Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lush

Whos better equiped to play our midfield holding role?

Holding role poll  

70 members have voted

1. 1. 2 choices

• Gudjohnson
    • Maybury

2 main concerns for me lush would be that in my view mayburys distrubution is not that great

the hr has a lot to do with cover and maybe what your really sayin is that stearman should be in the side but u still want a place for maybury

the thing is lush in my view , is that if maybury could do this great job of a holding role would o leary , levien ,mick mccarthy etc etc have not tried him there , is it a late time in his career to suddenly say to him go and do a job in midfield ?

When was the last time joey made a telling pass?

No, i really believe maybury would do better than joey.

Thats a good point that they havnt tried him there, maybe craig will.

when did makelele last make a telling pass ?

williams and hughes are the men who shud be doing that. ray wilkins was nicknamed the crab cause he only passed sideways and he got 50+ england caps !

i not gonna jump on the bandwagon that it is a ridicolous idea cause maybury could possibly do a job there but in my view currently he would not get there in front of joey

'May well' have the ability is different to 'Does have'. And you're talking complete bollocks because you have failed to take on board anything other than your own view.

How can Maybury be better qualified when he's played full back all his career?

This is what you call contradiction - we're talking about a holding role position, which requires looking after the back 4 as a prime objective. Not bombing forward and causing problems in the attacking final third.

Prove to me that Maybury has a better scoring ratio than Gudjonsson - If he does, at least you've got one thing right.

So you still don't know the difference between fact and opinion. lol

So someone talks bollax because they dont take on board what other people say :rolleyes:lol sounds like bollax to me. ;)

Hes better qualified because he has better qualifications.

Correct the HR is about looking after the back 4, but if we wana be successfull, then we need that position player to get forward (never said bombing forward)

I was talking about goals but not penalties.

You dont know the factual difference between joey and maybury`s ability.

I think what scowys been trying to say is there's no fact in your posts

and neither do you lush so you don't know Maybury will be better than Gudjohnson it's just your opinion

There is, hes just refusing to acknowledge them.

Based on the facts as we know them.

There's no fact to this thread what ever i say you just going to say is a load of bollox so i'm not gonna waste my time saying why i THINK joey is a better defensive midfielder than Maybury.

But you could actually add some fact to your opinions by enlightining me when Makele made a telling pass vs Villa

Lush vs the world.

This thread is pathetic. Scowy is right.

Joey G is always going to be a better midfielder than Maybury. Maybury has arguably been our biggest let down of the season based on last season't performance and expectations. To think that some people were saying he's the best right back in the division too.

I can think of a beauty. Gudjonsson's ball down the flank to Sylla who whipped it in for de Vries to lash home against Sheffield Wednesday. (Or was it Maybury who did that?? :D )

So someone talks bollax because they dont take on board what other people say :rolleyes:lol sounds like bollax to me. ;)

Hes better qualified because he has better qualifications.

Correct the HR is about looking after the back 4, but if we wana be successfull, then we need that position player to get forward (never said bombing forward)

I was talking about goals but not penalties.

You dont know the factual difference between joey and maybury`s ability.

Gudjonsson does get forward, if you read the match reports I guarantee that in most games Gudjonsson will be mentioned atleast once in regard to getting forward and having a shot or making a through ball. For example he did this against Ipswich at home, Hull away where he had a great effort saved in the last few minutes, against Wolves on several occasions where he was immense and quite recently against QPR where Elvis had a shot parried and Gudjonsson burst in to the box to rifle his effort over the bar. Obviously Joey needs to work on his shooting, but in terms of getting forward he has no problems in that department.

I can think of a beauty. Gudjonsson's ball down the flank to Sylla who whipped it in for de Vries to lash home against Sheffield Wednesday. (Or was it Maybury who did that?? :D )

Gudjonsson does get forward, if you read the match reports I guarantee that in most games Gudjonsson will be mentioned atleast once in regard to getting forward and having a shot or making a through ball. For example he did this against Ipswich at home, Hull away where he had a great effort saved in the last few minutes, against Wolves on several occasions where he was immense and quite recently against QPR where Elvis had a shot parried and Gudjonsson burst in to the box to rifle his effort over the bar. Obviously Joey needs to work on his shooting, but in terms of getting forward he has no problems in that department.

To be fair, joey`s in a much better positional position to play a telling pass.

Oh atleast once is ok :( yes he nearly scored at hull. Im not having that V wolves Ric, of all ive heard about that game, NO ONE, not even the wolves fans said anyone played well, your having a larf now cos you know i wasnt there. I keep saying joey be better off playing rugby, over the bar ;) . Joey needs to work on everything bar tackeling, i think hes ok at that.

With you and joey, its like reading the blind led by blunket.

Amazing. People here think joey is a better tackler, passer, leader, better going forward, more chance of scoring etc etc, its hilarious.

The poll just smacked of you trying to get a rise out of some people. :rolleyes:

To be honest, though, the thought had occured to me that Maybury ought to be tried somewhere else. The case for Stearman keeping his place at RB is getting stronger every match he starts. Unless AM is moved to left back, I can't see him starting anywhere else other than RB.

Joey has played fairly well when I've seen him this season (certainly better than last), and I'd imagine Kisnorbo would be CL's next choice.

To be fair, joey`s in a much better positional position to play a telling pass.

Oh atleast once is ok :( yes he nearly scored at hull. Im not having that V wolves Ric, of all ive heard about that game, NO ONE, not even the wolves fans said anyone played well, your having a larf now cos you know i wasnt there. I keep saying joey be better off playing rugby, over the bar ;) . Joey needs to work on everything bar tackeling, i think hes ok at that.

With you and joey, its like reading the blind led by blunket.

Your not having what? The game was a piss poor game, but Gudjonsson was the only one who was actually trying to play. He has one amazing effort from 30 yards that Oakes managed to tip round the post, it was our only shot on target. I am not having a laugh because you weren't there, Joey was genuinly the only one who could take any credit from the Wolves game and it again shows that in the player ratings.

The poll just smacked of you trying to get a rise out of some people.

Joey has played fairly well when I've seen him this season (certainly better than last), and I'd imagine Kisnorbo would be CL's next choice.

Wheres your evidence for that?

Just because joey has played better than last season, doesnt mean hes good enough for the HR job.

Your not having what? The game was a piss poor game, but Gudjonsson was the only one who was actually trying to play. He has one amazing effort from 30 yards that Oakes managed to tip round the post, it was our only shot on target. I am not having a laugh because you weren't there, Joey was genuinly the only one who could take any credit from the Wolves game and it again shows that in the player ratings.

Are you telling the world that the other 21 players plus subs wernt trying to play? If so, did you ask for your money back ;)

Are you telling the world that the other 21 players plus subs wernt trying to play? If so, did you ask for your money back ;)

I was close to asking for my money back mate! The others didn't seem interested in wanting to play football, where as Joey shone out like a sore thumb. Perhaps when others try and play, Joey gets found out. Let's hope other teams aren't interested in playing football then :D

Archived