Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content
AjcW

Strange Transfers

Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm guessing you've not seen Draxler recently.

 

Admittedly not but I had him down as a top prospect and he was outstanding when I saw him live a couple of years ago. What's gone on?

Posted

that pair of players from forest (lascelles/darlow) that newcastle brought and loaned straight back to them at the beginning of the 14/15 season was quite strange

Posted

A little trend over the last couple of transfer windows has seen some really odd signings, ones that just don't make sense, and today was no exception.

Michael Hector - 23, joined Chelsea today, the champions of the premier league, from his club reading for £4 million pounds.

He was then immediately loaned back to Reading for the rest of the season. Something of course quite common now, but not so much with someone already 23 years old.

When the news broke many observers of the championship were surprised, mainly due to Hectors apparent lack of exceptional defensive talent, yes he's okay, but he's not 'sign for the league champions' good.

At first, before the loan back was announced, it seemed that Chelsea were doing this to fill a home grown space, but it turned out that wasn't so.

If Chelsea had done the same today with Readings Aaron Kuhl I wouldn't have been surprised, he's highly rated and young etc etc.

I suppose the question is does anyone think deals like this and others of similar ilk are done as favours, or as ways of helping sign future players from a club? Or for any other slightly more obscure reasons?

Or... Is it simply that Steve Clarke thinks this lad is going to somehow become brilliant within two years and wanted his mate Mourinho to have him?

Thoughts on this and any others that have stood out for you over the years........

It's not the only odd centre back signing they've made this window. What about Papy Djilobodji? Signed and can't even make their Champions League squad lol

Posted

Marvin Emnes to Swansea 

 

David N'Gog to Swansea

 

Adam Bogdan to Liverpool.

 

Michael Ball to Leicester

 

...and of course Bakayogo to Leicester. 

Posted

As if Firmino went for more than Draxler lol

 

In all fairness, Firmino is very very good. But yeah, a season or two ago, Draxler was one of the most highly rated prospects in europe.

Posted

Admittedly not but I had him down as a top prospect and he was outstanding when I saw him live a couple of years ago. What's gone on?

He has gone to pot, although it's not all on him. His performances went off a cliff, but it's partly to do with Schalke being an absolute shambles. Wouldn't be surprised if this move just resurrect him, I at least hope it does.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...