Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jace

Premier League rebranding

Said it in the premier league thread and I'll say it again here. Coming from a graphic design student, the logo and patch looks terrible and tacky. I like what they've done with the lion's head, that's a nice touch. But once again, we're seeing another example of lazy design. The typeface, to me, does not scream football. It looks like a bank logo. A modern, sleek serif typeface would've worked much better than a bubblegum pop style rounded font. The outer shield shape caps off a cheap looking design. I hate the idea of completely stripping off elements of a currently successful design just for the sake of it. It's a failure. Does this also mean they'll change the shirt number font? Also, not liking the European electric style colour scheme so much.

That's nicely put. The possible font change on the shirts has got me a bit worried...

Not as good as it was before and not really bringing forward the "prestige" Prem fanboys / spokespeople hark on about.

Disagree with shaffu69 or whatever that it's lazy design, though. It's just an ill-advised font, the awkward looking patch doesn't help.

Not the end of the world is it, people worrying about a possible change of font on the shirts need to watch the bloody news

Archived