Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Libertine

Wolves Match Thread

By the way, some interesting comments from Hearts fans on Levein here. Interesting to read their comparisons of the Jambos under CL and the current side under CB.

Cheers, that is intresting (Although i've not read it fully yet), and I for one don't think the sun shines out of Levein's arse and Levein has a hell of alot to learn but i'm thinking "sour grapes"?! :unsure:

Cheers, that is intresting (Although i've not read it fully yet), and I for one don't think the sun shines out of Levein's arse and Levein has a hell of alot to learn but i'm thinking "sour grapes"?! :unsure:

Yeh it is very interesting to read, cheers mate.

We have three consecutive home games now (Blackpool, QPR, Brighton). All 3 should be won 'on paper' but personally I can't see it. When did we last win three games on the spin? They are vital games in many respects however. Lets hope we play a strong side in the cup as any victory breeds confidence. Play Hammond and hope he breaks his duck. Hume also to give him 90 mins. Then play Hume and de Vries against QPR with Hughesy just behind and pin QPR back. We must take these type of games by the scruff of the neck...

We have a very talented manager (if overly defensive at times), but rather a defensive minded coach than someone who is following the Ossie Ardiles Coaching Manual by the book. The only problem is that I think Levein is so eager to get his back four in shape that he is neglecting our offensive play. His comments after the game today prove this. However, a year in a job is still very early stages and I remain positive. You must get the foundations in place before worrying about the roof after all. Graeme Souness needs to realise this.

Come on City!

By the way, some interesting comments from Hearts fans on Levein here. Interesting to read their comparisons of the Jambos under CL and the current side under CB.

What about 6-4-0 at home. Just to be on the safe side and to wind up Mr C a bit more. :)

We have three consecutive home games now (Blackpool, QPR, Brighton). All 3 should be won 'on paper' but personally I can't see it. When did we last win three games on the spin? They are vital games in many respects however. Lets hope we play a strong side in the cup as any victory breeds confidence. Play Hammond and hope he breaks his duck. Hume also to give him 90 mins. Then play Hume and de Vries against QPR with Hughesy just behind and pin QPR back. We must take these type of games by the scruff of the neck...

We have a very talented manager (if overly defensive at times), but rather a defensive minded coach than someone who is following the Ossie Ardiles Coaching Manual by the book. The only problem is that I think Levein is so eager to get his back four in shape that he is neglecting our offensive play. His comments after the game today prove this. However, a year in a job is still very early stages and I remain positive. You must get the foundations in place before worrying about the roof after all. Graeme Souness needs to realise this.

Come on City!

Extremely interesting. Levein sounds like a solid but unimaginative manager and the chances are he is and will put City on a much sounder footing.

But, in the end, if he wants his career to develop he's going to have to broaden his outlook. He's going to have to look at himself, list his OWN strengths and weaknesses and do something about the latter.

I doubt it (well I hope not anyway!) but I wouldn't be surprised if he got a free ticket for the game. :mellow::rolleyes:

No I didn't get paid & yes got a press box ticket for the game.

Sorry if all fans listening were bored, so were we watching the game.

Little goal mouth action, no flair ups - very little to describe.

But we got a point, which was obviously what CL set out to achieve. His post match interview indicated that he wouldn't stick with this system

PS: See you next week, Wellman

Hi Chaps,

Interesting reading the comments after the game - that was the most boring game I've seen in a long while. I suppose you could argue they got what they went for, but it didn't really excite - perhaps that came over in the commentary!

Don't remember saying they were 1-0 up; sorry about that.

Going to be having a discussion tonight about formations etc on the phone-in. Please join us; not just to listen, but ring us up with any thoughts. In the process of working on a few guests too.

Here's to hoping Blackpool is a bit more exciting !!!

Jon B.

Archived