Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kevinparr71

Sunderland (A) 10/4/16 1:30pm KO

I saw a few people asking about pubs and parking for Sunday.

Parking

There is a park and ride in place from the retail park just off the A1231 (Wessington Way) this is ok to get to the game, but if you stay until the final whistle it can take an age to get the bus back to your car.

There are several car parks in the city centre, which is only a short walk from the ground. One of the better ones is at the university £2 for the day and all proceeds go to charity.

As fats as pubs for away fans, all pubs will admit away fans and generally there will be a warm welcome and the chance for some banter.

The Colliery Taven is the closest to the ground, if you like fizzy beer, if you want a decent pint the are a few really good pubs in the centre, the best in my opinion is the Issi about ten different ales on tap and a large range of bottled beers (it is the North East Pub of the year). It is a wood panelled traditional pub worth a visit.

Hope you win the league but leave three points behind on Sunday , if we didn't need the points I would not be to bother if you took all three , but as I say we need them so I hope we stuff you and then you win every game after that!

Nice one man cheers. We have contemplated parking in the City Centre and walking to the ground.

Hope you lot stay up also, don't mind Sunderland. This will be my third visit to the Stadium of Light - it's one of my favourite grounds and away days.

Archived