Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Katy

Come on England!

Cricket is ace, and VERY WELL PLAYED ENGLAND to win! Some great memories there, frankly its not all about the game itself but also what it repesents to the nation on a whole! We won the Rugby world cup, real English men gave it their all and won something the country can be proud of, and England cricketers have just done the same for cricket by winning the Ashes, we've defeated the best side in the world. We are officailly numero uno!

And when we win the Footy world cup next summer we can boast the fact that we are the ultimate sporting nation!

We are big, we are proud, we are victorious, we are ENGLAND!

Call me fickle or a glory supporter or whatever you want but today I learnt alot about Cricket, I didn't know a thing (Literally) about Cricket and I have never to much notice of Cricket before but at work everyone was asking me the score e.t.c, so I kept up to date with the score, e.t.c, and throughout the day was learning little bits, and I would never have ever thought about sitting down infront of the TV and watching Cricket, but I got home from work today at about 4.30pm and turn the TV and have just switched the TV over to Sky Sports News.

Time to send a e-mails to my family over in Australia I think :devil:lol:thumbup::cool:

My Auntie - she won't be to bothered, she's in between because she was born in England but she was shipped over there, so she can support both countries really - Her husband - He will be quite pissed off

My Cousins (3 of them) 2 of them will get really pissed off when I mention it, 1 of them was spending a year or two over here when England beat Australia in rugby world cup and he just stormed off while watching the game then the other cousin is REALLY competative and the 3rd cousin will take in on the chin, the 3rd cousin loves England as a country anyway (For some weird reason - Australia or England to live? :unsure: No competition in my opinion :rolleyes:)

:banana: time for some wind up :P

HAHA Roll on Christmas 2006 when I am over in Australia (And so I have been told the next Ashes over in Australia)

"Poms" yeah yeah! Rugby World Cup Champions, The Ashes champions, Football :unsure:

I love Australia as a country, Australia is my second home and I love the Australia public (The Australian Press arsehole's though) but I love getting one over the Australian's in sport!

LMAO i never said football was bad, im saying our England footballers are overpaid compared with the cricketers and the cricketers have 10x more passion!

Well wy didn't you actually say that in the first place?

and so wat if Muz don't wanna say congratulations, you aint gona change his mind with a few words are ya?

If you read my post again

"Ok fair enough, but if you feel that way don't post on the thread congratulating some real England hereos unlike the overpaid fools who represent us at football!"

I said the overpaid fools WHO REPRESENT US AT FOOTBALL. Where in tha post does it say I dont like football? Please show me as im struggling to find it?

Also re Muz, I wasnt having a go I was just saying if he doesnt want to congratualte then why post, this is a thread about CRICKET, if you dont like it then dont comment it is not hard!

lollollol:thumbup:^_^;):cool::banana: :thumbsup: :whistle::clap:

Just checked my e-mails and I have already got one from my Auntie this is what is says

Hi Matt

Congratulations - it looks like England is ngoing to win the cricket!!

Kinda disappointed she sent me an e-mail first <_<

Oh well lets send a reply gloating lol:P

If you read my post again

"Ok fair enough, but if you feel that way don't post on the thread congratulating some real England hereos unlike the overpaid fools who represent us at football!"

I said the overpaid fools WHO REPRESENT US AT FOOTBALL. Where in tha post does it say I dont like football? Please show me as im struggling to find it?

Also re Muz, I wasnt having a go I was just saying if he doesnt want to congratualte then why post, this is a thread about CRICKET, if you dont like it then dont comment it is not hard!

fair enough, but if you don't like the fact that they are overpaid fools, don't comment it is not hard!

nice try but that is completely irrelevant, I made a comment comparing the cricket players to fooball players, I didnt come on to a thread to say "cricket is shit".

whatever!! But neither did Muz, he actually came on the thread to say " i hope the cricket doesn't delay tonights hollyoaks"

anyway... congratualations england well done on regaining the ashes well and truly deserved!!

Fair play mate, alot of people have started to appreciate cricket, I also have family in Oz and cant wait to get on the phone to my uncle!

Same here! Im glad ive finally got something to brag about to them lot about. Well done England brilliantly well played and fully deserved particularly after the Aussies were going on before hand about thrashing us 5-0!

As for Hollyoaks, double bill tomorrow :dance:

Same here! Im glad ive finally got something to brag about to them lot about. Well done England brilliantly well played and fully deserved particularly after the Aussies were going on before hand about thrashing us 5-0!

As for Hollyoaks, double bill tomorrow :dance:

Just sent my e-mails, dunno if i'll get a very friendly reception when I go Australia next :mellow::unsure:

Mind you I bragged abit about the Rugby World Cup and I went the same Christmas as we won and I got a good recepetion!

(Then came out my English world cup shirt and people then gave me dodgy looks :unsure::thumbup:)

We have the ashes, we have the Rugby World Cup, just a shame about the international football team ;)

Archived