Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Free Falling Foxes

Claridge & Savage just had a pop at Kermogant on 5live

He was attempting something way beyond his capabilities as a footballer. Hence the anger from the fans that he wasn't taking the situation seriously enough.

He went into that penalty obviously saying to himself, "I will look soooo cool if I can chip this in, and if I miss, who gives a fvck??"

That's a dictionary definition of 'dicking about'.

Except if you watch the videos of him in France that was his standard way of taking a penalty. It was a serious attempt with a shit connection

Except if you watch the videos of him in France that was his standard way of taking a penalty. It was a serious attempt with a shit connection

And we all just take your word for that do we?

Come on, share your Kermo penalty video collection...

Otherwise i'm calling Bullshiiiiiiiiiiiiii....

It depend's what went through Kermogant's head as prepared to take the penalty.

You have to work out the percentages and conclude what's the best chance of scoring.

I liked the Shearer type penalties. Struck with power in the top corner he took the GK out of the equation, GK's just don't save them. However his chances of missing the target are increased but he's confident in his own ability to hit the target.

Then you get the type of penalty that's hit low in the corner without too much pace. Usually taken by a non regular penalty taker in a penalty shoot out. They hit the target 99% of the time but if the GK dives the right way then he's probably about 60% to save it.

If Kermogant spotted the Cardiff GK was always diving and going slightly early then the chip in the middle of the goal is a viable option. You're almost certain to hit the target and by the time it hits the net the GK is six feet away from it. It's a better option than just trying to score on one of the bottom corners but not having the confidence to put your foot through it.

I wouldn't criticise him for his miss if this was his thought process as it's logical. If he was just trying to show off then he deserves all the criticism he gets and was rightly hounded out of the club. Only he will know what went through his mind before he took it though.

Bullshiiiiiiiiiii

Even if this is true and the keeper is diving early, then the option to place the ball solidly in the middle of the goal is a viable one. Not to chip it.

And we all just take your word for that do we?

Come on, share your Kermo penalty video collection...

Otherwise i'm calling Bullshiiiiiiiiiiiiii....

Sorry can we go back to the "beyond his capabilities as of footballer" bit??!

Chipping a penalty is not difficult I can and have done it succesfully on numerous occasions in training.

TBH I've always been slightly perplexed by the view that it is a fantastic bit of tekkers myself. It looks nice but it aint hard.

Sorry can we go back to the "beyond his capabilities as of footballer" bit??!

Chipping a penalty is not difficult I can and have done it succesfully on numerous occasions in training.

TBH I've always been slightly perplexed by the view that it is a fantastic bit of tekkers myself. It looks nice but it aint hard.

:)

I'm sure he was taking it seriously ffs. He tried to score and didn't, that's it. I bet Waghorn was as well but he still missed. It's a damn shame Kermorgant didn't miss his spot kick in a more agreeable fashion, telegraphed effort saved by the keeper, maybe even blaze it over the bar or something, that would have been far more acceptable.

Anyway, it was ridiculous how he was hounded out of the club for simply missing a penalty whereas I had to watch Waghorn for long after that game try and play football at a level that was "way beyond HIS capabilites as a footballer".

lol so true as well. Think we all know who turned out the better player.

People would of been wanking off to him if he'd have scored it. I was obviously pissed at the time about it but it's in the past now. We wasn't good enough to go up anyway.

Imagine us getting a penalty in the last minute against QPR, 0-0, must win to stay up, Nugent steps up and tries it, ****s it up and we go down. I would never forgive him for that shit.

Yeah but if you are techically capable of doing something it is within your capabilities. Chipping a penalty is well within his capabilities as a footballer.

Well the fact that the Cardiff keeper fell over but still saved it would suggest otherwise.

But OK, you’re forcing me to go into the technical minutiae of my answer because of your pedantry.

OK. Chipping a penalty isn’t hard. Stephen Hawking could do that as well as you can. But scoring a goal from a chipped penalty, past a professional keeper, in a mega-important game, is hard.

You could say that heading a ball isn’t difficult, but you wouldn’t try and head a penalty (Or have u tried that in training too? :D)

The point is, it’s harder to score a goal from a chipped penalty than a placed one or a blasted one. Surely you must agree with that?

So the issue with Kermy is that he’s taken the more difficult option. I think that the reason he’s done this is because he was more interested in attaining personal glory by scoring a fancy penalty than he was in making sure the job was done for the team.  This is why some people think he’s a tw*t.

It’s like if you go to the pub and your mate gets the round in, but rather than simply walking back with the drinks, he decides he will deliver them to you on a skateboard to impress some girl he met at the bar. But whilst doing so he falls over, spills the whole lot, smashes all the glasses, and you get thrown out of the pub. He then turns around and says “it was just unlucky. I do that all the time at home.” And do you go “fair enough mate”?? No. You go “Tw*t”.

Anyway, I’m not bothered really. It was five years ago. I’ve moved on.

Well the fact that the Cardiff keeper fell over but still saved it would suggest otherwise.

But OK, you’re forcing me to go into the technical minutiae of my answer because of your pedantry.

OK. Chipping a penalty isn’t hard. Stephen Hawking could do that as well as you can. But scoring a goal from a chipped penalty, past a professional keeper, in a mega-important game, is hard.

You could say that heading a ball isn’t difficult, but you wouldn’t try and head a penalty (Or have u tried that in training too? :D)

The point is, it’s harder to score a goal from a chipped penalty than a placed one or a blasted one. Surely you must agree with that?

So the issue with Kermy is that he’s taken the more difficult option. I think that the reason he’s done this is because he was more interested in attaining personal glory by scoring a fancy penalty than he was in making sure the job was done for the team.  This is why some people think he’s a tw*t.

It’s like if you go to the pub and your mate gets the round in, but rather than simply walking back with the drinks, he decides he will deliver them to you on a skateboard to impress some girl he met at the bar. But whilst doing so he falls over, spills the whole lot, smashes all the glasses, and you get thrown out of the pub. He then turns around and says “it was just unlucky. I do that all the time at home.” And do you go “fair enough mate”?? No. You go “Tw*t”.

Anyway, I’m not bothered really. It was five years ago. I’ve moved on.

lol that is quite amusing.

Back on subject I think he's scored plenty of chipped penalties?  Probably not in play off finals but it is certainly within his capabilties. He bottled it, It's risk reward chipped pens, as I've said previously, I've not seen many saved at all, ones where proper contact was made anyway.

Archived