Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
henry's best mate

Gilbert

Gilbert seems alright in patches but he does give the ball away alot sometimes, to name one thing he did wrong he was out of line with the other defenders against Sheff united and played gillespie onside for Ifills header. might just be picking a bit there :D

Just not in the same League as Sheehan from what I've seen. Am only just beginning to realise how good this guy can be.

hence hat is why i put 'natural' in capitals, none of the them 8 are natural left-backs

shenny boy............................ no there not, ok, i admit johansson maybe, but i thought you loved him at centre-back?

Aren't Sheehan and Gilbert natural LB's? Tiatto's been a leftback most of his career, so I consider him a natural there too...

I was just trying to point out that you said NONE of them were natural LB's ;)

Aren't Sheehan and Gilbert natural LB's? Tiatto's been a leftback most of his career, so I consider him a natural there too...

From what i've seen so far Sheehan is frighteningly similar to Gilbert in the way that he tends to lump the ball forward as quick as he can, although he is younger and i'm confident will not fall into the trap of Gilbert.

did you ever watch tiatto before he joined lcfc? he always played centre-mid and sometimes left-mid for man city, and he never played left back. so you cant really call him a natural left-back

From what i've seen so far Sheehan is frighteningly similar to Gilbert in the way that he tends to lump the ball forward as quick as he can, although he is younger and i'm confident will not fall into the trap of Gilbert.

I think that's at best unfair and at worst an exaggeration, from where I was sitting Sheehan was certainly not 'lumping the ball forward', rather he was putting it around, over or pass the opposing full-back into the corner for Sylla/Hammond to run onto. Admittedly he was often hurried. But hey we all see these things differently.

I think that's at best unfair and at worst an exaggeration, from where I was sitting Sheehan was certainly not 'lumping the ball forward', rather he was putting it around, over or pass the opposing full-back into the corner for Sylla/Hammond to run onto. Admittedly he was often hurried. But hey we all see these things differently.

I'm basing this observation on the Inter game as well as the Sheffield Wednesday game, I'm sure it'll come with time though for Sheehan.

You must have seen different matches to me. He's got a cultured left foot but it's his calm authority and reading of the game that is even more impressive.

You must have seen different matches to me. He's got a cultured left foot but it's his calm authority and reading of the game that is even more impressive.

I thought the same about Tuesday's game.

Durnerz had totally different views on the game as myself.

This is not a critcism i just think that we all watch the games from different areas of the ground and therefore come to different views,and this site is all about opinions :D

I thought the same about Tuesday's game.

Durnerz had totally different views on the game as myself.

This is not a critcism i just think that we all watch the games from different areas of the ground and therefore come to different views,and this site is all about opinions :D

I think you misunderstand me, I never said he didnt have a good left foot or he couldnt tackle etc, I thought his anticipation was very good and defensively sound, just a touch keen to get the ball from back to front thats all.

Archived