-
Posts
2,206 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
2
Everything posted by CornwallFox
-
Will go to Plymouth. Bit annoyed Exeter got relegated.
-
Absolutely agree regarding it being difficult to judge a lad who is so young. But I'm not sure what evidence there is for him being the most technically proficiant at the club beyond how much he's been talked about. Will be interesting to see what he does make of himself.
-
Let's be honest they'll pick the worst possible option so the longer they don't decide we can at least pretend it might not be
-
Much easier to deny something if you remove anything that can provide evidence that you're lying Trump Administration to Dismantle Ocean Monitoring System - The New York Times https://share.google/Pyjwgc2wpwvPlqFK8
-
I'm in my mid forties now but back in sixth form I started a rumour that a kinda foxy milf teacher was in a porn magazine with a cricket wicket. In my early twenties working in a Leicestershire pub after uni the same story was being told by a later generation of student from the same school. I have no idea how long that rumour continued for 🤣
-
Usually the Americans offer global leadership is my point
-
Fairly clear there needs to be some form of globally agreed structures/laws to govern ai. Also fairly clear there's no chance, particularly with trump in the white house.
-
Tbh I couldn't care less either way about the match and result but it is a bit weird to say PSG relied on a penalty to equalise. They had a good move going and were fouled in the area. A penalty and the resulting goal are their fair reward for that. It's worth no less than an open play goal. I find this modern obsession with penalties somehow being worth less very bizarre.
-
I think it's hard to know. I think he had zero trust in any of our other forwards and ended up feeling like he had to do it on his own. Possibly coupled with buying into his own hype. On his day with better players around him he could be a real weapon as part of a decent strikeforce. But, yeah, last season he tried too much, too often, and we incredibly frustrating as a result.
-
I live in the middle of Cornwall currently, absolute middle of nowhere, and at night when I let the dog out you'd think I'd be inundated with flying insects. But it's been really noticeable/surprising that we aren't. We do get them, obviously, and a much weirder selection of insects than I've ever seen in Leicester, but no many.
-
I think we should all agree to never mention him again so this thread doesn't rise to the top any more and we can begin the healing process, trying to forget.
-
He's just not his dad. That's his crime. That and not recognising it perhaps. I don't think it's intentional, I think he's trying, I just don't think he's a good businessman or football leader. The same reason king power brought in a real leader and pushed him into a ceremonial role.
-
Blimey muzzy, you seem to have the reaction time of Danny Ward!
-
Sporting green which became the sporting blue to follow city's colours
-
I see what you mean but I kinda feel that we bought a mid thirties ayew whose legs had long gone and who was basically good at holding up the ball and winning free kicks. We then stuck him up front on his own and expected him to keep up. Daka was bought as a young guy with a supposed exceptional goal record but who turned out to be unable to trap a bag of wet sand.
-
How noisy in the one you've got? I bought a portable air con unit when we had that 40° spell but it's really, really noisy!
-
Has there been any movement or progress on building British homes that might act more like Mediterranean homes in summer temps? Seems that's what's going to be needed.
-
Was properly uncomfortable heading out late morning. Obviously lucky to have the sea nearby which was a lifesaver. Currently back at home waiting for temps to drop before taking the dog to the beach later on. It's a hard life here in Cornwall 😜
-
This is going to be such an awful season If we go manage to sell all the players we've got, I have zero faith in our recruitment to bring in players to get us back up
-
Worst ever player in city history.
-
The garden is a fair bit smaller than yours, maybe that one standalone lawn you've got, but then I'll be 3 minutes from the seaside so it seems rather less important than up in Leicester! The current owners bought the house from new and I suspect probably immediately covered it in the worst fake grass I've ever seen. So it'll be a case of pulling up the fake stuff and any membranes etc and then try to rotavate whatever is underneath and hope there's not too much builder's rubble 😬 As there's currently no plants etc hard to know what will need to come out to think about a skip bag or something. I expect to be putting down a layer of top soil maybe with some sand but not sure if I'll be able to get away with just adding it into/onto the existing surface until I see it. We've got a small dog so want to get it done super quickly so it's got somewhere to lie around a poop beyond what is basically an outdoor carpet currently!
-
More performative nonsense BBC News - Reform council to recite Lord's Prayer at meetings https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cm2p4g86x0vo
