Burnley.

He's a manager who has done well in the past. He's doing awfully at the moment. It looks like you and I were wrong to say we should stick with him five or six games ago. But at this point the main reason for sticking with him is that he might learn, he might suddenly improve, and the mess he's created is so great that I doubt anyone else could do much better.

City fans have evolved over the years and understand that we are in a dodgy position

I've nite heard any calls for Pearson out at ganes-what other manager would have that after 12 straight league defeats?

Yes he's done well in theCchip but you could argue this league is too big a step for him?

As to best manager we've had now your being deluded!!!!

Nigel Pearson is the best answer if the question is:

Under which manager are Leicester City 100% certainties to get relegated in the 2014-15 season?

4/9 to get relegated

put every penny you own on it mate. 100% certainties means free money

and if you lose it all then it means we've survived! its win-win

Of course I read what you wrote, Babylon. But you were clearly talking about a summer transfer window, which can't be compared to a winter transfer window. He hasn't got a great record in winter transfer windows.

And what I wrote had everything to do with what you wrote. In other words, we didn't turn things around and didn't achieve our objectives as a result of his winter transfer activity. You were suggesting that we should leave him in charge purely in order to give him a winter transfer window, because that's something he's especially good at. And it really isn't.

And 'continual progression'? It's hard to argue that when we've been so effortlessly overtaken by QPR and Burnley.

He's a manager who has done well in the past. He's doing awfully at the moment. It looks like you and I were wrong to say we should stick with him five or six games ago. But at this point the main reason for sticking with him is that he might learn, he might suddenly improve, and the mess he's created is so great that I doubt anyone else could do much better.

A transfer window, is a transfer window. It enables you to strengthen to solves problems, something you have admitted he has been able to do during the summer. He's also signed Morgan, Drinkwater, Mahrez in January windows all of whom went on to be some of our best players.

It is not a guarantee of anything, I never said it was. I said at this point, I would prefer to give him a January window to pick players his scouts would have been working on for months. Scouts who have generally done very very well for us.  Over us somehow picking up this manager days before the window who is going to have standing in the game, who is going to attract a load of players and do all this whilst sussing out exactly what we need in the space of a few days.

If the owners wanted to change it should have been done weeks ago. So I repeat it would be stupid to do so now so close to the window.

If 2 points out of 36 isn't bad form, then what is?  lol

Errors by individuals only add to the problem because, individually, they're not good enough for this league.

You can carry three, possibly four championship standard players, and do ok.  We're carrying at least double that imo. 

Too many.  :thumbup:

We needed at least 8 players in the summer and ended up with barely three good enough to step up.

A transfer window, is a transfer window. It enables you to strengthen to solves problems, something you have admitted he has been able to do during the summer. He's also signed Morgan, Drinkwater, Mahrez in January windows all of whom went on to be some of our best players.

It is not a guarantee of anything, I never said it was. I said at this point, I would prefer to give him a January window to pick players his scouts would have been working on for months. Scouts who have generally done very very well for us.  Over us somehow picking up this manager days before the window who is going to have standing in the game, who is going to attract a load of players and do all this whilst sussing out exactly what we need in the space of a few days.

If the owners wanted to change it should have been done weeks ago. So I repeat it would be stupid to do so now so close to the window.

But his scouts have done an especially awful job at identifying PL standard players for us, haven't they?

And again, I don't believe anybody involved in football, or most fans of it, would feel that the January window is comparable with the summer one.

You mention three January signings. Not one of them was responsible for a turnaround in our fortunes. I'll repeat what I said - your suggestion was that we should give him the window because he's good at transfer windows, and yet our form has always either collapsed or remained the same after January windows.

If we don't feel he's a manager who will ultimately lead us to Premiership stability, either this time or next time round, then we'd be daft to give him substantial funds now. Those funds could be the difference between attracting a quality manager in the summer, and ending up with Simon Grayson.

But his scouts have done an especially awful job at identifying PL standard players for us, haven't they?

You don't know who we missed out on, or what the reason was. All we know is that we missed out on a lot with lots of different names chucked around. Cresswell, Pelle to name just two. As I've said times the scouts comments on twitter about it being frustrating, but pleasing to see missed targets performing well at a high level. The other comments about there often being big differences in quality between first choice and 4th or 5th are quite telling. Was it or wasn't it Robinson... can we just not afford them? Who knows but the owners, and they seem willing to back him and get rid of Robinson.

If we don't feel he's a manager who will ultimately lead us to Premiership stability, either this time or next time round, then we'd be daft to give him substantial funds now. Those funds could be the difference between attracting a quality manager in the summer, and ending up with Simon Grayson.

If we aren't going to give him funds, then we might as well sack him now. You either back him or sack him, it's pointless in carrying through until the summer when a new man could be trying to make changes. But if we're going to do that, then we might as well have sacked him 6 games ago and got someone in to work the window.

Archived