Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Pattern Emerging

Can anyone spot the pattern of results emerging

L W D,

D W L,

D W L,

D W L,

D ? ?

On that basis we should beat Derby and lose to Watford although I guess losing to Derby and beating Watford is not out of the question but less likely.

L W D,

D W L,

D W L,

D W L,

D ? ?

On that basis we should beat Derby and lose to Watford although I guess losing to Derby and beating Watford is not out of the question but less likely.

Now why did you have to go and say that, it means i gota bet city to win and i didnt feel confident ;)

Must admit, would settle for win saturday, loss v watford.

L W D,

D W L,

D W L,

D W L,

D ? ?

Hmm is it just pattern matching or a bit more like game theory, I wonder...

I'm honestly hoping for win, win from the next two games - both teams are ones we could beat although with our current potential not being furfilled we might end up with a win/loss or draw/loss. What would you guys be happy with? For me it's a win/draw with the current draw to Brighton being taken into consideration. We need to get a few points the next two games.

When I saw the title to this thread I thought 'damn it, you've beat me to it'. Last night I was thinking about the prospect of this young winger coming in and it got me thinking this looks a little familiar to last season.

Leicester start the season very poorly with a few wins, draws and losses.

The fans start to get restless and there is an increasing number of fans calling for the managers head.

Out of the blue the under pressure manager signs a flying winger (Adams signed Harper, Levein has signed Smith)

The only bit that hasn't happened and hope it doesn't is that Adams resigned a few weeks later, let's hope that isn't the case with Levein and Smudger can influence a run of wins.

Spooky.

When I saw the title to this thread I thought 'damn it, you've beat me to it'. Last night I was thinking about the prospect of this young winger coming in and it got me thinking this looks a little familiar to last season.

Leicester start the season very poorly with a few wins, draws and losses.

The fans start to get restless and there is an increasing number of fans calling for the managers head.

Out of the blue the under pressure manager signs a flying winger (Adams signed Harper, Levein has signed Smith)

The only bit that hasn't happened and hope it doesn't is that Adams resigned a few weeks later, let's hope that isn't the case with Levein and Smudger can influence a run of wins.

Spooky.

Now you come mention it mmmmm.

Any more patterns anyone? :)

L W D,

D W L,

D W L,

D W L,

D ? ?

Very similar to the patterns Hearts used to have pre-Burley revolution. That'll get u mid atble in SPL but not in a large Division.

I think the trends reflect Levein's utter inconsistency.

They reflect his own uncertainty of what to do.

Good managers seem to have an unwavering inner belief but everything Levein does seems to have an undertone of caution.

It shows even in his reaction to two-goal leads (what are you doing chasing more?). They should always chase more for if they are chasing more, the enemy is retreating and will never have the chance to regroup.

How many battles in history were lost because the commander failed to follow through his advantage?

It is in Levein's nature to have what he holds and that will always make for unexpected results - defeats when he should have won, draws cos the opposition pinched one and so on. Hence all those D-W-L's.

Levein will only change the trends by broadening his outlook, embracing modern football requirements and adopting the mentality of mighty warriors like Genghis Khan, Attilla The Hun or Alexander the Great when it comes to conquest.

The great military leaders have much in their psyche to offer the football manager. Go forward and terrify Mr Levein.

Allow not a thought of retreat, of compromise, or of impasses. Attack. Strike at the heart, cut off escape routes, overwhelm with your speed, your skill, your bravery, your energy, your training and your ruthlessness.

Feed on the nectar of victory. Impress on your players that EVERYTHING ELSE tastes sour and is the waste of a week's work.

Write your own statistics, make them your signature and write them in the "blood" or tears of your opponents for all others to see and all others to be fearful of.

That is the way to change these wishy-washy trends. Don't make the mistake of being blindly dictatorial. Listen, learn, absorb, analyse, learn to recognise strengths and weaknesses like a circling predator.

But so armed be finally decisive and unbending. Have faith in your young players and ensure that your system allows them to demonstrate and to celebrate their talent.

Impress on them that the opposition is as nothing against a fast, properly prepared, highly movitivated and single minded clan of players that is further powered by unbending conviction and belief in their ability to win on any day, anywhere.

Take no more steps backwards Craig. It is demeaning for you, demeaning for the team and demeaning for Leicester City. And it will only end in your slaughter eventually, by the opposition, by the press, by the fans and finally by your bosses.

The only winning way is forward.

"adopting the mentality of mighty warriors like Genghis Khan, Attilla The Hun or Alexander the Great"

i agree pillage, burn and loot

but no seriously your right you know, very good.

What happened to the arguably consensual rough sex that made a warrior's life such fun!!! :D:D

L W D,

D W L,

D W L,

D W L,

D D ?

Well that's buggered up that pattern/theory :)

Archived