Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Dahnsouff

Forum Supporter
  • Posts

    25,802
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    8

Everything posted by Dahnsouff

  1. Good points, this season is certainly a mess. Would we have gone for Cooper without the points deduction, without the likelihood of more action? No idea, would like to think we would have looked to be more progressive, but hard to say. Change now? Do not see the point as we are underway, and players if not fans seem to be on board, so unless we fail to gain points over the next 5-10 games, he gets a stay of execution for me.
  2. Old bugger alert
  3. These the only reasons you can come up with? (Edit: iPad fail, early post) Seems weird, but maybe he is too fragile? Has a knock? I fail to understand what possible reason Cooper would have for not playing him if he were fit, was currently capable to play at the required level, etc. I realise people love a conspiracy, but why undermine yourself? He is only damaging his own reputation.
  4. This season is about survival, nothing else and if he helps us survive, just like when Enzo got us promoted yet left, I would wish him well and then hope the club see’s sense and opts for a change to progress the club with a manager more suitable for building a team (club even). This season is not about style or principles, it’s about getting it done.
  5. You are correct, I was culpable of what I protested against, but at the same time there is very little balance in this echo room, so I was merely seeking to suggest an outcome not dissimilar could have occurred whatever sub was made. Of course, Coady was brought on and we did indeed cede the momentum even more, but the point was that an alternative may not have helped, we could even have lost in another scenario.
  6. Take villa out? Why?
  7. I am sorry, but who thought Brexit was supposed to punish the elites?
  8. You can say that it was Cooper’s fault that subbing on Coady led to the penalty, but it could just as easily seen us swamped in defence if we had brought on one of the two attacking midfielders, or anyone else for that matter. Too much rewriting of events to fit a narrative. The major benefit to Cooper thus far that I can see, is a ‘in the fight’ mentality within the team, something that was always going to be critical this year. Not being a contrarian (as I am forever accused of) but can see reasons for hope so retain optimism. However, his real work starts now, with these next run of games. We have to start picking up points.
  9. Decent game, Birmingham bossing it to be fair.
  10. I say we had a garden office, its the wife's, I am in the box room at the front of the house! Climate is good as it has a electric panel heater, electrics so internet via Power Line and sofa, projector and all that for the weekend. its 10x8, as stated SIPs and it cost a bit more than £20k but well worth it we reckon, especially now the teenager can disappear with his mates into over the weekend.
  11. Yeah, we had it done (I am a useless tart at such things) and they came measured up, gave us the options for foundations (we originally planned to have on the old concrete bed of an old garage, but they suggested it might be better in a different location, and they bang on) and we had ground screws, which are fascinating things to be honest They were so lovely, they came back and put in some ground screws for free* for the base of my new shed. * I say free, but the main guy doing the work said “He (the owner of the firm) will do it for nowt, well he bloody well should with what you are paying” and he did so no complaints.
  12. We had a SIPs garden office added this year and we are very happy with it, but it was not cheap and as @kenny said it is quick, they knocked it up in a couple of weeks.
  13. Personally do not think that matters for a club outside the top 6/7, especially after a relegation as in that scenario you are only as good as your last season, but I get that we all see things differently though.
  14. Why do you think this? Don`t all fans think their own club is better?
  15. Like @hebangsthedrums said, stick a URL link to gmail on the desktop/home screen for all devices, remove the app (its pish). Then the UI is always the same, no syncing problems
  16. Are you suggesting it was not Coadys fault?
  17. And it nearly worked until an individual mistake, so sorry but I am not sure what point you feel like you are making.
  18. Some save from Pope
  19. Think plenty were bored with Maresca’s patient football and wanted a return to a fiercer/higher tempo football. And to be fair to Cooper, the players seem to put it on the line for him, so there is hope, assuming he is braver at some point. But suspect the change is not as seismic as some hoped, as you have pointed out; he is risk anverse away from home.
  20. Keep your powder dry comes to mind….
  21. We have ethics training every year, and it in part specifically focuses around gifts and what is permissible to ensure corruption of competitive practices are not caused. In the political sphere I would say any gift could be regarded as an intent to curry favour, so they should all be refused.
  22. Yes it is, we do not look ready to win the games we have played thus far. However, the next 5 will be the real barometer of Cooper as a manager for us this season, as losing to those teams likely to be around us come the end of the season could be disastrous. I would take a slight issue with the individual brilliance argument as I tend to think we are quite collectively assured in defence, despite some of the results. Our pressing has largely been a positive of this season so far.
  23. But they did not take them, we had chances yesterday to score 2 more, but we fluffed it. Not sure potential can be counted as all teams have them to varying degrees.
×
×
  • Create New...