Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lush

Whos better equiped to play our midfield holding role?

Holding role poll  

70 members have voted

1. 1. 2 choices

• Gudjohnson
    • Maybury

I think Joey is pretty cluesless, which is not too good when your defencive midfiled er should be one of yoru most intelligent on the pitch. Not to mention his passing being shocking, although that is much improved. Despite all this I would not even consider moving a right back in there. Maybury looks out of poition playing left full back so why you think he will be able to the totally different scenario of a central position i don't know.

lol "awesome" please explain?

http://www.player-ratings.co.uk/awards/index.html

read this, nearly every other city fan is seeing something about Joey that your not! how many MOTM awards does joey have? in the league Joey has averaged a better performance from our fans in every game than Maybury, maybe this would sugest why he is awesome.

Lush, you are talking complete bollocks again.

There is a reason why Maybury is a full back and Gudjonsson is a midfielder. Maybury may well have the ability to play in the centre, however, Gudjonsson has been our best and most consistent player this season

Against wingers perhaps, not forwarding breaking midfielders.

So by your argument, you need be a captain to play that defensive midfield role? You can be a leader without the captains armband. Joey may not be the typical loud mouthed leader, bus his performances and attitude lead by example.

Why mention this when we're talking about defensive midfielders? Goals are not a requirement when playing this position.

It seems you sit with people as clueless as you.

Can you not identify the difference between Fact and Opinion? It's your opinion. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but the majority think you're clueless.

Doesnt your 2nd sentence contradict your 1st ;)lol please vote accordingly.

Wingers are more trickier than attacking midfielders, thanks, i didnt think of that.

You dont have to be captain, but when your voting between the 2 players, you must take into account the ability in which your voting for, and being captain material more than the other enhances your ability as better than the other.

Joey`s been our holding midfielder all season, and apparently playing very well, but were not winning, and we have no leadership, no driving ambition to succeed on the pitch.

Its part of every player bar goalie to contribute to goals, and maybury has done better than joey is a less attacking role. Its about all round ability scowy.

Are you calling thousands of city fans clueless?

Yes i can, but like this post explains, maybury is better qualified to play the holding role than joey, not just opinion, but FACT!

Is it possible to change your vote?

I think Joey is pretty cluesless, which is not too good when your defencive midfiled er should be one of yoru most intelligent on the pitch. Not to mention his passing being shocking, although that is much improved. Despite all this I would not even consider moving a right back in there. Maybury looks out of poition playing left full back so why you think he will be able to the totally different scenario of a central position i don't know.

I also think hes wasted at LB, because he isnt left footed. In midfield, you dont have to be.

Look, in ability terms (forget positional careers) whos better equiped?

http://www.player-ratings.co.uk/awards/index.html

read this, nearly every other city fan is seeing something about Joey that your not! how many MOTM awards does joey have? in the league Joey has averaged a better performance from our fans in every game than Maybury, maybe this would sugest why he is awesome.

He maybe MOM, but hes certainly not awesome :rolleyes:

Your missing the point, im NOT asking for the better performances this season, im asking for the better ability ALL ROUND. Do you honestly believe joey is a better all round player than maybury. When you consider they use the same footballing tactics, maybury is beter equiped.

Ok Lush Maybury is a better all round footballer than Gudjohnson, Better going forward? Gets stuck in more? Has a better shot on goal? Has more pace? and is a better distrubuter of the ball?

YES! is it possible you can change your vote.

Doesnt your 2nd sentence contradict your 1st

No it doesn't - because I've said 'Maybury may well have the ability to play there' not 'Maybury does have the ability to play there'

The reason why I say Maybury may have the ability to play there is because we can't say one way or the other without actually seeing him play there. Your argument is based on Maybury's performances at full back and not in midfield.

Wingers are more trickier than attacking midfielders, thanks, i didnt think of that.

To be honest, Lush, you don't think about many things.

Maybury doesn't have the experience or know how to deal with playing in the centre of midfield. If he was seen as more of a midfielder than full back then I'm sure he would have been playing there by now.

You dont have to be captain, but when your voting between the 2 players, you must take into account the ability in which your voting for, and being captain material more than the other enhances your ability as better than the other.

Being a captain doesn't neccessarily make you a better player. There is also an argument to suggest that being appointed a captain can have the opposite effect. I've been reading Iwan Roberts 'All I want for Christmas' book and he mentions in there that when he was made captain for Norwich, he spent more of his time attempting to organise others than focusing on his own game. It can act as a distraction.

