Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

CornwallFox

Member
  • Posts

    2,207
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    2

Everything posted by CornwallFox

  1. A world council would need to be the general assembly, not the security council.
  2. I fear people have grass is greener syndrome tbh
  3. Don't mind this sort of call as LB is an obvious weakness. Don't really know much about where his career has gone post-Spurs to know whether he can realistically still do that job now in the championship though. Do you know more about his recent exploits are are you going off name recognition from his younger days? Leif Davis btw I would love to sign if we went up.
  4. I tend to think of it as people happily coexisting, living and working together, despite potentially having didn't cultures, language and traditions. As a country we probably need to decide what we mean so we know what we're aiming for. Maybe that could be a first step in bringing together the different sides to see if there's a version of integration we can all live with.
  5. Having left wing opinions doesn't mean I exist in a left wing bubble.
  6. Initially GB energy needs to build up it's supply lines by bringing new energy projects online. Once done that will allow sale of energy without going through existing private sector energy companies, where their privatisation contracts allow sale of energy at the price of the most expensive energy in their energy mix (gas). Even if they get 99% of their energy through the cheapest route (wind) they can currently still charge gas prices if any of their energy comes that way. GB energy will get around this which is how cheaper energy prices can reach the masses.
  7. Happy to accept the error. VAR is wrecking football. It's not stone age to want the greatest game ever created to continue being played without five minute breaks for refs to still make mistakes.
  8. Why would you think I'm in a left wing bubble? 85% of British media is right wing. Social media is utterly filled with reform bots and fake accounts. It's kinda hard to avoid right wing talking points. Labour absolutely are economically wedded to similar economics to the Tories when it comes to following neoliberal dogma, yes. The same was true under Blair/Brown but it's pretty easy to see that their spending priorities were different to the Tories. And current labour have brought back sure start, are spending on school dinners, prioritising green energy, making different choices than we've seen from a Tory party that has lurched rightwards in recent years.
  9. Come back to it in 3 years. Anybody can pick holes in a budget. Nobody likes everything in them. But what's important is general principals. So the guiding force behind 14 years of Tories was cutting spending. But public spending underpins the whole economy so we got nothing but stagnation. My hope is labour turn on the taps to try and kick start some growth but I can't see that happening this budget (they need to see the line term results of £100bn in investment and GB energy which was only launched a few months ago).
  10. Not really Manuel 😜 It is true though that the Tories really don't deserve to be treated like they're economically competent.
  11. They're not, but one of them, which wants to spend on public services and public good, has to balance the books to avoid being sneered at. The other party, who historically have run bigger deficits over the last 50 years, are believed to be economically tighter, and are quite happy to keep pushing versions of austerity and his economics, despite the fact austerity leads to stagnation and terrible public services. They can spend what they like in the form of tax cuts and nobody bats an eyelid.
  12. 10 sounds a good deal TBF
  13. Absolutely terrible footballer. How have we ended up with the choice of 3 crap players?
  14. I don't imagine you get invited to many parties
  15. It's a completely different team than we were playing 3/4 games ago. He's got the right defence, right midfield duo, right wingers... It's just number 10 and striker it's hard to get right as we have no good options
  16. Never rated McAteer at all. Fantastic to get such a fee for him. I just had a look on the Ipswich forum and they all think he's crap and we took them to the cleaners. Favourite comment: "he can trap it further than he can kick it".
  17. I think that's how we handle it. Nobody buys a single one ever again.
  18. Paying £1 per poppodum in curry houses is probably the most offensive thing to have ever happened on planet earth.
  19. Last Tory government the only government in history to have disposable income fall from start to end of a parliament. Finances feeling tight? New figures on disposable income help explain why | Money News | Sky News https://share.google/cwJrbVBrUxuGQ8uvR
  20. I am so looking forward to the day - which is possibly just starting to arrive - that 4-4-2 attacking football comes back into fashion!
  21. We've had about five managers in a row where this same thing has been the issue. Other than I suppose the first half of the championship season under Enzo. But since Rodgers' last season, we've been utterly toothless for most of the time, playing different styles with different coaches. I'm not sure it's just down to the manager.
  22. Yeah something is missing. I'm pretty left wing but even I voted for Cameron in 2010. He talked as a centrist and the brown government seemed tired and out of ideas. It's fair to say I've never regretted one of my votes more. Austerity has been the single just damaging policy since mass privatisation of public utilities. It's the single reason for Farage, Brexit and reform imo. But ignoring that bit of politics, on your central point, I'm not sure why it's missing. You may disagree but I think starmar is actually a very decent and honest man who is trying to do what he thinks is right for the country. But he's just not getting it across. The right wing media have been like wolves from the outset and the online bot campaign that is pro reform (we can all have our own guesses as to who is funding it) and it's hard to know if anybody could cut through. I do like streeting though. My GB news obsessed dad seems to quite like Burnham. I think I have concluded that the things that bother left and right - aside from identity politics and immigration - are pretty similar. We all think ordinary people are getting screwed. It's just we have very different answers to how to fix that. Burnham does seem to be able to cut through a little.
  23. I think it's a bit weird. We've been awful. But somehow still 5th. I think it's just a really, really poor division this year. A decent striker and number 10 away from a promotion push. Though at the same time we could easily go on a run of losses if performances don't improve.
  24. I had high hopes for starmar, maybe you're right and he can't overcome this lack of ability to connect. I hope for all our sakes he can though!
×
×
  • Create New...