Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

President Trump & the USA

6 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

I will say fair enough about Omar rumours.

You did say you think you've never used the word racist in regarss to Trump whilst stating in the same post "if it walks like a racist supporting..."

Come on, thats an implication that Trump is racist right there. Along with saying "racial undertones". Also calling Prussian racist supporting which he obviously isnt.

But because he supports Trump he is racist. You have to play fair with this

Racist supporting = supporting a racist, not being racist and supporting someone. It is an implication that Trump is racist, you are correct on that, but it's not accusing MC of being racist.  This is an important distinction.

The "racial undertones" refers to things like his famous Mexican rapists monologue.  You surely can't deny that one?

In the same post I concluded that:

Unfortunately the recent tweets are too blatant for it to be described as anything else so I'm dropping the caution for this one because it's clear as day

To be clear this means that I'm openly declaring Trump to be a racist at this point, yes.  The whole point of my message that you've quoted is to say that Trump has forfeited his benefit of the doubt.

I haven't called MC Prussian a racist.

Hopefully that clears things up because I'm not really sure where you think I'm being unfair or contradictory.

Edited by Carl the Llama

2 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Racist supporting = supporting a racist, not being racist and supporting someone. It is an implication that Trump is racist, you are correct on that, but it's not accusing MC of being racist.  This is an important distinction.

The "racial undertones" refers to things like his famous Mexican rapists monologue.  You surely can't deny that one?

In the same post I concluded that:

To be clear this means that I'm openly declaring Trump to be a racist at this point, yes.  The whole point of my message that you've quoted is to say that Trump has forfeited his benefit of the doubt.

I haven't called MC Prussian a racist.

Hopefully that clears things up because I'm not really sure where you think I'm being unfair or contradictory.

I knew you were going to draw that distinction. Seems a bit of an empty one to me. If you say i support racists im going to take that as you saying im racist. Why would i support racists if i wasnt?

He wasnt calling all Mexicans rapists. He was talking about the rapists in the caravans, or was it the criminal element within illegal immigrants? Not sure. Either way, plenty of Mexicans in America didnt find it racist because they know he was talking about Mexican rapists and not Mexicans

Majority of women are getting raped en route illegally to the US btw. And a third of the kids are not actually related to the people they come with. To deny there is a significant criminal element is wrong.  Yes his language is provocative, doesnt fall nicely on delicate ears...

I and many others dont believe Trump is a racist. Its a subjective opinion you and many others have along with the msm

12 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

how anybody can remotely argue in favour of Trump and his administration at this point is beyond me. 

same with Boris / Conservative party UK.

racist, xenophobic - argue which all day long. whatever the result, neither is acceptable and neither country is showing a progressive attitude in terms of being world leaders.

going backwards so fast it's alarming, quite frankly.

"if you don't like it, there's worse places to live" doesn't wash as an argument either. we should be continually striving to be better, more progressive, more accepting, more helpful to those in need. not just ****ing shrug it off because 'there's worse places' / 'go back to where you came from'. 

absolutely ****ing appalling. 

But these women arent doing that. They arent doing anything positive. I dont see you guys coming on here criticising AOC for her concentration camp comments which funnily enough preceded an attack on an ICE facility

Trump is actually doing an ok job of working in Americans interests with the economy and trying to sort the border issues

Judge them by their fruits

8 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

I knew you were going to draw that distinction. Seems a bit of an empty one to me. If you say i support racists im going to take that as you saying im racist. Why would i support racists if i wasnt?

you (or others) might support Trump because of the effect he's having on the economy for example, and not support his 'racist' views - but you're still supporting a racist.

that's your choice. if you're happy to support a racist because it puts more money in your pocket, more power to you. but it is what it is. 

Edited by lifted*fox
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

But these women arent doing that. They arent doing anything positive. I dont see you guys coming on here criticising AOC for her concentration camp comments which funnily enough preceded an attack on an ICE facility

Trump is actually doing an ok job of working in Americans interests with the economy and trying to sort the border issues

Judge them by their fruits

Now that's a subjective opinion.  Trump being racist?  Pretty objective by this point.  And why would anybody criticise calling a concentration camp a concentration camp?  The Nazi's death camps don't have a monopoly on the term, the allies had concentration camps too.  Here's the Merriam-Webster definition:

A place where large numbers of people (such as prisoners of war, political prisoners, refugees, or the members of an ethnic or religious minority) are detained or confined under armed guard.

