Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Iwebema

Member
  • Posts

    1,145
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Iwebema

  1. A challenge I would offer regarding all the plane business, summarising a bit here but you say in your video that Rudkin shouldn't have a job but it's up to Top to decide. The problem is they are in too deep together so no fair process on job evaluation can happen and whilst I do agree that ideally fan consultations/fan groups are the best route, the foxes trust has not held the board to account and the board have time and again shown they don't engage or listen. As a fan how are you supposed to show your dissatisfaction with all the things you raised when the ones in question do not engage with you on any level? At best you get Whelan in a private redacted meeting and that's it. I didn't donate to the plane but I understand why people felt the need to do it.
  2. This is a big reason why I wouldn't get my hopes up for any change. His footballing knowledge extends from Rudkin to anything on the Premier League years. He won't have the first clue on who is out there to replace Rudkin.
  3. Definitely been told not to by the club if they don't bring it up, it's on every media outlet going.
  4. They are still on to "Do a Leicester" like their fans and the media were desperate for pre Christmas. Not that they care about us...👀
  5. Whilst I did find the clapping of Harvey's goal against us very odd...I have alot of time for him, I constantly find myself wanting him to do well, unlike some of tossers that have left us, I wish him nothing but the best.
  6. This got me aswell, I'd have to go back and re listen, but I don't really want to haha.... I could of sworn he said Rudkin employs great people around him, like its his super power and then when questioned about the disaster he then blamed departments that Rudkin would of had a hand in recruiting. Very bizarre. Anyway I'm glad most people saw it as I did and cut right through the nonsense, my face was constantly bemused throughout most of it, not just because he held the opposite view, which is important to listen to, but he couldn't back it up with anything other than things used to be good and essentially said we should just ignore the long list of transgressions. If there's one bit of potentially valuable insight from it, we can be pretty confident that is the view the current board hold and are still likely holding... sat in meetings together baffled at why people don't like them.
  7. Goes along with what I have been told that RVN has tried to get out but we haven't accepted a settlement. I assumed it was money related, but if that's true then it's just Top doubling down on his poor appointment because he stepped in and hand picked this one and won't accept reality. Which given the delusion at board level would fit well.
  8. Youth - I took it as, yes they are talented, they aren't at premier league levels, which I think arguably is fair, but we aren't asking them to keep us up, we are trying to "bed them in" as he says. My takeaway was players like alves/nelson yes bring them in. The likes of evans and aluko it's going to be a huge jump to just throw them in day 1 in the championship, just be careful you don't break them. Monga I think is a possible unicorn here. Id also say hes not been here for 2 years so I don't think hes as close to the current levels. So he's just cautioning not to break them. He did also say Kasey Mcateer is 6ft4? Not sure if he just got confused with him and Ben Nelsen. Rudkin - The cynic in me would suggest he's probably close to him and given the business he's working in, it would make sense he's giving him a glowing reference. I don't think, and I may be wrong, people have suggested Rudkin doesn't work hard, it's been quite well reported that he does too much, and is reluctant to relinquish power and get help to his own detriment. I'm also led to believe the players and agents like him, but why would you not when he's been signing off the big contracts left and right? Again important to remember he also left in 2022, and I'd say the last 3 years have really put a spotlight on the ownership/board. A red flag for me was his "Little old leicester" reference, get back in your box and don't you dare question anyone. Which is where my cynicism on his views here come from, it seems like he conveniently missed out the worst relegation in history. It was the successful period and then just instantly into this season, didn't really delve into the decline. My overall opinion was it's just a guy (excuse the pun) starting out in the football agent world and he's trying not to burn bridges. The only thing I took of note were his comments on youth and being careful not to break them. Otherwise I don't think he really got into the mess that we are in, was very much when I was there it was good times, so don't criticise now and remember you are little old leicester. Appreciate him coming on and you getting him on though always interested to hear balance even if I'm being a cynical nob ha.
  9. Agree with alot of what's been said. Played the right formation and players, before RVN went three at the back we were playing this formation but with Ayew and BDCR on the wings and Vardy up top, which is why it didn't work, the formation and system is built for pace, it's actually quite insane that Ruud couldn't see it and his answer was to just play a back 8 and go on the run we did. Which is why he still has to go. I also think some of the pressure is lifted now that everyone's accepted relegation, just go out there and play. It wasn't perfect, first half was a bit Cooper, clinging on. We definitely defended with a bit more effort without Faes, who shouldn't play for the club again imo, for Okolis limitations as a player he was trying which is all we can ask, even the podcaster was without being next to someone half arsing it. Id bring skipp in for soumare rest of the season aswell, as like it or not he's going to be a big part of the midfield next season so we need to transition away from some of the wasters who definitely can't be arsed any more. Ruud still has to go, and I'm sure he's still desperate to aswell, I'm just glad we managed to show a bit of grit and fight which can give us a bit of optimism for next season regardless of all the major things that really need changing.
  10. Oh FFS I've watched that and I think hes much less of a douche bag than I did before. Annoying. No idea if Lineaker still has contact here or any influence what so ever, but you can see him recommending him to Top after that.
