Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxesDeb

Observations from a Fox in the Stretford End

Was in away end but looking around 15 mins after whistle went almost brought a tear to my eye looking at the amazing support from city fans in the home end and seeing you all joining in with us I'm away end , even typing this I'm getting goose bumps thinking about it

Special day out

United fans were very very classy ,

We had late lunch in hotel football after game , next to OT and people were coming up to our table to shake our hands , it was like we're were football royalty everyone wants us to win it ! Well everyone bar Spurs

I was up at the top of the Stretford end, was a good atmosphere up there, but being so high you became disconnected from the rest of the stadium, barely heard our fans and could see the rest of the stadium was quiet.

They did like to moan a lot but I guess this isnt the football they're use to seeing.

The guys around me who knew I was a city fan were spot on tbf and I managed to not be found out before the full time whistle from the others.

One thing I will say though, the fact the whole stadium then clapped our boys off, even the Stretford hardcore, gave me goose bumps.

We may not have won it but was still a fantastic day out

At the final whistle there were Leicester fans everywhere around the ground.

Did like the scenes outside the ground afterwards.

Man Utd fans watching and recording us.

Didn't get home till 9.15.Nightmare journey.

Similar! Horrendous journey back!

Traffic wise around the ground was horrendous after the game. 

Sat-Nav kept warning me of delays on the M'ways and took me a right old route through country lanes/villages towards Cheshire/Liverpool direction before joining the M6 elsewhere. 

Wasn't the only one as, when appearing to be in the middle of nowhere, 2 of the 4 cars in front had LCFC scarves/flags also.

At the final whistle there were Leicester fans everywhere around the ground.

Did like the scenes outside the ground afterwards.

Man Utd fans watching and recording us.

Didn't get home till 9.15.Nightmare journey.

Outside afterwards was epic, where did that football come from?

Missed what went on afterwards?

I parked about a 20min walk away, passed hundreds of cars sat waiting in line. Jumped in the van, near enough straight onto the duel carriage way to exit to the m6 1 junction North to most amd was clear untill I hit the 3 car accident and everyone else was waiting to get on the m6 a junction down.

Archived