Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleckneymike

Kante's stats for today

How is he at playing a more disciplined role? You can't really have a ball winner chasing everything in a 2-man midfield, it will leave you too exposed. It's more ideal alongside a holding midfielder in a 4-2-3-1 that you see a lot these days.

Not even with a defend duty.

Could be argued thats how we could set up, with okakazi in the middle of the front 3. Okakazi is basically playing more of a CAM role than a striker anyway.

Fair enough, didn't see the game.

People mention Makelele but he wasn't really a harrier, he was very disciplined and sat just in front of the back 4, often in between the 2 centre backs.

Not even with a defend duty.

Exactly :P

It's criminal that he isn't playing centre midfield in this side. He would absolutely boss the **** if he was given the opportunity. The quicker we can get the Kante/Inler partnership going the better.

Whilst I completely agree with you, I wonder if the logic was anything to do with protecting schlupp. He's a great winger, but lacks defensive qualities when it comes to being a wing back or left back...

How is he at playing a more disciplined role? You can't really have a ball winner chasing everything in a 2-man midfield, it will leave you too exposed. It's more ideal alongside a holding midfielder in a 4-2-3-1 that you see a lot these days.

Absolutely right.

I'd like to see Kante exactly in that disciplined role. Sitting off the defence, winning the ball, giving it.

His whole role IMO should be to control that essential area between the defence and the midfield.

I think he can do that. Don't let him get forward. Make him stick at what he does best.

What I do believe this club then needs is a great play making midfielder. A great passer. A guy who can score goals. Whose sole purpose is to attack, knowing that Kante is sitting in to mop up.

Are we actually missing Esteban, if this guy looks the 'fit' for the team?

Yes we are. This might surprise people but if Kante was played in that disciplined holding role, Cambiasso would be the ideal 'play-maker'. Something I suggested last season. If played further forward, shielded by Kante, Cambiasso could have been the player pinging the ball about.

The only issue I had with Esteban was relying on him defensively in a 4-4-2.

It was of no surprise he looked better last season when we changed the formation.

Archived