Joey`s been our holding midfielder all season, and apparently playing very well, but were not winning, and we have no leadership, no driving ambition to succeed on the pitch.

It's not Joey Gudjonsson's fault we're not winning enough games - he's doing his job on the pitch, it's the others around him who are;

1) Not being played in their right positions. (Johannson, Kisnorbo, Hughes)

2) Not fulfilling their potential. (Williams, Sylla, McCarthy, Maybury)

3) Not applying themselves fully. (Williams, Sylla, de Vries)

4) Not good enough (Kisnorbo, Tiatto)

5) Not involved in a settled side.

Its part of every player bar goalie to contribute to goals, and maybury has done better than joey is a less attacking role. Its about all round ability scowy.

Work out the ratio for goals to games and let's see the difference - not that it should make any difference as defensive midfielders and full backs are not seen as a great source of goals. Players expected to chip in are; Central defenders, Attacking midfielders, wingers and strikers.

Are you calling thousands of city fans clueless?

Do you hear thousands of people saying the same sort of things around you (Regarding gudjonsson)? 1 or 2 maybe, but thousands? Nah.

Lush, let me explain to you the difference between FACT and OPINION because I can quite clearly see you're struggling with this.

FACT is based on something Objective - Uninfluenced by emotions or personal prejudices

OPINION is based on something Subjective: - Influenced by emotions or personal prejudices

So after explaining that in simple terms, do you still think that your view on Maybury is FACT?

in MY opinion maybury is a better all round footballer than gudjohnson but i think it would be a strange idea to think maybury would be suited to a midfield holding role . the midfield holding role is quite an easy role to play if done correctly . the holding midfielder does not necessarily need a player who has pace , makelele , keane etc etc are not the quickest players around so i feel mayburys pace would be wasted in such a role , i think that joeys all round distrubution is better than mayburys who often will just float a ball down the line in hope of a city player being there. joey and mayburys tackling abilitys are good but other than perhaps leadership qualitys i fail to see how maybury would be a better option than joey . maybury is a quality full back and shud stay there. im sure due to his pace and fitness he could also play a "wing back" role succesfully . no ranting needed , just my opinion ;)

No it doesn't - because I've said 'Maybury may well have the ability to play there' not 'Maybury does have the ability to play there'

The reason why I say Maybury may have the ability to play there is because we can't say one way or the other without actually seeing him play there. Your argument is based on Maybury's performances at full back and not in midfield.

To be honest, Lush, you don't think about many things.

It's not Joey Gudjonsson's fault we're not winning enough games - he's doing his job on the pitch, it's the others around him who are;

Work out the ratio for goals to games and let's see the difference - not that it should make any difference as defensive midfielders and full backs are not seen as a great source of goals. Players expected to chip in are; Central defenders, Attacking midfielders, wingers and strikers.

Do you hear thousands of people saying the same sort of things around you (Regarding gudjonsson)? 1 or 2 maybe, but thousands? Nah.

So after explaining that in simple terms, do you still think that your view on Maybury is FACT?

So he "may well" have the ability, which suggests im not talking b*llax lol chuck that shovel away mate ;)

I thought about that, and what i did was weigh up what atributes joey uses in the HR, and i thought, well maybury has those and more, so surely maybury is better qualified. Would you be against giving maybury the chance in the HR, as we have stearman at RB?

Funny that, you dont show evidence of thinking on your vote, and contradict yourself now even more.

I disagree, joey isnt doing enough. He desperately needs to learn to attack more, and he needs to grow some leadership desire.

Im willing to risk my stance on the goal scoring issue. Interesting how you side step that issue by saying "not that it should make any difference as defensive midfielders and full backs are not seen as a great source of goals", its like politician claptrap.

lol i didnt say thousands are saying maybury over joey, i said they feel disgruntled about joey`s ability and performances. Are you saying those thousands are clueless? Come on, stand up, be a man and answer that question properly.

