Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lush

Whos better equiped to play our midfield holding role?

Holding role poll  

70 members have voted

1. 1. 2 choices

• Gudjohnson
    • Maybury

I think your the one who's hilarious. Poll's never lie.

You definately have a point there with polls. I think people think because joey plays midfield, its his position "tag", and maybury`s tage is RB, that he couldnt possibly play midfield, let alone ahead of joey.

People think about each of their football abilities?

Hey Ric, when you said ass on the other poll, did you mean me?

Hahahahaaa it's all looking abit grim Lush, feel abit silly yet?

NO WAY Ric, whatever the result, i still think maybury is better equiped. Like i said, i dont think people are voting on ability, but rather current positional tags? and possibly maybury`s red card?, plus joey`s improved performance from last season?

The facts speak for themself, maybury is a better all round player than joey, fact! That being the case, better midfield holding role ability.

NO WAY Ric, whatever the result, i still think maybury is better equiped. Like i said, i dont think people are voting on ability, but rather current positional tags? and possibly maybury`s red card?, plus joey`s improved performance from last season?

The facts speak for themself, maybury is a better all round player than joey, fact! That being the case, better midfield holding role ability.

Clutching at straws Lush.

It's not fact it's your opinion, show me the facts, but I fear all you'll be able to do is provide me with your opinion again.

Joey.

He's been better than Maybury in every game this season to my knowledge, adn does actually play there. Maybe if Maybury was a young lad he could be tried there, but he's been a full back all his career and there's not much point changing him now, especially given Joey's form this season.

Clutching at straws Lush.

It's not fact it's your opinion, show me the facts, but I fear all you'll be able to do is provide me with your opinion again.

How can fact be clutching at straws, isnt that a contradiction Ric ;)

Well you must`ve never seen maybury play. As a defender, he will no doubt have better defensive abilities.

Hes been captain, that shows craig sees him as leadership quality. Joey been captain?

Who scored more goals (not including pens, out field goals) per ratio, of games for city?, and bear in mind maybury plays in a less attacking role.

From where i sit, joey gets far more negative comments about his passing and ball control ability. I`d rather have maybury on the ball in ANY position than joey. I get worried when joey has the ball.

Ric, the facts speak for themselves, care to counter attack the above?

He's been better than Maybury in every game this season to my knowledge, adn does actually play there. Maybe if Maybury was a young lad he could be tried there, but he's been a full back all his career and there's not much point changing him now, especially given Joey's form this season.

What about difference in ability? How about stearman, hes better than joey, and young?

"So surely you think maybury is a better player than de-vries so why play him instead of joey why not play him up front with Hume. errrr"

I cant believe you insist i reply to this nonsensicle query.

Even tho i think deep freeze is very average, i dont think maybury would be better in attack, on ability facts.

Lush, you are talking complete bollocks again.

You definately have a point there with polls. I think people think because joey plays midfield, its his position "tag", and maybury`s tage is RB, that he couldnt possibly play midfield, let alone ahead of joey.

There is a reason why Maybury is a full back and Gudjonsson is a midfielder. Maybury may well have the ability to play in the centre, however, Gudjonsson has been our best and most consistent player this season so I find your poll and suggestion laughable.

If you have actually watched our games this season, you'll see that Maybury's distribution has generally been on the poor side - a key attribute needed for a midfielder. Gudjonsson has taken steps to improve from last season and has shown all the qualities that were expected of him when we first purchased him. The ability to win the ball, cover ground and use the ball effectively.

Well you must`ve never seen maybury play. As a defender, he will no doubt have better defensive abilities.

Against wingers perhaps, not forwarding breaking midfielders.

Hes been captain, that shows craig sees him as leadership quality. Joey been captain?

So by your argument, you need be a captain to play that defensive midfield role? You can be a leader without the captains armband. Joey may not be the typical loud mouthed leader, bus his performances and attitude lead by example.

Who scored more goals (not including pens, out field goals) per ratio, of games for city?, and bear in mind maybury plays in a less attacking role.

Why mention this when we're talking about defensive midfielders? Goals are not a requirement when playing this position.

From where i sit, joey gets far more negative comments about his passing and ball control ability. I`d rather have maybury on the ball in ANY position than joey. I get worried when joey has the ball.

It seems you sit with people as clueless as you.

Ric, the facts speak for themselves, care to counter attack the above?

Can you not identify the difference between Fact and Opinion? It's your opinion. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but the majority think you're clueless.

Archived