-
Posts
549 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by Lee Sweatshirt
-
Your story sounds very similar to mine, though I'm in automotive - so an industry where the writing has been on the wall for some time in this country. I've also been made redundant a couple of times, most recently last year and whilst I've had a few interviews which would have seen me move into a different industry, nothing has turned up yet. Ironically, the only roles I have been offered were ones in automotive - the same industry I know I need to get out of! But of course, there are bills to pay etc. so that sensible part of your brain kicks in when you're offered something. I feel your pain with the re-writing of CVs and hoping someone will see the skills you have and how transferable they are, and take a punt. And with the savings dwindling. I'm already feeling it, despite being in an okay position, financially. As you say, something will turn up for us both but sometimes it's hard to maintain that sort of mindset when you're in the middle of feeling really, really shite! Hang in there mate. Less than a year,, so really they'd have been well within their rights to just sack me off, which they haven't and initially at least, they were supportive. It also doesn't help that JLR have/are making redundancies, and whilst I don't work for them directly, the place I do does, so that likely has an impact on opportunities and why they are saying there's nothing to go back to, as yet. I dunno. It just feels really bleak. I keep thinking I'd love to work for myself, find something I'm passionate about but really go for it, but I don't really know where to start. Or even to transition into something completely different, where to start or what to do - and also with AI becoming more and more prevalent, what kind of work has both a long term future and be something I'd want to do?!
-
Leicester City For Sale (Ongoing Thread)
Lee Sweatshirt replied to AKCJ's topic in Leicester City Forum
If only we could just fast forward time to when that clown Top has finally sold up! -
Stevenage 2-1 LCFC, FT thread
Lee Sweatshirt replied to Phil Mitchell's topic in Leicester City Forum
I just don't care anymore. I see the result and feel nothing. -
I'm having a bit of a wobble again. I mean, I've been wobbling since being signed off work in June - and I'm still signed off, though not by choice since around August, when I felt ready to return. The job I had was backfilled almost immediately after I went on sick leave, and it appears there are no other roles available for me to return to, so I'm in limbo, on SSP and just treading water. My employer, whilst seeming quite supportive initially, now doesn't really appear to be doing much to try to help me to return. So yeah, I feel like I'm in limbo. Anyway, knowing this was likely, I'd applied and interviewed for another role and, despite interviewing well (or so I thought), I heard yesterday I was unsuccessful, so that was a bit of a kick in the teeth. It'll pass I know, but man things just feel a bit bleak right now. I mean in the world as a whole, as well as my own situation. In one way, it almost feels liberating - like, I could find another job, maybe do something different. On the other hand, the job market seems pretty terrible, and I'm not really overly skilled - I sort of fell into what I've been doing, and I'm concerned about when/what I'll be able to get next (if I don't return in some capacity with my current employer, which at this point seems highly likely). I also don't really know what I'd like to do, so I can't even figure out if I'd like to use the time I've got now to up skill or learn something new. Just feel a massive lack of purpose really, and hugely anxious about what the future might hold. As I say, I know it'll pass - but writing this down somewhere is helpful. Hang in there everyone!
-
The GOAT is back, baby! Go on Max!
-
Yep, what are they waiting for now? Get the race started!
-
Snoozefest, this
-
Fulham UNDER 21s (H) - Match Thread
Lee Sweatshirt replied to moore_94's topic in Leicester City Forum
-
Leicestershire County Cricket Club
Lee Sweatshirt replied to Sods's topic in General Football and Sport
Next top scorer after Kelly was 16. Shockingly bad. -
Leicestershire County Cricket Club
Lee Sweatshirt replied to Sods's topic in General Football and Sport
Lucky ****s! -
Leicestershire County Cricket Club
Lee Sweatshirt replied to Sods's topic in General Football and Sport
Just got to try and take this as deep as possible now, still plenty of overs left! -
Leicestershire County Cricket Club
Lee Sweatshirt replied to Sods's topic in General Football and Sport
Braindead shot, yet again. FFS! -
Leicestershire County Cricket Club
Lee Sweatshirt replied to Sods's topic in General Football and Sport
Damn, no need for that from Holland. -
Don't think that's a red, but will take it!
-
Hmm. Backup to McCarthy? Seems a strange sort of signing - is there nobody available on a free that's better than McCarthy?
-
I agree fellas, actually nice to see us doing stuff like this in my opinion - needs must! Saw Jason Bourne had shared the article, so thought I'd share it here.
-
https://talksport.com/football/4581962/transfer-news-barcelona-kane-haaland-alvarez-contract-target/
-
Premier League 2026/2027 Season
Lee Sweatshirt replied to StanSP's topic in General Football and Sport
-
Leicester City For Sale (Ongoing Thread)
Lee Sweatshirt replied to AKCJ's topic in Leicester City Forum
As someone who may or may not have worked for a rather well known Indian owned business in the West Midlands, I can’t say I’d be overly enthused if they were successful in their bid... -
Kimi is the real deal - huge that for him, what a drive!
-
Exactly, which makes his comments all the more infuriating because it will probably affect the confidence of those kids who've been our best players, far above Martin's "mates" that he's bought in. Take some accountability, or at least be big enough to shield those younger players from any criticism, don't throw them under the bus. Get him gone!
-
Even if the "we were too naive and inexperienced" comments were true, YOU selected the team. No accountability. Has to go. This absolute turd is way out of his depth.
-
I bet he couldn't believe it when Top and Rudkin called him YET AGAIN earlier this summer and pleaded with him to come and that he'd get paid handsomely. Martin is shite but oh my god, Top and Rudkin, hang your heads in shame. The wrong appointment, absolutely the opposite to what we needed but thought they knew better than 99.9% of the fan base. **** off Top. **** off Rudkin. **** off Martin.
-
Jesus Christ. We plummet to further depths. Terrible.
-
Love seeing someone unexpected on pole! Go on Gasly! (And anyone but Russell )
