Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stuliasz

Rate the Team vs QPR

Ironic that Hammond scores his first goal, makes a fairly reasonable contribution and doesn't count for a score. He did more in his 15 minutes or so than Sylla, Kisnorbo and Nils did all match.

Anyway my marks ranged from 4.5 to 7.5 which probably means they'll be discounted for some reason or another.

However, that's what they deserved and frustration has nothing to do with it. In fact, on reflection I've probably been a bit generous to one or two of em cos I cannot remember more than a handful of useful contributions by these particular individuals - and there was more than one.

Douglas - 4 - For goodness sake, communicate with your defence! Ok, so they shouldn't be giving you dodgy back-passes, but perhaps they wouldn’t be so dodgy if you actually said 'oh, by the way, someone is behind you'. Some poor kicking again. Had no chance for the first goal. Didn’t feel comfortable with him all game.

Maybury - 1 - Played poorly when he was on the pitch, but that wasn’t for long. Stupid, reckless challenge and Levein was spot on when he said he’d taken the easy option and left the rest of the team to struggle with his mistake.

McCarthy - 6 - Nothing exceptional but still pretty solid at the back. Not sure why he's getting so much stick from fans. He's grown out of over-fouling players it seems, which can only be a good thing.

Dublin - 6 - Ok, but caught for pace a few times as usual. Although fans around me seem to like him I still think his playing just encourages long ball football and there is more to being leader on the pitch than waving your arms around a bit.

Johansson - 4 - Always feels harsh when giving poor mark to a generally good player because they're playing out of position but Johansson was awful at left-back. He doesn't have the pace or attacking ability for that role, when he did try to get forward he left a big gap at the back. He should never, ever, play at left-back again.

Sylla - 3 - Very poor, not only did he fade in and out of the game as usual, but when he did get the ball he'd turn the other way and try to shake off the defender but instead would just lose the ball. Also kept on overcomplicating things and taking too many touches.

Gudjonsson - 7 - My MOTM, again, ran all over the place, one minute attacking the next defending. Amazing how many headers he wins for such a little guy. As usual got stick from the crowd though, sometimes I hate our fans.

Kisnorbo - 3 - Poor in the middle and woeful when moved to right-back. He couldn't pass to our players for the whole time he was on the pitch and wasn't strong when challenged. The best thing about him were is throw-ins, but lets not make too much out of them, just because all our other players can’t throw for toffee doesn’t mean Kisnorbo has a special talent.

Hughes - 6 - A few good touches and passes but honestly didn't get enough of the ball to really show what he can do. Put in a couple of good crosses in the second half. Was chasing after the ball for most of the game as no-one would pass it to him. Lost out in a few tackles but would charge right after the player and try to get the ball back, good attitude.

Hume - 6 - Showed some skill on occasion and definitely has potential, but was knocked all over the pitch by their big centre-backs and with all the long-ball didn’t get much of a chance to really show what he can do. Definitely a trier though, commitment all over the pitch.

de Vries - 4 - Missed some clear-cut, my granny could score those, chances. No doubt he'll not get dropped as he's a manager's favourite but really it's time to give someone else a chance. Scoring against two poor teams doesn’t make him a good player. Won a couple more headers than he used to when he came here though.

Subs:

Stearman - 7 - Looked very good when he came on and made some good passes. I'm looking forward to him starting the next three games now.

Hammond - 6 - Great to see him get his first goal and you could see how much it meant to him. When he first came on his commitment and pace were a visible difference to de Vries. Missed a good chance near the end though and I still do wonder a little about him.

Tiatto - 4 - Took forever to take the free kicks that he was given, and even when passing seems to need 30 seconds to look up and decide where he’s going to put the ball.

Rab Douglas - 6

Alan Maybury - 3 - Stupid reaction to a tackle that wasn't even that bad

Nils-Eric Johansson - 4 - Too slow to play at left back, and offers no threat going forward.

Dion Dublin - 5 - Performed worse than his previous games in defence, I don't like him in our team though, he encourages hoofball and we've hardly played good football since he returned.

Paddy McCarthy - 6

Momo Sylla - 4 - Useless, tried to be too fancy and lost the ball most of the time instead of making a run forward.

Stephen Hughes - 6

Joey Gudjonsson - 6

Patrick Kisnorbo - 4 - He was just there, i've not seen him do anything but pass backwards or sideways yet, at right back and central midfield.

Iain Hume - 6 - Didn't do an awful lot but more than De Vries

Mark de Vries - 4 - Rubbish, according to Levein he was a handful though, what about the number of mishit shots?

Richard Stearman - 6

Elvis Hammond - 7 - Made a real difference, hope he can bag a few more for us now, starting up front with Hume would be nice.

Danny Tiatto - 5

Douglas - 6

Another game where he's not been over worked. No chance from the set piece, and was unlucky to suffer from a cruel deflection for the second.

Maybury - N/A

Can't really rate him based on the number of minutes he played. Prior to the sending off, his distribution was poor.

McCarthy - 6

Average. A bit rash at times, but despite being down to 10 men, wasn't overly exerted.

Dublin - 6

Struggled with the aerial battle.

Johansson - 5

Out of position and it showed. Distribution was iffy.

Sylla - 5

A few good crosses from open play and set pieces. Frustratingly, he sometimes takes too long to decide what he wants to do, which slows down the pace of the attack.

Gudjonsson - 7

MOTM again, although not as good as in previous games.

Kisnorbo - 5

Offered nothing in midfield, but played OK at right back.

Hughes - 6

Playing out wide doesn't do him any justice at all. He needs to be in the centre influencing the play.

Hume - 6

Lively and energetic. Tired in the second half, although he did get through a lot of running.

de Vries - 5

Ineffective and well contained by Shittu.

Subs:

Stearman - 6

Offered us more than Kisnorbo at right back and supported Sylla well down the right.

Tiatto - 4

Poor. Ran around like a twat without any effect. Where's Jase?

Hammond - 6

Scored his first goal and looked dangerous. Provided us with much needed energy as Hume had run himself in to the ground.

Rab Douglas :6

Alan Maybury :2

Nils-Eric Johansson :6

Dion Dublin :5

Paddy McCarthy:5

Momo Sylla :3

Stephen Hughes :6

Joey Gudjonsson :6

Patrick Kisnorbo :3

Iain Hume :6

Mark de Vries :5

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Richard Stearman :5

Elvis Hammond :6

Danny Tiatto :5

Archived