Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Williams today

Williams's problem today was that he was shown up completely by Hughes. I remember Gareth doing about two good things in the entire game, and apart from that basically giving away the ball. Normally I might have focussed on him a little more but with Hughes on the pitch we were shown what proper quality is, consistant. Hughes was all over the pitch, some of his passes were fantastic, his misses weren't like the ones Williams has where he takes one touch too many or shoots weakly into the 'keeper, they were ones that were blocked or went inches wide. I can't wait to see Hume and Hughes playing together as I think they'll get some great interplay going.

i thought that the atmosphere was better today, well around me in E3 it was anyway

The atmosphere was good, but where I was - near the away sector - I could only hear their Sheffield chanting!

(and booing Hume as they were afraid of him :P )

Williams's problem today was that he was shown up completely by Hughes. I remember Gareth doing about two good things in the entire game, and apart from that basically giving away the ball. Normally I might have focussed on him a little more but with Hughes on the pitch we were shown what proper quality is, consistant. Hughes was all over the pitch, some of his passes were fantastic, his misses weren't like the ones Williams has where he takes one touch too many or shoots weakly into the 'keeper, they were ones that were blocked or went inches wide. I can't wait to see Hume and Hughes playing together as I think they'll get some great interplay going.

Williams has had it fairly safe for season start with no threat to his position and a guaranteed start ,however his workload is slipping and this in turn shows in our overall results up to now. Joey has seen a threat to his position and played as probably as good as he can,a marked improvement on last seasons efforts. The return of Hughes to a more central roll followed by the December return of young Wes will really start to inject something into our side, especially with dynamic Hume making the runs he does. A class side will start to be moulded. It might be a good idea for Williams to force a change on his style and become a bit more involved in games.

Was he at the game

He did get caught out for pace and judgement of the flight of the ball on more than one occasion, but that could be said for almost everyone; no-one was fault free - so a bit harsh. I thought the back four were pretty average considering they SW were an extremely average/poor team with very little potency in attack.

I personally thought Williams had the sort of performance we've been desperate to see. We know that when we are playing free flowing football that Williams is a class act but when we are grinding and fighting for everything he seems to disappear. Well on saturday I thought he was tenacious and although he lost the ball about half a dozen times he then went and won it straight back.

Hughes did out play him, but as far as getting stuck in Williams really showed some fight and that's great news. Levein is obviously getting that side of his game up to scratch and i'm happy with the midfield line-up at the minute.

Gudjonsson was immense again, it just shows what he has in his locker and perhaps the increased competition for places and his deal ending in the summer has given him a kick up the 'arris.

Williams was steady and in a game where the ball wasn't being passed about that much he showed he's not scared to get the **** in.

Having said that his corners have got worse this season and it's time he scored aswell. He's got so much potential I just hope Levein can push him to the limit.

Gudjonsson was immense again, it just shows what he has in his locker and perhaps the increased competition for places and his deal ending in the summer has given him a kick up the 'arris.

Also when Joey was interviewed on the last Moan In he said that this season was the first season since he came to England that he actually had a pre-season with the club he was staying with that year, that must have something to do with how well he's playing now as well.

Come on kids. Williams had a good game, again. He has been in pretty good form this whole season. The only problem with him is his corners, they really are pathetic. Sheehan's deliveries the other day were better than a single one Williams has taken for us this season.

Archived