That sounds exactly like the facilities Trump's ICE agents are operating.

Do you mind providing us a few examples of Trump's fruits for us to judge?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lifted*fox said:

you (or others) might support Trump because of the effect he's having on the economy for example, and not support his 'racist' views - but you're still supporting a racist.

that's your choice. if you're happy to support a racist because it puts more money in your pocket, more power to you. but it is what it is. 

Yes, that makes sense

But if i dont think he's racist im not going to agree am I?

The squad, on the other hand, dont care about american values, they want to limit people's notion of what tjey can say based on the prescribed views they believe they should have based on things like ethnicity.  That is truly racist. 

Heard a speech where one was saying something like "if you are black, we dont want you unless you want to represent your people. If you are muslim, we dont want you unless you represent muslims" etc...   i cant find the speech atm but will try

They want to define everything through race. Much more troubling than anything Trump says

1 minute ago, Carl the Llama said:

Now that's a subjective opinion.  Trump being racist?  Pretty objective by this point.  And why would anybody criticise calling a concentration camp a concentration camp?  The Nazi's death camps don't have a monopoly on the term, the allies had concentration camps too.  Here's the Merriam-Webster definition:

That sounds exactly like the facilities Trump's ICE agents are operating.

Do you mind providing us a few examples of Trump's fruits for us to judge?

Jesus christ. You really think its comparable?

Trump didnt set the facilities up anyway. And they wouldnt be so under prepared if dems had supported funding earlier. But no, they denied there was a crisis and called Trump a scare monger or whatever

I posted an article earlier that characterised his presidency thus far. Give it a read

1 minute ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Jesus christ. You really think its comparable?

Trump didnt set the facilities up anyway. And they wouldnt be so under prepared if dems had supported funding earlier. But no, they denied there was a crisis and called Trump a scare monger or whatever

I posted an article earlier that characterised his presidency thus far. Give it a read

Do I think what's comparable?  Nazi death camps and border detention centres?  Of course not 

and I've not claimed otherwise.  I've merely pointed out that a concentration camp is a concentration camp.

Dems support funding for less alienating methods of dealing with refugees.  They refuse to provide more funds to people who are choosing not to spend their funds providing basic amenities like toothpaste to detainees. 

Just now, Carl the Llama said:

Do I think what's comparable?  Nazi death camps and border detention centres?  Of course not 

and I've not claimed otherwise.  I've merely pointed out that a concentration camp is a concentration camp.

Dems support funding for less alienating methods of dealing with refugees.  They refuse to provide more funds to people who are choosing not to spend their funds providing basic amenities like toothpaste to detainees. 

AOC claimed it though.  She used the term 'Never again'.  I assume you are aware of this term?

48 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

how anybody can remotely argue in favour of Trump and his administration at this point is beyond me. 

same with Boris / Conservative party UK.

racist, xenophobic - argue which all day long. whatever the result, neither is acceptable and neither country is showing a progressive attitude in terms of being world leaders.

going backwards so fast it's alarming, quite frankly.

"if you don't like it, there's worse places to live" doesn't wash as an argument either. we should be continually striving to be better, more progressive, more accepting, more helpful to those in need. not just ****ing shrug it off because 'there's worse places' / 'go back to where you came from'. 

absolutely ****ing appalling. 

Backwards in what regard? You're just dishing out meaningless platitudes and generalizations.

The US have become less and less racist and homophobic over the past few years and decades:

https://psmag.com/social-justice/americans-are-becoming-less-racist-and-homophobic

The US of A are in an economically prosperous situation right now, thanks in part to Trump. Latino and African American unemployment rates are down massively. No new wars started, pulling out of Syria, no intervention in Venezuela or Iran. Historic meeting with North Korea.

And all you can talk about is a Tweet. A Tweet.

Just now, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

AOC claimed it though.  She used the term 'Never again'.  I assume you are aware of this term?

As far as I know her meaning was dependent on the bill not enforcing improved conditions but continuing to fund these camps that don't provide sufficient care when they have funding.

