Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jimmy7587

Any Cambridge based Leicester fans?

Hello,

I've moved to St Ives near Cambridge and wondered if there was any fellow Leicester fans in the area and whether there was any gatherings at any specific pubs for the games. Been here a year or so and only seen a handful of fans! I had a membership last season and considering doing the same next term, so happy doing any car sharing for likewise people...

• 3 weeks later...

Nice one. Thanks for the responses. I shall check out the Avery (or whatever it may be called now).

Gissa shout if you go to watch a match there or just fancy a pint in one of the many good Cambridge pubs.

• 1 year later...

I was about to post a similar thread for Cambridge and Fenland based foxes.

Think we have CambridgeFox, Carl and me in Cambridge, plus foxfanzer nearby if I remember correctly? Anybody fancy a pint and a match some time?

In answer to your question, I used to go to the Avery in Cambridge for games, not the greatest pub but big screens and decent selection of ale. Or the Baron of Beef, in a nice spot in the centre and usually shows matches. There used to be an Everards pub near Magdalen bridge but seemed to have turned into a poncy wine bar last time I passed. Also Isaac Newton near the castle shows games if I remember.

I'm originally from Linton, after 25 years in Leicester currently in Haverhill, I know, want to be in Linton but house prices eh, often in Cambridge for shopping, gigs, transport links etc probably safer than going to Haverhill pubs which have loads of Spurs / Chelsea / Arsenal / West Ham fans.

Archived