Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jace

Premier League rebranding

There is some debate going on Facebook against MOTD asking what fans think when they posted a picture of logo.  Some fans are arguing that it is irrelevant as the logo is mostly for corporate sponsors and MOTD should stick with asking fans about real football issues such as ticket pricing. All very daft lol

Im all for change but that logo makes me think of Premier Inn and the Scottish Championship, not a fan of the font at all.

Its a contract that has run down with Barclays isnt it? Surely wont be long until another high profile business puts an offer in that cant be refused, could be worse than that so carefull what you wish for, it might grow on people.

Said it in the premier league thread and I'll say it again here. Coming from a graphic design student, the logo and patch looks terrible and tacky. I like what they've done with the lion's head, that's a nice touch. But once again, we're seeing another example of lazy design. The typeface, to me, does not scream football. It looks like a bank logo. A modern, sleek serif typeface would've worked much better than a bubblegum pop style rounded font. The outer shield shape caps off a cheap looking design. I hate the idea of completely stripping off elements of a currently successful design just for the sake of it. It's a failure. Does this also mean they'll change the shirt number font? Also, not liking the European electric style colour scheme so much.

Looks like a banks logo tbqfh

Said it in the premier league thread and I'll say it again here. Coming from a graphic design student, the logo and patch looks terrible and tacky. I like what they've done with the lion's head, that's a nice touch. But once again, we're seeing another example of lazy design. The typeface, to me, does not scream football. It looks like a bank logo. A modern, sleek serif typeface would've worked much better than a bubblegum pop style rounded font. The outer shield shape caps off a cheap looking design. I hate the idea of completely stripping off elements of a currently successful design just for the sake of it. It's a failure. Does this also mean they'll change the shirt number font? Also, not liking the European electric style colour scheme so much.

I'm gonna marry you

Might be missing something here but I'm pretty sure that patch photo everyone is going on about was posted by someone on here? I replied to it in the Premier League thread and the poster said "I imagine it'll look something like this?"

Just wondering if it's actually official in any way as it looks like a fans mock up

Agreed, you look at the old logo and realise a couple of clear things...

# The new logo has no reference to football at all

# The previous logo had the words PREMIER LEAGUE in capitals - no doubt to establish it as THE Premier division of all divisions.

# It was centred - meaning it was easy to add a sponsor to it

Someone's been paid a,lot of money to pay up with that crap. Shocking!

Archived