4 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

As far as I know her meaning was dependent on the bill not enforcing improved conditions but continuing to fund these camps that don't provide sufficient care when they have funding.

What does discontinuing the camps mean?  No borders?

And I like how you have completely avoided acknowledging how shitty it was of her to use the phrase Never Again, which is synonymous with the holocaust.  That alone could be said to incite the man with the gun who firebombed the place

Thats why she couldnt condemn the attack probably, because she would then have to answer questions as to her inflammatory rhetoric

I doubt AOC is aware tbf, think she is just a giant idiot

Edited by AlloverthefloorYesNdidi

2 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Backwards in what regard? You're just dishing out meaningless platitudes and generalizations.

The US have become less and less racist and homophobic over the past few years and decades:

https://psmag.com/social-justice/americans-are-becoming-less-racist-and-homophobic

The US of A are in an economically prosperous situation right now, thanks in part to Trump. Latino and African American unemployment rates are down massively. No new wars started, pulling out of Syria, no intervention in Venezuela or Iran. Historic meeting with North Korea.

And all you can talk about is a Tweet. A Tweet.

Can only speak for myself here Prussian, but I'm happy to talk about policy, such as:

- Repealing the Climate Action plan and pulling out of the Paris Agreement - a probable net long term negative for the majority of people in both the US and the world

- Gutting the EPA including rewriting existing environmental protection laws, approving two new oil pipelines, proposing reviews of the Clean Water and Clean Power plans and planning to allow oil drilling in all offshore areas - a probable long term negative for the majority of people in the US.

- Selling national park land for "development", read: drilling - a probable short term negative for the majority of people in the US

- Approving Supreme Court judges that give a clear message to individual states that Roe v Wade is possible to be challenged at some point in the new future - a possible long term negative for the majority of people in the US, provided the majority of people in the US are for abortion rights (which at the present time they are).

- Seeking to replace the Affordable Care Act (which is by no means brilliant itself) with a purely market-based system that would still impoverish a great many people simply because they were unlucky enough to get sick or injured - a probable long term negative for the majority of people in the US

....but for some reason these policy points seem to be getting ignored in discussion on here when brought up, despite repeated willingness to discuss them. Why?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, leicsmac said:

Can only speak for myself here Prussian, but I'm happy to talk about policy, such as:

- Repealing the Climate Action plan and pulling out of the Paris Agreement - a probable net long term negative for the majority of people in both the US and the world

- Gutting the EPA including rewriting existing environmental protection laws, approving two new oil pipelines, proposing reviews of the Clean Water and Clean Power plans and planning to allow oil drilling in all offshore areas - a probable long term negative for the majority of people in the US.

- Selling national park land for "development", read: drilling - a probable short term negative for the majority of people in the US

- Approving Supreme Court judges that give a clear message to individual states that Roe v Wade is possible to be challenged at some point in the new future - a possible long term negative for the majority of people in the US, provided the majority of people in the US are for abortion rights (which at the present time they are).

- Seeking to replace the Affordable Care Act (which is by no means brilliant itself) with a purely market-based system that would still impoverish a great many people simply because they were unlucky enough to get sick or injured - a probable long term negative for the majority of people in the US

....but for some reason these policy points seem to be getting ignored in discussion on here when brought up, despite repeated willingness to discuss them. Why?

Have you got these on a permanent clipboard leicsmac?

I think you can strike off the Paris Agreement one at least. And the Affordable Care Act, which was a disaster

2 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

What does discontinuing the camps mean?  No borders?

And I like how you have completely avoided acknowledging how shitty it was of her to use the phrase Never Again, which is synonymous with the holocaust.  That alone could be said to incite the man with the gun who firebombed the place

Thats why she couldnt condemn the attack probably, because she would then have to answer questions as to her inflammatory rhetoric

I doubt AOC is anti-semitic tbf, think she is just a giant idiot

Never again isn't an antisemitic term is it?  If anything it's the opposite I'd have thought, it's a declaration of solidarity, in this instance with the roughly treated detainees of border concentration camps.

2 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Never again isn't an antisemitic term is it?  If anything it's the opposite I'd have thought, it's a declaration of solidarity, in this instance with the roughly treated detainees of border concentration camps.

