Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
st albans fox

Was the club hugely naive ?

6 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

not coz of their tough decision but the way they did it

Spot on.

Sacking CR without having a successor at hand is like

a public execution, because it means, that the owners

seem to prefer to have no manager at all, than to

continue with Ranieri. That is simply disgraceful.

Especially if you consider, that they only 2 weeks ago

assured him of their "unwavering support".

So much for credibility and Asian business ethics.

I can no longer respect these guys, because I do

not like people, who are playing games with the

truth.

2 minutes ago, Struwwelpeter60 said:

Spot on.

Sacking CR without having a successor at hand is like

a public execution, because it means, that the owners

seem to prefer to have no manager at all, than to

continue with Ranieri. That is simply disgraceful.

Especially if you consider, that they only 2 weeks ago

assured him of their "unwavering support".

So much for credibility and Asian business ethics.

I can no longer respect these guys, because I do

not like people, who are playing games with the

truth.

I am surprised they weren't better advised... re media... re messages to fans... re putting plans inplace

I wonder if they have had to desl withduch hi profile stuff before

Is Cock up  not consipact.... but makes them look amature. ... nice guys but out of their depth 

14 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Looks like some fans are running scared of their own shadows, forgetting themselves that we

strike forward in this era, with fearless upon our walls and we rode on the back of that banner,

seems some shake and sweat because we are faced with what others want to twist and turn

for their own agendas. I wanted more than any other manager for Claudio to succeed and create

his and our dream.I was one of the few who defended him, and would of loved to see him see out

the season...BUT  we are falling apart, because he failed to see and understand the squad investment needs.

The owners in this have taken a difficult descision, and will carry the scorn, in the name of the club, the people who

are now writing the negatives, show they wouldnt havent the balls, or competence to put themselves into such

a situation....Top stays top...

The owners didn't have the courage to tell it Ranieri from face to face.

Their underling Rudkin had to do it.

Very brave!!

1 minute ago, Struwwelpeter60 said:

The owners didn't have the balls to tell it Ranieri from face to face.

Their underling Rudkin had to do it.

Very brave!!

As the director responsible for football activity, Rudkin was Ranieri's boss. It makes perfect sense that he'd be the one delivering the bad news.

I am with you about them not having a replacement lined up though. Seems like unbelievably poor preparation (yet again) and as you say it's an unnecessary kick in the teeth for Ranieri.

1 hour ago, Struwwelpeter60 said:

People like you are part of the problem.

Giving unconditional support to players, who 

are not doing their (well paid) jobs properly, is

definitely the wrong signal.

Screw you... I know my team and I will always support them through thick and thin!!!!!!

I see the first article to try and offer some balance appears in the telegraph tomorrow re the psychologist.

Expect these will drip drip over the next week or so. The media will want to get he most out of the story so building him up and then knocking him down will suit them.

like I said, a bit of give and take between the two parties and Claudio's reputation could have been maintained. I fear he will look a bit of a dinosaur by the end of all this. 

worst result here will be his reputation sullied and we get relegated anyway!! 

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I see the first article to try and offer some balance appears in the telegraph tomorrow re the psychologist.

Expect these will drip drip over the next week or so. The media will want to get he most out of the story so building him up and then knocking him down will suit them.

like I said, a bit of give and take between the two parties and Claudio's reputation could have been maintained. I fear he will look a bit of a dinosaur by the end of all this. 

worst result here will be his reputation sullied and we get relegated anyway!! 

Totally agree.

Pearsons sacking was treated similar but he wasn't such a lovely media friendly guy.

None football stories dripped out and the anger and sadness stopped.

With Claudio it will be bizarre footballing stories.

Getting LCFC promoted and the greatest escape ever, Pearson is sacked? Are the folk running football stupid? Yes http://bit.ly/1NsQEnN 

•  

On 25 February 2017 at 21:02, NewEnglandFox said:

Why are people self-conscious about what non-fans think of us? These are people that think we should accept relegation. These are people that haven't been paying attention to how we fallen so far. They don't care about us so why should we care what they think? We lost the first game of the season at 14 fit player Hull. The writing has been on the wall since August that we were in trouble. Now finally we're dropped into the relegation zone.

Naive would be not making any changes and hoping we didn't get relegated which would slash our revenues because people that don't care about our club would get upset.

They didn't be have 14 fit senior players, it was 13.

I imagine behind closed doors when there's not a camera around, Claudio probably isn't this sweet old man with a halo around his head that he's portrayed as in the media.

I imagine that option was probably offered to him and he rejected it.

On 25/02/2017 at 20:27, yorkie1999 said:

I'd have asked him to move upstairs to a director position, no one would have batted an eyelid and if he declined he would have been walking away and not be getting sacked, which at the end of the day is what this is all about with the media, other clubs and pundits

This would have been my preferred option............. Still gets the money but has the option to walk.

Karen Bradey hasn't made matters better by saying the owner was out discussing sacking Claudio while buying 500k worth of wine

Media, has jumped on the bandwagon that the players were somehow involved........ with little evidence may hasten to add

Don't get me wrong I supported the Claudio stay mob, but with time to reflect since Friday I can't see how he could

The Club and the Team are bigger than any one person and if we are to progress these things will happen

I just pray that tonight I see something remotely similar to last years work ethic, teamwork and passion.

I also hope Klopp is right when he said Players don't get Managers sacked. Boards sack Managers

Archived