Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

President Trump & the USA

3 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Can a President be summoned to court, or are they rather untouchable'due to their authority (like Trump, it can appear..)?

That is a grey legal question. In the lead up to the Mueller Report's release, there was speculation on what would happen if the Justice Department indicted the President. Would they legally be able to arrest the president? What action would the secret service take? 

The Mueller Report specifically stated that it is the justice department's policy to not indict a sitting president. Likewise they would not make a recommendation of whether or not the President committed a crime, because it would violate the President's right to clear his name in a trial. 

Congress has legal authority to summon citizens to appear before them. Some thought that the house of representatives would send the Sargent at arms to arrest the Attorney General (William Barr) in order to appear before the court and answer the House of Representatives questions. Congress has attempted to subpoena a sitting president, but with no avail. 

The only action, with legal precedent, would be for an impeachment.  If removed from from office, the President would have no constitutional protections. Also, when Trump leaves office at the end of his term(s), he could be subpoenaed or indicted. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/trump-invokes-kkk-slogan-love-it-or-leave-it-at-north-carolina-rally 

But he isn't deliberately fuelling white nationalist support.

I'm sorry I cba reading all of that, is this the same rally where the crowd were chanting SEND HER BACK, SEND HER BACK?

I mean ffs.