Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

splinterdream

Member
  • Posts

    6,310
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by splinterdream

  1. Villa are competing for Europe, wasn’t so long ago they were looking at us with envious eyes
  2. I see it as about investing in development, especially at a local level. I’m afraid you must realise the big six is a ceiling clubs like ours will never reach. Even if you get there, you can’t sustain it, that’s why we are where we are. Even if we’d have got top 4, I’d think we’d have struggled. King Power had it right with investing in developing players, they bought the house but fell short with coaching staff by sounds of it.
  3. The EFL ref said ‘we think you might be high sticking, and we’d like you to show us you’re either not high sticking, or plan to put the high sticking incident right’ LCFC said ‘ you have no right in questioning us at this point, ask us again in June’ Ref said ‘fair enough,
  4. From how I understand it, Man City starting becoming a behmouth before ffp, but when introduced, carried out alleged dodgy sponcership deals and has supposedly breached (the outcome we await), and as for Chelsea, they’ve been developing and selling players for ages but also giving players 8 years contracts so spreading the finances in some way, I’m not sure if this loophole has been closed now. FFP is a mess but the principle is a good one imo.
  5. Look at it this way, FFP does go some way at stopping teams like Newcastle buying everybody and walking the league, and unfortunately for us other championship teams have seen us in that light, because that’s where we are, so we have to comply or face the consequences. if you were a rival, you’d ask why we have 4 strikers and why we have 4 PL defenders on our books, was Coady really necessary?
  6. Maybe they were just trying to give enzo what he asked for, he wanted piroe didn’t he, and maybe cannon was the next best thing. They also probably expected either Daka or Nacho to leave
  7. Getting relegated does that anyway. According to what I heard, we did well with the Barnes and Maddison deals. Perhaps a £25m sale of KDH puts us with limits
  8. No one more angry about 22/23 than me, which is why I wasn’t holding Rodger’s solely responsible for our demise
  9. I get it, obviously KDH is our best asset, we don’t know to what level if any we’d breach. It does seem daft that if you’re relegated with a huge wage bill, and you can’t shift your players, you’re punished. Madders, Castagne and Barnes must have brought us close to complying though I’d imagine
  10. Trying to compete with the top 6 is why we are where we are. You can’t blame the club for being ambitious, the misjudgement is lack of foresight. In reality this season they’ve played a blinder, they’ve given us the best opportunity of getting ourselves out of this, hopefully if we don’t get promoted, sales of KDH, Daka will see us comply, but we’ll have to realise we’ll be looking at a long term plan to get promoted again.
  11. Can somebody tell me what we were singing at the end of the bournemouth game that abdul was dancing too please Sounds like it begins with Enzo ball.
  12. Overlapping full back or wing backs?
  13. I might be wrong but if a team brings on 3/4 fresh outfield players, you gotta think theres not many teams that can continue to maintain the same concentration levels they had at minute 1, irrelevent of how fit they are. If we are 1 nil up and up against it and the opposition makes large number of changes, you have to match them surely. How you match them is up to whether you think tou need another goal, or can defend like QPR.
  14. Hate to be negative but we did oue best to mess that up and i can only blame enzo.with his in game decisions again. Why not bring albrighton, marcel and daka on at 70, we were losing the midfield after they brought on fresh players
  15. If we have broken ffp this season, it seems nonsensical we backed out of the £500k sensi deal, it’s also got to be annoying for other championship clubs if we get punished next season following promotion. i think rules and punishments of ffp need ironing out, clubs and fans need to know when clubs are to be investigated, and if guilty, punished. Of course making things fair is a good thing, but seems we’d have been better off breaking ffp last season which would have without a doubt kept us up.
  16. Yeah, I can only think Boro, Qpr and Cov, where afterwards I thought yes we were soundly beaten, QPR we were badly missing Ricardo and vestegaard, Enzo got it wrong with Nelson and playing Kdh on the right, I don't think he'll make that mistake again, as for cov, Enzo poor in game management again, o think hes learning with that and with Boro, Carrick just out managed Enzo, but we were still missing Ndidi at that point, he could be the difference.
  17. We'd have to build a team of young promising players including some of our academy I guess, plus loan signings. I think.wed still attract good.quality players but our squad wouldn't be half as good as this season. I can't see it happening though, even if we dropped to playoffs, with our full squad fit I'm confident we'd beat any team in this league
  18. Could it be we'll regret not spending the £500k on sensi
  19. Nachos either like a false 9 or 10 when playing as a second striker. We needed to play more through the middle, he woukd have been a better sub than cannon, and I really like cannon
  20. Perhaps it would have been better to have just brought Albrighton and Souttar on and pushed souttar up when in possession as a target. I wish Enzo wouldn't be so stubborn
  21. We just didn't create anything today, the game probably would have suited iheanacho out of all the strikers. Our persistence with the ball put to the flanks was generating nothing, we needed something else.
  22. I thought It was odd playing him right 8 when he's used to left 8, just didn't seem to connect on that side, same for akgun.
  23. We’re the greatest claim to being cheated but still have to say it seems entirely the fault of the PL. seems stupid to have rules without any clear punishment and when that’d be implemented, so all clubs know where they stand.
  24. Yes, if we could get him for £5m for rotation he'd be excellent
×
×
  • Create New...