Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ivarti

Pearson is the best answer

There is a curious lack of ambition from many younger fans here. It is as though they want to sound wise and cautious as a way of compensating for their lack of experience.

If their job depended on making the decision to keep or sack Pearson would they honestly be so supportive?

The mods deleted my thread today which didn't break any forum rules, was Leicester City related, was unique and got people talking and excited...

Yet they keep boring crap like this. A 100th post about whether or not Pearson should be sacked.

Freedom of speech is imperative here. FoxesTalk is not North Korea, it shouldn't be one rule for one and another for the other. It's for reasons like this that the forum has a reputation for not being representative of the Leicester fanbase.

The thread should be reopened or an explanation of which rule has been broken should be provided.

Thing is, this is not a public forum, it's a private one.

The owner of the site takes decisions as he sees fit. No explanation required.

You think this forum isn't representative of the LCFC fan base with the amount of followers and interactions it has? You think Bentleys Roof is any better? lol

You think this forum isn't representative of the LCFC fan base with the amount of followers and interactions it has? You think Bentleys Roof is any better? lol

All sounds a bit fascist to me.I've seen acts of fascism on here.

There is a curious lack of ambition from many younger fans here. It is as though they want to sound wise and cautious as a way of compensating for their lack of experience.

If their job depended on making the decision to keep or sack Pearson would they honestly be so supportive?

What does the lack of top-flight experience has to do how (younger) posters interact on here?

About as much as the old dogs cannot lead a sensible life without claiming that Leicester City "belong" in the top flight, whatever that entails.

I think the majority on here are open to a sensitive approach to ambition, accepting that building for the longer term is more important than trying to "get it done" as quickly and with as much money involved as possible.

What should unite us is the experience of years past, with financial mismanagement, a hire&fire policy, mediocre players and managers being the norm.

I thought we'd all left that behind for the better?

Can't be arsed.I remember mark from the old official forum.he wasn't Mr popular on there.

Then you have to bite the bullet and adhere to forum rules.

Ever heard of rights and duties? Same applies here. It's not a lawless environment, you know.

This season Pearson just hasn’t been good enough.

We’ll almost certainly be relegated now, and I think that the fault for that lies mainly with Pearson and his team selections and tactics.

I’d back Pearson to take us back up though next season, so I don’t see the point in changing managers.

This squad does have the quality (with 2 or 3 additions in January) to perform the miracle. Trouble is that the confidence is shot, and whilst we have now finally found a formation suitable for the Premiership, we shouldn’t be learning it 19 games in. We should have been playing this way since Day 1.

If we change manager we’ll almost certainly be relegated.

If we stick with Pearson we’ll most probably be relegated.

Hobson’s flipping choice.

The players still back Pearson. So I do too.

I suppose it's public inasmuch as it's published, and open to everyone. But I'm not sure I've seen any evidence of fascism. Maybe the post in question was just moved, or lost. It's happened to one or two unbelievably banal posts of mine too over the years, but I think something must just have gone wrong.

Is the owner, out of curiosity, a poster on here? Because I can think  of one or two people who, were it to be them, would surely have banned me years ago!

We’ll almost certainly be relegated now, and I think that the fault for that lies mainly with Pearson and his team selections and tactics.

I’d back Pearson to take us back up though next season, so I don’t see the point in changing managers.

This squad does have the quality (with 2 or 3 additions in January) to perform the miracle. Trouble is that the confidence is shot, and whilst we have now finally found a formation suitable for the Premiership, we shouldn’t be learning it 19 games in. We should have been playing this way since Day 1.

If we stick with the manager that got us in the position in the first place we'll almost certainly be relegated.

Surely there is no other reason needed to change that manager?