  11. Hes very media savvy and well trained, I imagine it will be a bit of a non event of a conference. Hopefully someone does try and force the issue and asks him directly we know you've asked for a settlement to leave and it's sat with the owner. If I can spin a positive from all of this, alot of outsiders to Leicester, who couldn't really understand why a group of fans want the owners out or didn't know who Rudkin was until recently are realising what we are on about, set aside the long list of historical issues, this one is playing out in front of everyone and they are all staggered at what's going on here.
  12. Has to be Ruud, we can just sack him after we lose the first 10. Can't see us ever binning Rudkin so I'll take any opportunity to do it.
  13. It's all about the way you operate and the standards you set. If at the top it's acceptable to just do the bare minimum and half arse everything it leaks into every aspect of the club and we have seen that play out over the last few years. There is a huge culture of "yeah that's good enough" going on with us at the moment... Weird analogy but my daughter wrote a birthday card for someone the other day and crossed out the receipents name 5 times before getting it right...I said to her you can't send that it's a mess and her response was "but I wrote the card? It's done?" You can see where I'm going with this....ha And I think this is where my bigger worry lies, we are talking about the next manager essentially needing to be the one who fixes everything and change how we operate as a football club, which arguably shouldn't be their main role, we have so much wrong and such little accountability it's hard to see any manager coming in and having the ability to make the changes we need they will be adopting a bit of a shit show. That said if Pearson can do it, it means it can be done, I think Enzo was on the way to doing it, regardless of what you think about his football, he was demanding more. Imo we need an up and coming passionate football obsessive manager, it's going to take one hell of a personality to turn this all around. What we can't have is a meek, manage by numbers yes man who is just greatful to be employed.....that is assuming we don't make any changes to the club structure.
  14. This is spot on, and imo a key reason we are in the mess we are in. I know its been said before, but we have scattergunned our approach to recruitment for years, either relied on pure data or an agent to sell us a player, extremely similar to Man United just on a smaller scale budget wise. And this is why teams like Brentford and Brighton have completely surpassed us. As an example I'm sure it was Brentford who go and interview players first get a feel for who they are, speak to their family, do background checks etc, it's not just pure footballing ability they are interested in. We of all teams should understand this, 2016 wasn't won on pure footballing ability it was won on culture and togetherness. But culture always starts at the top and with an owner who, whilst I know we could do worse, doesn't really have much interest and people like Rudkin who have been over promoted beyond all recognition, it sets the tone for everyone else.
  15. I agree, he was a poor manager and the wrong appointment. This was more a focus on the delusion at board level, to expect a comfortable mid table finish, despite the poor transfers and the bizarre managerial appointments. I think the only sympathy people are highlighting is at least he had realistic expectations for the capability of this group. Even though he had a role in assembling it. That said, you only have to look at the turn around Everton and Wolves had with a competent manager to know relegation, even with this group was not a foregone conclusion. The board just got it all totally wrong again.
  16. Yeah sorry that's an important point I missed off at the start, it was just stay up with all the points deductions looming 👍 I meant by the end of his tenure the expectations were comfortable mid table finish which is why he was removed quickly. Also think this mid table narrative was fuelled by some senior players with a direct line to Rudkin/Top.
  17. I'm not the most well connected and wouldn't say I'm completely "in the know" but I have friends and family in the game and they repeatedly told me this at the start of the season. When cooper got sacked, they have very good connections with forest and they said he was told the expectation is 10-12th and then push for Europe the following season. The delusion at the top is off the scale.
  18. Agree with your whole post, on this bit specifically, I think it will just take time. We won the championship last season, so success in the minds of the people you mention was only a year ago. A mid table (or worse) championship season will turn the tables I think. I'd mentioned before and it complements your view, a large portion of the fan base need to be spoon fed everything, they need the sports media to tell them how to feel, this is the first year where the ownership and Rudkin etc. have had criticism from the media rather than just fans, they will come on board soon enough..unfortunately it might be too late by then
  19. I agree, I wouldn't want a new permanent manager until the summer, just a caretaker to try and get some order and standards in place. Send anyone not wanting to be here next season on holiday early, just start the clear out now.
  20. Agreed, I am fairly sure he's been asking for a settlement for a while now, I would be highly surprised if he just out right quit. Id imagine he's going to try and negotiate leaving again today. Given the empty seats and the embarrassing mess the rest of the footballing world witnessed last night, we might finally agree to it, I won't hold my breath but someone must be saying we need to get this culture and rot on the turn before the season ends, you can't play out the last 7 games like that without it rolling into next season.
  21. His post match interview couldn't be more "I don't give a shit" if you tried. Smiling the whole way through.
  22. His standard run on the pitch at the end, congratulate the opposition players and back down the tunnel. This is as bad as it gets, surely someone has to understand football on some level to realise this is the kind form and culture that is going to leak in to next season. Then again I'm not even sure if the board know we've lost
  23. The club doesn't care. It's completely absent of anyone trying and it filters through to every aspect. We are absolutely desperate for "football people" in and around the board. Blind leading the blind.
  24. I think he knows he's close to the sack and his ego wants to make sure he gave him his debut. Will probably go around telling people how he discovered him.
  25. Fans have turned on Ange, and he's cracking under the pressure. I know they've had injuries etc. but they've been so bad for months, they are genuinely lucky the 3 promoted sides are so bad, they would be right in the relegation mix if any of the 3 were competitive
×
×
  • Create New...