Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Cardiff line-up

I would love to see us play 3-5-2, although I never think it'l happen. Hughes and Williams look brilliant together, yet Levein wastes Hughes on the Left.

Douglas

McCarthy Dublin Johannson

Sylla Gudjonsen/Kisnobo Williams Hughes Maybury

De Vries Hume/Hammond

Unless there are injuries I think we'll be keeping the same team that started on Saturday. The only person that I could see being dropped is Sheehan, not because he had a bad game but because Levein probably doesn't see him as a regular first teamer and seems to like changing the left back after a game or two anyway.

Unless there are injuries I think we'll be keeping the same team that started on Saturday. The only person that I could see being dropped is Sheehan, not because he had a bad game but because Levein probably doesn't see him as a regular first teamer and seems to like changing the left back after a game or two anyway.

Who iwll he stick at LB then? Gilbert?

Douglas

Maybury, Nils, Dublin, Sheehan

Sylla, Williams, Hughes, Tiatto

De Vries, Hume

Subs: Henderson, McCarthy, Kisnorbo, Gudjonnson, Hammond

Why would Levein drop Gudjonsson, arguably one our better performers this season, and a level above Williams? Unless this is a team you want to see line up.

Why would Levein drop Gudjonsson, arguably one our better performers this season, and a level above Williams? Unless this is a team you want to see line up.

Plus with Cardiff Physical central midfield pairing would you fancy Williams and Hughes to get stuck in? I wouldn't.

Well it's not really what I'd play or what he'll probably play. In reality Hughes will probably be dropped which is a shame really.

I'd play:

Big Rab

Stearman Johannson PaddyMac Maybury

Sylla Williams Gudjonnson Hughes

De Vries Hume

:thumbup:

Why change a winning combo?Simon,why move Maybury back to left side.I thought he played well in his favoured right side and was the provider of an excellent ball up the rhs for our first goal. And let paddy sit it out for a while, and earn a position.He gives away far too many free kicks in dangerous positions for my liking. Dublin did okay marshalling our defensive 4.

Why change a winning combo?Simon,why move Maybury back to left side.I thought he played well in his favoured right side and was the provider of an excellent ball up the rhs for our first goal. And let paddy sit it out for a while, and earn a position.He gives away far too many free kicks in dangerous positions for my liking. Dublin did okay marshalling our defensive 4.

I agree with what you say about McCarthy. We should keep Dion at the back.

Hammond has got to play, we'd have never have scored those goals against Sheffield Wednesday if his pace wasn't worrying the defence, and don't forgot that classic mishit shot :D

Douglas

Maybury Dublin Johansson Sheehan

........Williams Gudjonsson Hughes

Hume

............De Vries Hammond

Subs: Henderson, Sylla, McCarthy, Kisnorbo, Stearman

I bet he likes "no goals conceded more" and keeps Sheehan in. Especially with Tiatto being out.

Provided they are fit, same side surely. :unsure::huh::whistle:;):thumbup:

I think he may well find a place for Hume (perhaps instead of Williams seeing as we are away and tucking in the hole behind the centre-forwards). Can't imagine he will change the back line or MDV and Hammond as the two strikers.

douglas

maybury kisnorbo johanson sheehan

sylla stearman gudjohnson hughes

hammond hume

but i think craig will go for:

douglas

maybury dublin johanson sheehan

sylla joey williams hughes

deep-freeze hammond

why change a winning system will be his cry.

Momo & Dublin Doubtful.

From the OS

<h3 class="headline">Boss Previews Cardiff Clash </h3>

0,,10274%7E2714820,00.jpgCraig Levein says another tight defensive display will stand his side in good stead for their away trip to Cardiff on Tuesday evening (7:45pm).

The Leicester back line was in fine form in the 2-0 victory over Sheffield Wednesday at the weekend - with the addition of Dion Dublin at centre half proving something of a masterstroke by the Leicester boss.

And Levein says his defence will have to be at their best against the freescoring Bluebirds - who have five goals to their name from their last two fixtures.

But while Dave Jones' men have been finding the net, they have been equally generous at their own end of the pitch.

Levein said: "Cardiff have been scoring a lot of goals, but they have also been conceding them which gives us a bit of hope.

"We have got players who can score and our away form has always been quite good. Hopefully we can couple the goals together with another solid defensive display which will give us the chance to win the match."

Although Levein's first game in charge was against Crewe at Gresty Road last November, he was on hand to oversee the 0-0 away draw at Cardiff three days earlier.

He added: "The first game that I watched after taking on the job was at Ninian Park. Obviously, I didn't have much to say about the on field stuff. I was just good to see the team and get an idea of what job faced me. It was my introduction to Championship football."

Meanwhile, with Danny Tiatto definitely out of the game, Levein is now sweating on the fitness of Dion Dublin and Momo Sylla.

Levein said: "Normally I name the team the day before, but Dion and Momo didn't train on Monday, although it is nothing too worrying. So we will wait until the day of the game to allow us to see how everybody is."

Supporters are reminded that the Cardiff game is an all ticket clash. Tickets will be available from the Walkers Stadium ticket office until noon on the day of the game. Fans will not be able to buy tickets on the gate at Ninian Park.

Archived