Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

CornwallFox

Member
  • Posts

    2,206
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    2

Everything posted by CornwallFox

  1. I was thinking this. £116m for Anderson. £117m for Rodgers. World's gone mad.
  2. To think some on here were moaning he wasn't good enough or not trying. He was the one person who never messed about. Was just surrounded by a failing team. Class act.
  3. This is simply not true. The government issues money as we have our own fiat currency, it doesn't need people to give it money. Your taxes don't go into a secret account which is used to spend. It simply vanishes from existence. https://www.taxresearch.org.uk/Blog/2025/08/09/why-it-matters-that-government-spending-comes-before-tax/#gsc.tab=0 This also answers your question @adejo92
  4. Taxation doesn't pay for government spending. It simply offsets it. A technical point maybe but one I think is important. Tbh I don't think I should get into this subject particularly as I can't post in the news thread and assume the mods don't really want me getting political here which is what would happen. Ignore the first part of what I wrote and just focus on the second. Benefits, pensions, public sector pay, all the things some complain about are all good for liquidity in the real economy, all good for local businesses, all good for ordinary people now widely than the initial recipients. My general point is that we are all joined in the economy no matter where we are below the ultra rich, by wanting to cut that sort of spending we're actually hurting ourselves.
  5. I think people get riled up by what other people are getting (whether it be mobility cars, benefits, teacher's holidays, public sector pensions etc) because they're told that it comes out of their taxes, c which isn't exactly true or how taxation works. All of the above things are good for the real economy and are beneficial to local businesses, employment etc.
  6. I'll be waiting until the end of the season for all the kits when they hit £20 a pop
  7. Yeah cheers fella, I've done that, just don't recall it being a question of registering interest in a membership before. Sure I've just bought a membership in previous seasons?
  8. I even like this training top. How are we having our best ever kit year while being at our joint lowest ever ebb?! Edit: I realise many will hate this one 😅
  9. It's certainly not highly localised to Britain like it was then The temperatures being seen in Europe now are awful
  10. Yeah but 1976 blah blah blah
  11. What's the deal with signing up to hear about memberships? Don't they usually just offer them before now? I've had one for years and want to keep building the points in case I'm ever in a position where a session ticket is realistic (ie I move away from here one day)
  12. Id keep faes out of the two
  13. One thing has changed. The camel racing game in the main arcade has gone. That was literally the best thing about Skegness. Other than that it's the usual absolute dive.
  14. We're selling a lot of the players that brought us here, it's a chance to start afresh, possession football is not too blame for our current position. Plus, why go into the new regime negatively. If we produce poor performances and results then absolutely register your disappointment. But to begin moaning? This country is full of people that just like complaining tbh
  15. I disagree. I think he's a good player. He may or may not be a problem as a person. Leicester fans clearly think he is. Russell Martin has seen no evidence of this and has praised his professionalism, noting his work with youngsters. That paints a very different picture to what the fans claim about him. I'm inclined to trust those that actually know the man.
  16. This sort of comment is some of the biggest nonsense I've ever read on here. We won the league with 97 points and something like +48 goal difference. The fact the end of the season wasn't as good as the start is irrelevant, very few teams win all season. We have a generation of football fan that thinks the man city 100 points season was normal. Teams lose. Man Utd were winning leagues under Ferguson with points totals as low as 75 points. Maresca took a team that was relegated embarrassing from the premier League, instantly turned them into a winning machine, and duly won the league. He's since gone on to manage Chelsea and now Man City. It's utterly weird to focus on one part of a season and ignore the rest.
  17. A mystery how he ever played for the first team but good luck to him when he signs elsewhere
  18. I think if you spend that on them you kinda have to - what else will they go with
  19. Saw this pic online and it looks a bit better here Edit: other than the sponsor
  20. Does nobody in the club have eyes? The gold is hideous. Just needed white lines on a plain maroon background. Ty he mock up somebody did on here was amazing. I would have definitely bought it. The real thing is tragic. I definitely won't buy it.
  21. Ok let's see. He always had a bit of an all round game so even at what isn't a ridiculous age babe he can be useful. I'll hold fire and give him a chance
  22. This will be the shirt I buy in this season's end of season sale
  23. Until not that long ago I still lived just outside Leicester in Birstall. I've thought for about 40 years that the city needs knocking down and rebuilding and over the last 10-15 years that's actually been happening. Jubilee Square, highcross, market place, cathedral quarter all huge improvements. No idea why everybody moans so much about Soulsby other than were a city of moaners. I also question how many of those that are unhappy actually live within the city limits.
×
×
  • Create New...