Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stuliasz

Match Ratings : Leicester 1-1 Man Utd - Vote Now

Schmeichel- 6 (Not sure whether he should have come for the cross or not, good throw to Fuchs, good save early in the second half)

Simpson- 6 (Not helped by Mahrez but ok)

Morgan- 8 (So impressed with his consistency. Gave their strikers nothing)

Huth- 7 (Looking solid again)

Fuchs- 8 (Quality player, we've needed a left back like this for five years)

Mahrez- 7 (Some really good runs going forward, left Simpson too alone at times)

Drinkwater- 5 (Not his day but he's been so good this season an off day is not to be too worried about)

Kante- 7 (Intercepts virtually everything and in a tough match in the midfield too)

Albrighton- 7 (Worked his bollocks off, defensively excellent)

Okazaki- 6 (Doesn't influence games with the ball enough, works very hard to disrupt off it)

Vardy- 7 (Lovely goal, looked to be struggling near the end but another shift put in)

Subs- 

Ulloa- 5 (Should've done better with his chance)

Schlupp- 4 (Not really sure what was happening)

De Laet- 5 (Not on long enough to make a real impact but no dramas either)

What a great team we have here, fantastic squad, great manager, coaches & scouting system....almost Utopia!

Fuchs is brilliant, him, Vardy & Kante have to be automatic on the team sheet every game.

imo Man U's goal should have been disallowed because Sinji was hauled to the ground, 100% foul.

Kante, man of the match, had to cover for Drinky's worst game this season. Kante is superb. Fuchs, Albrighton, Vardy, Huth, Mahrez and Morgan were very good. Simpson, OK - Drinky, Kasper, Shinji and Ulloa were below average.

I'd give Kramaric game time next up. We ought to make sure if he is worth keeping or not. Now is that time. Shinji and Ulloa were both goal shy against Man U.

Ranieri - 6 didn't agree with Okazaki starting over Ulloa, but then Ulloa didn't really shine when he came on, surprised he didn't switch it up to counter United's 532, their wing backs had so much space on the flanks and were a constant out ball despite closing down from the front and it took a lot of energy constantly getting across to cover Darmian and Young who spent the whole game hugging the touchline.

Kasper (6) should have cme for the ball for their goal, but apart from that was barely troubled he made one good save and set the break for the goal going by finding Fuchs (8) quickly after a good catch from the corner. Fuchs was superb all game barely put a foot wrong and a superb run and pass for Vardy (8) to score. On the other flank Simpson (6) was OK and I was surprised to see him subbed for De Laet (6) when I felt we needed more help in the midfield, he was up against Young who was appalling and even had Mahrez (7) tackling him a few times. Apart from his defensive work Mahrez was hot and cold going forward with some trademark mazy dribbles but little end product as United just swamped him. Similar for Albrighton (7) very good defensive work and some good attacking play, but also some hopeful balls that skidded out of play, we looked a lot worse with Schlupp (5) on the pitch who just didn't seem to know what he was supposed to do. 

Kante (7) and Drinkwater (6) were industrious and positive in midfield, but lost the ball too often and were outnumbered by United and weren't really helped by Okazaki (5) who manages to undo everything good he does off the ball by being so weak on it especially up against the quality and organisation of United. Unsurprisingly was replaced by Ulloa (6) who wasn't much better but at least looked like scoring he got into some good positions and should have scored from one, and had a wild shot with another, but we lose so much off the ball with Ulloa instead of Okazaki, he doesn't have the pace and energy of Okazaki. It will be interesting to see if Ranieri looks to bring in a real top quality number 10 in January to link with the midfield and support Vardy, who is just a machine and 11 consecutive league games scored in is just phenomenal and gets my MOTM vote.

As for United (4), they were dull, boring unadventurous, Martial and Rooney were about as threatening as a wet paper bag and Rooney's dive should have been a yellow, which is probably my only criticism of the ref (6). I am so glad I don't have to watch them every week, 69% possession and only managed 2 shots on target with an hour of the ball, only ever looked threatening from set pieces. Rooney was atrocious and Martial didn't look much better.

Ranieri 6.5 - Thought Ulloa should have started and strange to see the De Laet sub. Thought we respected Man Utd too much as they were there for the taking.

Schmeichel 6 - Love his passion.  Should have come for the ball for their goal. Played an important part in our goal. Must sort out (with Morgan) free kicks and corners.

Simpson 7 - Really like him in the side at the moment. His confidence is growing in every game.

Huth 8 - Thought he was excellent.

Morgan 6.5 - Thought he was excellent, but, as captain, he and Kasper must sort out corners and set pieces better, therefore he loses a point from me (as does Kasper)

Fuchs 8.5 - Just love him in the side. Such class, composure and skill. The pass to Vardy was sublime. MOTM.

Mahrez 7 - I thought second half he was excellent. Man U were really worried by him.

Drinkwater 6 - Didn't boss the midfield as he has done recently. Looked rushed, but still worked very hard.

Kante 7 - All over the pitch, but not so effective as recently.

Albrighton 6 - Worked his socks off, but apart from that, not much he did worked for him today.

Okazaki 5 - I could see why Ranieri selected him in earlier matches, as, like Vardy, he chases down defenders. However, I really don't think he is strong, quick or tall enough to start matches and for me, Ulloa is much more effective and is much better defending free kicks and corners.

Vardy 8 - Love his passion. Fantastic goal and how wonderful a LCFC player holds such a prestigious record. 

subs:

Ulloa 6 - For me, he should start. Shame he missed that great chance, but I thought he did well. Much, much better option than Okazaki.

Schlupp 5 - Didn't notice him.

De Laet 5 - Not that he did anything bad in this match, but I'm glad Simpson is playing so well.

Man United 3 - They were one of the most boring teams we've played for a long time. No wonder their fans are moaning! I really hope they don't win the league as I'd hate teams to copy their style of play. 

Officials 5.5 - Didn't notice them make too many mistakes. I did think their goal was a foul at the time, but looking at it again, it was probably OK.

Archived