Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
henry's best mate

Gilbert

Why is everyone slating gilbert? he's a quiet left-back who hardly puts a foot wrong. i think he's much better than sheehan, who i would consider as our only other NATURAL left-back. anyone agree?

No. We have at least three LBs at the Club. ;):thumbup::D

Why is everyone slating gilbert? he's a quiet left-back who hardly puts a foot wrong. i think he's much better than sheehan, who i would consider as our only other NATURAL left-back. anyone agree?

Well the jury's out on Gilbert, you are one of a minority who feels he's hardly put a foot wrong so far, from my perspective he seems to lack 3 key ingredients fitness, confidence and authority irrespective of his football ability and experience of playing left back. The first two are correctable and maybe CL thinks he's overcome or is overcoming them but his lack of authority could be a character flaw, only time will tell - I'm prepared to give him that time.

Well the jury's out on Gilbert, you are one of a minority who feels he's hardly put a foot wrong so far, from my perspective he seems to lack 3 key ingredients fitness, confidence and authority irrespective of his football ability and experience of playing left back. The first two are correctable and maybe CL thinks he's overcome or is overcoming them but his lack of authority could be a character flaw, only time will tell - I'm prepared to give him that time.

Let's hope he doesn't take too long, though... <_<

Quite agree he might MAKE a decent left back. But he's not ready yet and won't be for some time. Sheehan, however, played well in a clean sheet and, unlike Gilbert, he does seem to have presence and is far more involved in other ways apart from his basic duties.

Wel, from what i HEARD he seemed to be playing pretty well tonight

It was only when Gilbert came off that our Midfield started too relax and we looked a lot better going forward.

Our midfield were carrying him all game,he just doesn't look comfortable at this level.

That is not to say he can't cut it he just needs a couple of good games under his belt,and i suppose being substituted all the time doesn't help his confidence.

It was only when Gilbert came off that our Midfield started too relax and we looked a lot better going forward.

Our midfield were carrying him all game,he just doesn't look comfortable at this level.

That is not to say he can't cut it he just needs a couple of good games under his belt,and i suppose being substituted all the time doesn't help his confidence.

That's cos he's just not competent yet. And it'll take months to make him so. And will Sheehan be standing still in that time?. Don't think so. Sheehan looks a cultured and comfortable player. He fitted into the team Saturday with hardly a murmur and he ALWAYS tried to use the ball constructively.He also gives the defensive back line balance.

I also hope that Stearman plays in his preferred position of centre-half for the reserves tonight cos that's where he needs to be in the first team.

That's cos he's just not competent yet. And it'll take months to make him so. And will Sheehan be standing still in that time?. Don't think so. Sheehan looks a cultured and comfortable player. He fitted into the team Saturday with hardly a murmur and he ALWAYS tried to use the ball constructively.He also gives the defensive back line balance.

I also hope that Stearman plays in his preferred position of centre-half for the reserves tonight cos that's where he needs to be in the first team.

Yeh Gilbert is definitely the weak link in our defence.Maybe he needs to start on the bench and get some 1st team experience that way,instead of being substituted every game.

Gilbert should be banned from the Worlds football pitches, hes like a left sided Lee Marshall, SHIT!

Last night a winger faced him one on one and he turned his back on the winger before the guy had even gone to cross it! first thing he did was slice the ball over to their right back from the kick off as well, this guy is a basic one dimensional player who cannot do anything. GET HIM OUT!

Gilbert should be banned from the Worlds football pitches, hes like a left sided Lee Marshall, SHIT!

Last night a winger faced him one on one and he turned his back on the winger before the guy had even gone to cross it! first thing he did was slice the ball over to their right back from the kick off as well, this guy is a basic one dimensional player who cannot do anything. GET HIM OUT!

:( To think we paid £200k for him too. He needs to make a big improvement if that's how he played last night. :unsure:

I find his fitness issue a little strange. He played 40 games for Plymouth last season and was involved in pre-season training. Must demonstrate how far behind Plymouth are in terms of fitness work compared to us.

Views on Gilbert are mixed from Plymouth fans. Some say he has plenty of potential and performed well for them last season, some say he just isn't very good, which would support our current view on him. Let's just hope he does improve, I'm sure he will, but by how much?

Archived