I had a brain fart there and was half thinking about something else I was reading, my mind inserted a completely irrelavant word, edited it as soon as I re-read it

So forget that.  Do you think she was right to use the term Never Again?  Do you concede she was invoking the holocaust regarding these camps that people are flocking to?  As far as I remember Jews werent running to the camps in droves from far and wide.  Pretty sure they were forced there agains their will

Edited by AlloverthefloorYesNdidi

Just now, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Have you got these on a permanent clipboard leicsmac?

I think you can strike off the Paris Agreement one at least. And the Affordable Care Act, which was a disaster

Damn right I have, and I will continue to do so until someone points out either exactly why they are promising policies for the future of the US, or admit that they are bad policies and actually contribute the required criticism for them. Ignoring them isn't going to make them go away.

And no, I'm not going to strike the Paris one simply because it lacks teeth or doesn't provide an adequate framework (that's not the reason Trump pulled out of it and that should be blatantly obvious considering his administration have proposed absolutely nothing to replace it) and I'm not going to strike the ACA one simply because it was a sticking plaster on a gaping wound (because what this administration proposes is worse in terms of guaranteeing affordable healthcare for everyone). Revoking a bad policy and then replacing it with something worse - or not replacing it at all - doesn't negate questions being asked about the policy itself.

Just now, leicsmac said:

Damn right I have, and I will continue to do so until someone points out either exactly why they are promising policies for the future of the US, or admit that they are bad policies and actually contribute the required criticism for them. Ignoring them isn't going to make them go away.

And no, I'm not going to strike the Paris one simply because it lacks teeth or doesn't provide an adequate framework (that's not the reason Trump pulled out of it and that should be blatantly obvious considering his administration have proposed absolutely nothing to replace it) and I'm not going to strike the ACA one simply because it was a sticking plaster on a gaping wound (because what this administration proposes is worse in terms of guaranteeing affordable healthcare for everyone). Revoking a bad policy and then replacing it with something worse - or not replacing it at all - doesn't negate questions being asked about the policy itself.

I would argue revoking a bad policy is better than leaving it there.  Ive heard accounts that ACA made things worse, added on costs through extra bureaucracy

Just because these Acts sound nice doesnt mean they are good.  Shouldnt keep something just because its politically correct.  A strong politician doesnt give in to things just because they sound nice

2 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

I would argue revoking a bad policy is better than leaving it there.  Ive heard accounts that ACA made things worse, added on costs through extra bureaucracy

Just because these Acts sound nice doesnt mean they are good.  Shouldnt keep something just because its politically correct.  A strong politician doesnt give in to things just because they sound nice

And by the same token, revoking the Acts and replacing them with something worse (or nothing at all in the case of Paris) is worse than leaving them there. Which is what has happened.

Anyway, like I said, I'm going to wait most patiently for a proper discussion on those policies - especially when folks say they want to discuss policy and then choose not to.

• Like 1

Just one of these scandals would have killed off any other President or ended any other politician’s career. The outrage just does not work on Trump, it never did. And while everyone’s getting outraged about the new vile thing he did or said, he’s in the Oval Office with a hard on laughing his arse off. 

And people fall for it every ****ing time

Stop getting outraged. Stop giving him what he wants. Stop calling him a racist, stop calling him a fascist. None of it works and it only emboldens the cvnt and his craziest supporters. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Just one of these scandals would have killed off any other President or ended any other politician’s career. The outrage just does not work on Trump, it never did. And while everyone’s getting outraged about the new vile thing he did or said, he’s in the Oval Office with a hard on laughing his arse off. 

And people fall for it every ****ing time

Stop getting outraged. Stop giving him what he wants. Stop calling him a racist, stop calling him a fascist. None of it works and it only emboldens the cvnt and his craziest supporters. 

Even as someone who likes Trump I would agree with this

If politicians and the media spent more time honestly assessing policies and their effects it would serve the people a lot better

I'm not even sure if its been mentioned on here that whilst all this has been going on Trump has made a move to cancel asylum from Central American countries.  This isnt getting a lot of media time because they are talking about his tweets, its incredible

10 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

it's hard not to get outraged. There's history of him sharing time and friendship with child rapists. 

• Like 3