Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Williams today

get off williams' back, he wasnt as bad as people keep saying, get over the fact he's ex-forrest and admit he is quality and does alot for the team, coners were better as well, more variation and sheehans from the other side were pretty good, maybe a shade to deep, but they still caused problems!

He seems a bit one paced, is never urgent enough, he can't shoot and his corners - although varied in length today - are simply not fast enough to create real danger. I can see his place being in serious danger because Hume in comparison remains all action from start to finish and is forever posing difficult problems with his pace, imagination and change of direction.

He seems a bit one paced, is never urgent enough, he can't shoot and his corners - although varied in length today - are simply not fast enough to create real danger. I can see his place being in serious danger.

i agree his corners need more pace but some players just appear laid back when playing even though they are giving it their all

He seems a bit one paced, is never urgent enough, he can't shoot and his corners - although varied in length today - are simply not fast enough to create real danger. I can see his place being in serious danger because Hume in comparison remains all action from start to finish and is forever posing difficult problems with his pace, imagination and change of direction.

How can you compare hume (who has played 15 minutes) to williams who has played 40 odd games for us?

get off williams' back, he wasnt as bad as people keep saying, get over the fact he's ex-forrest and admit he is quality and does alot for the team, coners were better as well, more variation and sheehans from the other side were pretty good, maybe a shade to deep, but they still caused problems!

Whats your beef? Williams was a pile of shite today, its nothing to do with Forest, do your trousers back up and put his poster away ;)

How can you compare hume (who has played 15 minutes) to williams who has played 40 odd games for us?

I also watched Hume play in the Reserves the other night against a Crystal Palace side who, in my view, looked a more dangerous team than Wednesday.

Then I took the trouble to read how Tranmere fans describe Hume and what they think of his departure.

Finally I compared that evidence with what I've seen of Williams since he joined.

What do you think I do - just flick a coin to decide who I like or not?

I am sorry but I didn't see Williams doing very well today.

He didn't impress me much generally and... icing on the cake: he missed a good chance!

He should have kept coming forward and gone for that goal in the last spell of the second half.

Hume could not believe his own eyes when Williams wasted that chance!

i agree his corners need more pace but some players just appear laid back when playing even though they are giving it their all

Didn't say or mean to imply that he wasn't giving his all. I quite accept that his languid approach is part of his style - it's just that I don't think that style is likely to unsettle quality defenders as much as Hume's.

I also agree with another poster than he seems to have worked on the variety of his corners. He needs to work some more - on a sometimes faster delivery (and not so near to the goalkeeper).

He's had how long to practice corners. They all land in roughly the same area, and at the same pace. Nearly every corner he,s took this year, home or away, they always land in the goalies hands. He needs to learn to vary them, by whipping some in at pace, and looking to get them between the 6 yard line and the peno spot. That way the goalie wont know whether to come for them or leave them. Thats all i gota say about the guy, he is trying.

I also watched Hume play in the Reserves the other night against a Crystal Palace side who, in my view, looked a more dangerous team than Wednesday.

Then I took the trouble to read how Tranmere fans describe Hume and what they think of his departure.

Finally I compared that evidence with what I've seen of Williams since he joined.

What do you think I do - just flick a coin to decide who I like or not?

No, I just find it odd how yoo can compare a player who has bin with us for over a season to a player who has played 1 reserve game and 15 minutes for the 1st team and they both play in different positions! and just because tranmere fans describe him like however they describe him that doesn't mean he is going to be like that does it?

No, I just find it odd how yoo can compare a player who has bin with us for over a season to a player who has played 1 reserve game and 15 minutes for the 1st team and they both play in different positions! and just because tranmere fans describe him like however they describe him that doesn't mean he is going to be like that does it?

I think they gave Hume a contract when he signed - not a personality transplant. You can see it in everything he does, good or bad, he's a 100 per center, a defender's nightmare (just like Dickov). And Hume doesn't really have a position. You see him here, you see him there, you'll see young Humey everywhere :):):)

I think they gave Hume a contract when he signed - not a personality transplant. You can see it in everything he does, good or bad, he's a 100 per center, a defender's nightmare (just like Dickov). And Hume doesn't really have a position. You see him here, you see him there, you'll see young Humey everywhere :):):)

Who said anything about a personality transplant?

Didn't say or mean to imply that he wasn't giving his all. I quite accept that his languid approach is part of his style - it's just that I don't think that style is likely to unsettle quality defenders as much as Hume's.

I also agree with another poster than he seems to have worked on the variety of his corners. He needs to work some more - on a sometimes faster delivery (and not so near to the goalkeeper).

not trying to cause an arguement.

1 question though, why are you comparing the 2 as 1's a striker the others a midfielder

ah i see, although i would of thought he would play mainly as a striker

I think Elvis and MDV will be the principal strikers for now with Hume operating from behind them in the main.

Obviously if either of the front men are injured Levein may well push Hume forward. Not that it's always wise (or easy) to second guess his decisions.

so you'd expect the team to be mainly

Rab

Maybury Dublin/Paddy Nisse Sheehan

Sylla Gudjonsson Hughes

Hume

Hammond de Vries

I think he will continue to involve virtually everyone in his squad fairly regularly if only on the bench and if only to keep everyone familiar with the system and capable of slotting into it.

From what I can gather his man-management seems excellent. Gilbert's absence of late may well be explained simply by his getting the lad back to full fitness/improving his competence before involving him again...exactly the same as I imagine has happened with Sheehan.

There are almost weekly signs that he and his team are at least trying to improve individuals and work on collective skills which will benefit the club and the players themselves.

I also like his efforts to involve everyone, including the fans, in his team ethic (see match programme)

although I felt the fans were strangely subdued today.

Archived