Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicester Rule!

Sheehan

I thought that Sheehan was poor yesterday. He looked nervous and everytime he had the ball he seemed to cross it and play it in the air!

We should be playing it to feet.!

To be expected I think. The lads got potential and showed good composure at times when making tackles but does seem keen to get rid of the ball back to front quickly but as Levein said, we can work on that and he did enough defensively.

Who is Sheenan? :rolleyes:

Sheehan on the other hand I thought was ok, a bit raw in places and made a few mistakes but its only his second first team appearances so that should be expected. I felt a bit sorry for him having to play behind Hughes as Hughes isn't a winger so it was two new players down the left and made the job for Sheehan hard.

Not forgetting the City left-back curse. Every player who ever dons the leftback/left wing back shirt, always gets stick no matter what.

I can't think of one left-back who ever escaped the abuse other than maybe Ullathorne (and prob because he was injured).

And Ben Thatcher

Bloody hell. People call me critical. Sheehan makes his home debut, he has to get used to the system, a ball flying a bit awkwardly off the dewy surface, the runs of unfamiliar colleagues, the sort of opponent(s) he's up against and some of you pull him to pieces.

Result? Leicester complete a game without conceding a goal and how many times have they done that since Craig arrived - or even this season?

I watched Sheehan extremely closely and he was nervous to begin with and his distribution was innacurate in the first half-hour or so ... though no more so than others who seemed to find the ball a bit heavier or spongier than usual.

But as he familiarised himself with the circumstances surrounding him he played well - and particularly so l in the second half when he barely wasted a single pass and got involved with dead ball kicks etc.

Davieg pointed out quite rightly that Sheffield were a poor side. Trouble is you can only deal with the opposition you get and I can recall us conceding at least a goal a game against many poor sides at the Walkers over the last nine months.

It was also mentioned that Sheehan didn''t get forward much but I believe that was not because he can't but because he was concentrating on maintaining the line dictated by Dion.

In consequence the City defence looked comfortable almost throughout the match and such potentially fatal errors as were made were down the centre - were very few and basically down to carelessness in possession or momentary loss of concentration.

Sheehan, as I said in another thread, lost his man once and that was early on. Sheffield even tried to target him for a while being a debutante but he quickly closed the door and nothing of note developed down the right flank for Sheffield after that.

To me he looked much safer and more aware at left back than Gilbert. Indeed his left foot looked so "educated" that, if someone made a run, I always felt he had the ability to spot it and to find him with the pass.

What's more he showed himself able to play as part of the back four "team", constantly checking on playmaster Dion and showing himself aware of his position in relation to his colleagues.

Gilbert on the other hand looked slow, easily beaten for pace and trickery and his distribution was no better than average when I watched him.

In conclusion, the clean sheet is what heartened me cos we've shipped a lot of goals this season and it could have been a few more on occasions.

Now we have to show we can do it against good sides.

the only slight piece of critersism i had about sheehan is that i'd have liked to so him carry the ball forward as bit more, but that will come with confidence and experience. But 1st and fore most he's a defender and he was solid and dependable in that role

It was his home debut he was bound to be nervous.

He looked good , defensivly sound obvisouly he has alot to work on but i think we looked better with him there.

With a natural LB in the side we look more balanced.

Bloody hell. People call me critical. Sheehan makes his home debut, he has to get used to the system, a ball flying a bit awkwardly off the dewy surface, the runs of unfamiliar colleagues, the sort of opponent(s) he's up against and some of you pull him to pieces.

Result? Leicester complete a game without conceding a goal and how many times have they done that since Craig arrived - or even this season?

I watched Sheehan extremely closely and he was nervous to begin with and his distribution was innacurate in the first half-hour or so ... though no more so than others who seemed to find the ball a bit heavier or spongier than usual.

But as he familiarised himself with the circumstances surrounding him he played well - and particularly so l in the second half when he barely wasted a single pass and got involved with dead ball kicks etc.

Davieg pointed out quite rightly that Sheffield were a poor side. Trouble is you can only deal with the opposition you get and I can recall us conceding at least a goal a game against many poor sides at the Walkers over the last nine months.

It was also mentioned that Sheehan didn''t get forward much but I believe that was not because he can't but because he was concentrating on maintaining the line dictated by Dion.

