Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HoustonFox

GTF - "The William "The Fridge" Perry of the EPL

All I can say about GTF  is.. he has never let us down... been a very good signing for us..

Quite so. Much under-estimated, quick-thinking and skilful player with a good football brain.

If you're tuning in, don't let the insults get you down, Gary! Some of us value you - and know that you're just big-boned, not fat. You need that big rib cage for your big heart and powerful lungs and that big head for your big brain, don't you?

In all seriousness, I do rate him (within reason - mainly a bench player in the Premier or upper reaches of Championship, but a good one). His career, making his way up all the leagues, is a great story of the rewards gleaned from applying yourself, too. I shouldn't have been so surprised that he was one of the minority who put a shift in v. the Shrews.

Not that it's anything to do with his footie abilities but for what it's worth, I am reliably informed that GTF and his wife go beyond what is asked for and do MASSIVE amounts of charity work to raise money for Alder Hey Childrens Hospial.

They are apparently, a very unassuming couple/family, stay well below the radar in terms of publicity and exposure and are genuinely great people. She drives a very normal practical car and is very unaffected by this WAG culture some footballers wives seem to crave.

He does look less like a footballer out of probably all other players I've ever seen, especially in the Prem but I can't help but like the guy.

GTF has the car I want in a few years.

He's also great with the fans.

Something that just baffles me though is how big he looks given our fitness team. He's big boned, but that doesn't stop him shredding right down into a nimble shape. He's got technique, that's clear to see.

Archived