Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Cardiff line-up

Rab

Maybury .... Mcarthy ..... Dion .... Gilbert

... ......... Joey .... ...Hughes

Syllia ..... ........ Hume ..... .. Wilcox

..................De Vries

I've dropped Williams cause I wasn't impressed with him on Sat, although he would replace Hume if he's having a mare. This formation will allow us to attack and defend with great efficency with Gudjonnson holding and hughes controling the middle of the park. Wilcox and Syllia atacking and dropping back when needed.

subs

Williams

Hammond

Johansson

Sheehan

Henderson

"We have got players who can score and our away form has always been quite good. Hopefully we can couple the goals together with another solid defensive display which will give us the chance to win the match."

What exactly have I missed there?... We haven't won in nearly a year away in the league have we?

Plus with Cardiff Physical central midfield pairing would you fancy Williams and Hughes to get stuck in? I wouldn't.

Agree with that. Hume, Hughes and Joey are certain starters to my mind and possibly even Kisnorbo. Momo and Williams may well be left out for various reasons more squad/tactical than anything.

Hume may well be given a free role behind the strikers. It's a pity Dublin sounds a bit doubtful. He gives a presence to what is now a youngish side and seems to relish it. BUT two games in four days is a lot for 36-year-old legs.

One thing I'm liking now is that, when assessing the team's performance, it's more about adjustments, minor improvements rather than thinking, as in the past for as long as I can remember, that various players shouldn't be anywhere near the first team.

I do think everyone in and around the squad now has something to offer.

Hammond will replace Sylla.

Hume/MDV up front.

And probably Paddy in for Dion.

Other than the injuries to Sylla and Dublin, I see no reason to change the side much. Bit strange to have Hughes on the left side, but at least he's playing :thumbup::D

Hmm I think Paddy is doubtful too. I guess it will come down to whoever is the less/least doubtful :P

Archived