I know for FACT, that maybury is a better all round player than joey. I`ll give you a clue, NOT ONE PERSON HERE SO FAR, HAS EXPLAINED HOW JOEY`S ABILITY IS EVEN EQUAL TO MAYBURY.

in MY opinion maybury is a better all round footballer than gudjohnson but i think it would be a strange idea to think maybury would be suited to a midfield holding role . the midfield holding role is quite an easy role to play if done correctly . the holding midfielder does not necessarily need a player who has pace , makelele , keane etc etc are not the quickest players around so i feel mayburys pace would be wasted in such a role , i think that joeys all round distrubution is better than mayburys who often will just float a ball down the line in hope of a city player being there. joey and mayburys tackling abilitys are good but other than perhaps leadership qualitys i fail to see how maybury would be a better option than joey . maybury is a quality full back and shud stay there. im sure due to his pace and fitness he could also play a "wing back" role succesfully . no ranting needed , just my opinion ;)

You have to chase back, happened regular last night.

sparky, if maybury has the better all round footballer, and we have stearman to play RB, whats the problem playing a better player than joey? Would you say maybury is more inteligent?

2 main concerns for me lush would be that in my view mayburys distrubution is not that great , joey has kept the ball pretty well this season and also would maybury have decent postional sence ? the hr has a lot to do with cover and maybe what your really sayin is that stearman should be in the side but u still want a place for maybury where as i think stearman would do a fine job at centre half therefore room for both of them

the thing is lush in my view , is that if maybury could do this great job of a holding role would o leary , levien ,mick mccarthy etc etc have not tried him there , is it a late time in his career to suddenly say to him go and do a job in midfield ?

I don't think this is a silly poll at all. I voted Maybury because Gudjonssen has been poor in my opinion. I think Maybury could do a better job but he wouldn't be that good because he's not a very good player. I would play Hughes and Williams in the middle and even though i know it sounds silly with there not being a defensive midfielder i believe it could be good. I like de Vries but i think we should play Hume and Hammond up front picking up those through balls by both Hughes and Williams. Seeing as how every team has just ran right through our midfield so far this season i can't see it doing much harm.

So he "may well" have the ability, which suggests im not talking b*llax

'May well' have the ability is different to 'Does have'. And you're talking complete bollocks because you have failed to take on board anything other than your own view.

I thought about that, and what i did was weigh up what atributes joey uses in the HR, and i thought, well maybury has those and more, so surely maybury is better qualified. Would you be against giving maybury the chance in the HR, as we have stearman at RB?

How can Maybury be better qualified when he's played full back all his career? I'll stick with Gudjonsson, thanks - our most consistent player this season. Maybury on the otherhand has been poor, in his natural position at full back.

Funny that, you dont show evidence of thinking on your vote, and contradict yourself now even more.

If you actually read my posts and take on board what I'm saying, I have highlighted all along that Gudjonsson is the better of the two in the holding role position. I'm not contradicting myself, you're just digging your heels in looking for another argument where you'll look stupid again.

I disagree, joey isnt doing enough. He desperately needs to learn to attack more, and he needs to grow some leadership desire.

This is what you call contradiction - we're talking about a holding role position, which requires looking after the back 4 as a prime objective. Not bombing forward and causing problems in the attacking final third.

Im willing to risk my stance on the goal scoring issue. Interesting how you side step that issue by saying "not that it should make any difference as defensive midfielders and full backs are not seen as a great source of goals", its like politician claptrap.

Back up your points, Lush - don't avoid it. Prove to me that Maybury has a better scoring ratio than Gudjonsson - If he does, at least you've got one thing right. Somehow I doubt it. Maybury will have a less goals to games ratio than Gudjonsson - however, you cannot compare and measure the two to say who's more effective as they're playing in different positions.

i didnt say thousands are saying maybury over joey, i said they feel disgruntled about joey`s ability and performances. Are you saying those thousands are clueless? Come on, stand up, be a man and answer that question properly.

You said: From where i sit, joey gets far more negative comments about his passing and ball control ability. I`d rather have maybury on the ball in ANY position than joey. I get worried when joey has the ball.

I replied: It seems you sit with people as clueless as you.

You replied: Are you calling thousands of city fans clueless?

(Take not that you mentioned 'thousands')

I Replied: Do you hear thousands of people saying the same sort of things around you (Regarding gudjonsson)? 1 or 2 maybe, but thousands? Nah.

You replied: i didnt say thousands are saying maybury over joey, i said they feel disgruntled about joey`s ability and performances. Are you saying those thousands are clueless? Come on, stand up, be a man and answer that question properly.

There you go, you look silly.

I know for FACT, that maybury is a better all round player than joey. I`ll give you a clue, NOT ONE PERSON HERE SO FAR, HAS EXPLAINED HOW JOEY`S ABILITY IS EVEN EQUAL TO MAYBURY.

So you still don't know the difference between fact and opinion. lol

Archived