Nigel Pearson is the best answer for City. Most people who would like to see a change, don't take into consideration that to stay up would anyway be difficult, or more of a miracle. People are talking about sacking NP after losing games v. Man City, West Ham and Liverpool, and of course a loss away to Aston Villa must also be counted. Why in hell should a Leicester City manager be sacked after losing games against those opponents. I certainly hope that the owners understand more than people asking for NP's head. Yes a lot has not been as we would have liked, but any of those talking shite about NP, should try to do the same themselves. They would have peed in their pants, and blushed. Many of those writing at this forum have no clue what football is all about, and just to sack the manager is their only answer, because the answer is, they don't know anything about football, training methods, coaching, transfer dealings, dealing with agents, buildiing bounds in a squad. Many fans also used to abuse Martin O'Neill, and they were all so terribly wrong, so far out in the country that anyone could get. So please start to show support for Nigel Pearson, one of the best managers in the history of Leicester FC, with two promotions and League winning medals. Martin O'Neill had no previous background from the Premier League either when he came up with City, and hopefully the tide will turn, most fans will back Nigel Pearson no matter what, and the team needs passionate support, not a lot of people crying and asking for the managers head and especially NP's head. Merry Xmas everybody !!!

MON was a quick learner, while Pearson appears to have learnt nothing.

"Most fans" probably now don't support him, as he leads us at full throttle, back to the Championship, undoing all the good work he did last season. His tv interview last Friday, showed us a worried and unhappy man, whose arrogance gets the better of him.

It is certainly time for him to go.

If we stick with the manager that got us in the position in the first place we'll almost certainly be relegated.

Surely there is no other reason needed to change that manager?

Well, not necessarily.

Can’t remember who, but someone on here said that Pearson is a slow learner, but once he gets something he really gets it.

We are around 7 or 8 points worse off than we would be had Pearson not messed with tactics and formations. The reason we are bottom is not because of Saturday’s result, but because of the woeful 442 or worse Diamond that we played in the Burnley, WBA, Sunderland, Villa and QPR games.

With a bit of tactical nouse we could have got 2 wins and 3 draws from those games.

Pearson is a good manager, no question. However, he’s had a bad season and lost confidence.  However, we’re now playing a more effective 451 It still needs tweaking (ie, Ulloa for Vardy and a defensive midfielder), but it’s given us a chance.

I think it would be a mistake to get rid of Pearson just when he’s showing signs that he might finally be understanding the tactics required at this level.

Plus, apart from Pulis (who would probably turn us down), who else is there?

Well, not necessarily.

Can’t remember who, but someone on here said that Pearson is a slow learner, but once he gets something he really gets it.

We are around 7 or 8 points worse off than we would be had Pearson not messed with tactics and formations. The reason we are bottom is not because of Saturday’s result, but because of the woeful 442 or worse Diamond that we played in the Burnley, WBA, Sunderland, Villa and QPR games.

With a bit of tactical nouse we could have got 2 wins and 3 draws from those games.

Pearson is a good manager, no question. However, he’s had a bad season and lost confidence.  However, we’re now playing a more effective 451 It still needs tweaking (ie, Ulloa for Vardy and a defensive midfielder), but it’s given us a chance.

I think it would be a mistake to get rid of Pearson just when he’s showing signs that he might finally be understanding the tactics required at this level.

Plus, apart from Pulis (who would probably turn us down), who else is there?

It's only a mistake if we replace him with a slower learner or with someone with no experience of the premier league. 

We need someone that's made the mistakes, learnt from them previously and can attract better players in Jan....

Currently who would join LCFC with NP at the helm?? Someone that doesn't mind being in the championship next season .... A new manager would at least be able to sell the dream of staying up, as the situation is not of his doing.

It's only a mistake if we replace him with a slower learner or with someone with no experience of the premier league. 

We need someone that's made the mistakes, learnt from them previously and can attract better players in Jan....

Currently who would join LCFC with NP at the helm?? Someone that doesn't mind being in the championship next season .... A new manager would at least be able to sell the dream of staying up, as the situation is not of his doing.

Now, this is really getting a bit desperate now with regards to arguments against the current manager.

Now, this is really getting a bit desperate now with regards to arguments against the current manager.

Desperate?????

Are you joking????

How on earth is NP going to sell a club rock bottom of the league to any new signings???? 

At least a new manager that didn't fail so miserably could potentially get those new players in that give us a fighting chance of turning around this shambles.

Desperate?????

Are you joking????

How on earth is NP going to sell a club rock bottom of the league to any new signings????

At least a new manager that didn't fail so miserably could potentially get those new players in that give us a fighting chance of turning around this shambles.

Money talks......

If the players didn't back him it would be like turkeys voting for Christmas.

Archived