-
Posts
2,207 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
2
Everything posted by CornwallFox
-
I'm doubtful that's due to Monga TBF
-
As are the people on social media trying to claim he's playing '3D Chess' with NATO
-
You monster!
-
We're 40-70 years ahead of the worst climate models.
-
It's a delay while council borders get sorted. I can guarantee if they went ahead with the elections at the outset, then changed borders, the same papers, commentators and argument parrots shouting now would have been shouting about wasted funds.
-
There are aspects of faragism and trumpism that do border on fascism, or at least the rhetoric is there. Not all of it, not everybody on the right, but specific policies and the way the right has attacked the free press and judiciary in particular. "Loony left" gets rolled out for ideas that are bang centre ideas across most of Europe. That's the difference.
-
Also we'd won the championship at a canter. We weren't nailed on for relegation until it became apparent a few games in that we were, in fact, crap.
-
What I'm suggesting would certainly involve short term harm for us as trump would probably be inclined to rachet things up and escalate tariffs etc. I do wonder whether that's needed though. Playing nicely with him and trying to stay as neutral as possible let's him get away with it. If he was genuinely about to leave America friendless in the world the republicans would shit themselves imo.
-
As mighty as the US is, it's actually outgunned in terms of personnel, equipment, aircraft and ships Vs NATO. I don't for one second think anything will happen militarily but maybe allies need to move significant amounts to Greenland, which isn't ideal when Russia in Ukraine but the Russians have half destroyed their own military in the last few years too. Then the EU needs to talk openly about dumping American debt, might focus a few minds. The EU is an economic superpower, they could sink the American economy in minutes. Obviously I'm not suggesting they do, just suggesting they need to convey strength as it's all trump takes notice of. Don't wait, just do it now. The bloke is taking the world for fools and attempting to bully allies. The time to be extremely clear is now.
-
Let him, sod them. He's not getting his way on this whatever, no matter how high the tariffs. If he isn't reined in by Congress or the senate then it's time the UK recognised the US is not a good friend. It's a bully.
-
Wout Faes loaned to Monaco - Official
CornwallFox replied to moore_94's topic in Leicester City Forum
TBF if that is you feel free to pop by Cornwall on your way to France 😅 -
I really want to see our government actually stand up for what is right if they end up having to make a decision. No fence sitting.
-
Accusations created by liars I'm afraid.
-
I would love to respond but there's so much nonsense in one post I don't even know where to start and just don't have the energy for it. It's like reality doesn't exist and is being viewed through a very, very one way tinted glass.
-
No it doesn't make it void. The medal is just a thing. She's still the winner of the peace prize. And no I'm not guessing, the nobel award people have already confirmed that. Imagine what a ***** you'd have to be to accept it though, the bloke is a head case.
-
Honestly this deserves keeping for posterity. The single best explanation/argument/post I've seen on here.
-
What absolute cobblers. The civil service simply follows the laws passed by governments. Do senior civil servants provide advice on legal issues and other considerations, well yes, you need some expertise supporting policy. But the idea the civil service stops things is just really lazy right wing nonsense that I'm amazed anybody doesn't instantly see through.
-
It may well be that absolutely nothing happens but what a world when European forces are sent to a friendly country to ward off American invasion BBC News - European military personnel arrive in Greenland as Trump says US needs island - BBC News https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cd0ydjvxpejo
-
The answer is, of course, the much more democratic system of proportional representation. So everybody's vote gives them a voice. And our representatives have to work more collaboratively if they're going to keep their power.
-
Amusing day for politics. Not sure this helps the Tories or reform. Can't be good for the Tories to have so many high profile defections. Not good for reform to become the Tory party when they claim to represent something different. Good day for labour if anything.
-
Sounds like he'd fit in
-
'I Want People To Be Closer' - Khun Top Speaks
CornwallFox replied to moore_94's topic in Leicester City Forum
They were borrowed so that parachute payments would pay them off weren't they? And TV money in years where we borrowed against the TV money. -
As a leftie, we don't remotely love Islam. We don't have a view on it at all. I couldn't give a toss what religion people are. The point of the left is to let people get on with believing whatever they want, and not trying to create laws that focus on specific groups just because they're different to us. Why would we love Islam? I don't love any religion. I'd suggest there's much more pro-religious rhetoric on the right where we're apparently a Christian country despite churches up and down the country being empty.