In consequence the City defence looked comfortable almost throughout the match and such potentially fatal errors as were made were down the centre - were very few and basically down to carelessness in possession or momentary loss of concentration.

Sheehan, as I said in another thread, lost his man once and that was early on. Sheffield even tried to target him for a while being a debutante but he quickly closed the door and nothing of note developed down the right flank for Sheffield after that.

To me he looked much safer and more aware at left back than Gilbert. Indeed his left foot looked so "educated" that, if someone made a run, I always felt he had the ability to spot it and to find him with the pass.

What's more he showed himself able to play as part of the back four "team", constantly checking on playmaster Dion and showing himself aware of his position in relation to his colleagues.

Gilbert on the other hand looked slow, easily beaten for pace and trickery and his distribtion was no better than average.

In conclusion, the clean sheet is what heartened me cos we've shipped a lot of goals this season and it could have been a few more on occasions.

Now we have to show we can do it against good sides.

Gilbert played??? anyway I thought Sheenan done well for us and played a role in the win

This kind of thing really pisses me off. :mad:

We have a young lad with bags of potential who hardly put a foot wrong on his home debut, who kept his position throughout the game, who kept possesion, who put in a ton of good tackles, who closed down the opposition left wing for most of the game and what does he get from the 'fans'?

Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic.

This kind of thing really pisses me off. :mad:

We have a young lad with bags of potential who hardly put a foot wrong on his home debut, who kept his position throughout the game, who kept possesion, who put in a ton of good tackles, who closed down the opposition left wing for most of the game and what does he get from the 'fans'?

Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic.

Didn't go yesterday. Was Sheehan getting any bird from the home fans? I hope it's just been confined to a few grumbles on t'internet.

Anyone who barracks a young 'un deserves a good slap. Full marks to Craig for giving him a run-out. :thumbup:

Not forgetting the City left-back curse. Every player who ever dons the leftback/left wing back shirt, always gets stick no matter what.

I can't think of one left-back who ever escaped the abuse other than maybe Ullathorne (and prob because he was injured).

Mike Whitlow?

I wouldn't dare to boo him. :huh:

I am absolutely gobsmacked by this thread,Sheehan was seriously discussed as a candidate for the man of the match award(quite rightly imo) I know its all a matter of opinion but that one is a real no brainer.

Yeah. Even the threadline is a disgrace. Hope he doesn't read it cos it'll do his confidence the world of good, that will. And he just doesn't deserve it.

I like how some people seem to think it's ok for a guy who's only played in the first team just once before, to be this totally phenominal success in his first home game.

He's young, he's never played at home before, he's hardly ever played with the first team before, and you think it's perfectly OK to expect him to be the best left back we ever had?

Time for a reality check here.

Did he give away needless free kicks by means of reckless tackles?

Did he allow people to just stroll past him with great ease every few minutes?

Did he play the most awfully timed/positioned passes over and over again?

If he played so poorly, why did he remain on the pitch for the duration of the game?

For him to play as comfortably as he did on his home debut is worthy of praise, not ridicule.

I like how some people seem to think it's ok for a guy who's only played in the first team just once before, to be this totally phenominal success in his first home game.

He's young, he's never played at home before, he's hardly ever played with the first team before, and you think it's perfectly OK to expect him to be the best left back we ever had?

Time for a reality check here.

Did he give away needless free kicks by means of reckless tackles?

Did he allow people to just stroll past him with great ease every few minutes?

Did he play the most awfully timed/positioned passes over and over again?

If he played so poorly, why did he remain on the pitch for the duration of the game?

For him to play as comfortably as he did on his home debut is worthy of praise, not ridicule.

And I think he started the move for the first goal. Only a bit part admittedly but every journey starts with the first step...

I was at the game, I watched Alan play in Norway when he was over here, and he is in the Eire U.21 set up. He's a good player and he showed yesterday that he's got quality. He's not 20 yet and has a great potential. Yesterday he had an ok game, but he was not as good as in the game against Bodo Glimt when City won 5-1. He can be good Sheehan, don't start talking shit, he's a young lad and needs a bit of time. And when a defence manage to keep a clean sheet no one should really say anything. Let's be happy with three points and give Alan Sheehan a chance, he can be a good player for City

Archived