Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

President Trump & the USA

Given that the last thread was closed down because people fell out (could they not have just stopped the "offenders" from posting that stuff and not lost the thread? Sigh. Ah well), it remains the fact that momentous stuff is happening over the pond.

I think we need a Trump thread.

Especially, given the madness which is going on right now in Florida.

• Like 1

I am looking forward to the US funding and support of NATO come into doubt, the doubt which will lead to European states rearming to compensate, in a environment of increasing hostility and distrust. I do not think we've seen anything like this happen before and I am interested to see the results.

5 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Yup gotta say it's weird that Mark thinks the only time people are allowed to have opinions and disagree it has to be about football.

It's killing General Chat. Shame.

I use a few forums across the UK and none of them are moderated anything like as strictly as this one is.  I say that as someone who has never had a ban or even a warning in here.

In other news, the shouty little orange dude is quite frightening, isn't he?

The light reflecting on his upper lip is a gift for Hitler comparison memes, by the way.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

I use a few forums across the UK and none of them are moderated anything like as strictly as this one is.  I say that as someone who has never had a ban or even a warning in here.

In other news, the shouty little orange dude is quite frightening, isn't he?

The light reflecting on his upper lip is a gift for Hitler comparison memes, by the way.

No not really he's better than that hawk Clinton any day of the week. If he proposes and implements economics that actually help people lives instead of shaft them he's on to a winner in my book. Personally I'm not arsed if some Somalian can't get into the country.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

No not really he's better than that hawk Clinton any day of the week. If he proposes and implements economics that actually help people lives instead of shaft them he's on to a winner in my book. Personally I'm not arsed if some Somalian can't get into the country.

See. There we are. Honest disagreement.

The references to remilitarising and the upsetting of the world order are what worry me.

By the way.  The thumbs up is now dead as an all purpose gesture of approval. Trump and his pals have sullied it. 

Loving the reactions of the petition signing brigade and their own self-importance.Brexit and Trump victories provide amazing gloating opportunities,embrace it whilst you can.corbyn baiting is just old hat as he is as bad as all sensible people realised months ago. Come on Pen and Wilder,we need more saddos making petitions.

11 hours ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

No offence. But I think it goes deeper then that.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Vacamion said:

Until now :ph34r:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

I'd have thought just banning that arrogant **** Thracian would have sort any problems in any politics thread tbh.

As for Trump, if it wasn't so scary it'd be funny. The way he talks about things is ridiculous. When he said what Uranium was he sounded like a 6 year old coming back from school and telling his parents what he'd just learnt. I understand some people like the fact he doesn't speak in a polished way like most politician, but he needs to be clued up on everything, even if he doesn't care about it. When he spoke to the reporter about the Congressional Black Caucus, it was clear he didn't have a clue what it was. He could not care about it, but he should know what it is. I'd rather he just said he didn't care than try and pretend he knew. And all this fake news crap, just because people rightly criticise him for ****ing up. I swear he's going to blow something up by mistake and then claim it's still there when the media report it! 

Can't see him lasting 4 years. To his credit he'll try and do everything he promised, but eventually I think people will realise some of that isn't what they wanted, or that the bad things far outweigh any good, and the chaos is ruining the country far more than they thought it would.

This.

It was all going along quite nicely till he turned up again.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Does it matter what Thracian says? Nobody is forced to agree with him. 

Nobody does anyway, so what's your point? Mark closed the thread because of bickering, bickering brought about by his arrogant, pig headed, bigoted, degrading and abhorant posts. So he's clearly a major part of what Mark feels is ruining the forum, so just ban him. He adds nothing but hate anyway, so why let him continue to spout his bile?

• Like 1

I don't think it's fair to put all the blame on Thrac, nobody forced me to respond to him, I'm happy to hold my hands up if people thought I was getting too loud and too frequent. 

The only thing I'm a bit surprised about is that for me the debate we were having wasn't all that heated by FT terms :D

3 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Nobody does anyway, so what's your point? Mark closed the thread because of bickering, bickering brought about by his arrogant, pig headed, bigoted, degrading and abhorant posts. So he's clearly a major part of what Mark feels is ruining the forum, so just ban him. He adds nothing but hate anyway, so why let him continue to spout his bile?

Then argue with him, civilly. People shouldn't be banned for having opinions.

Anyway back on topic:  This whole Trump thing just gets stranger by the day, I really do not understand how some people who agree with Trump the politician aren't alarmed by Trump the person.

Edited by Carl the Llama
Re-wording

1 minute ago, Carl the Llama said:

I don't think it's fair to put all the blame on Thrac, nobody forced me to respond to him, I'm happy to hold my hands up if people thought I was getting too loud and too frequent. 

The only thing I'm a bit surprised about is that for me the debate we were having wasn't all that heated by FT terms :D

Tbh I think you've had more heated rows with Webbo when he blatantly misses the point of your post to evoke a reaction.

Just now, Webbo said:

Then argue with him, civilly. People shouldn't be banned for having opinions.

Difficult sometimes when he's not civil to start with. You're not partically civil yourself at times, just saying.

Just now, Facecloth said:

Tbh I think you've had more heated rows with Webbo when he blatantly misses the point of your post to evoke a reaction.

Difficult sometimes when he's not civil to start with. You're not partically civil yourself at times, just saying.

I'm not asking for people to be banned.

2 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Anyway back on topic:  This whole Trump thing just gets stranger by the day, I really do not understand why people who agree with Trump the politician aren't alarmed by the person.

Means to an end isn't. He a twat, but he's their twat. He's doing what they want, they don't care how he goes about it. Same with Farage and UKIP.

6 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Anyway back on topic:  This whole Trump thing just gets stranger by the day, I really do not understand how some people who agree with Trump the politician aren't alarmed by Trump the person.

What's the point of being alarmed, nothing we can do about it?