Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
st albans fox

Was the club hugely naive ?

Wasn't it obvious how negatively this story would play out? Wasn't it possible to have the manager leave by mutual consent with a statement from him that the chemistry in the dressing room was beyond repair and it would be unfair to apportion blame to either the manager or the players. A mental reaction to what was the greatest story ever. 

it seems to me that the club will have no option but to throw Claudio's reputation under the bus if they want to retain any integrity by revealing some of the reasons for his removal. they will have to do this by leaks to the press. Otherwise they would look like they are 'kicking a puppy' which will make things even worse having just shot bambi. 

Surely this could have been handled so much better. But our club have never been great at managing stuff like this. it drives me around the bend and has done for years and years. 

I would have asked him to resign. Of course he wouldn't because why should he, he's 'entitled' to a huge pay off.

So, I'd have said well look we're going to have to sack you, however out of respect we'll word it that you have resigned or mutual consent.

In his package it would be written in that he couldn't explain the situation, not sure he'd really want to anyway.

But i'm not a successful buisinessman and they know what's best.

We'd still be getting flack whatever way this unfortunately ended but it'd probably be slightly less flack.

Things have just levelled out for Ranieri.   He got all the plaudits for winning the league with a team he didn't build.       

He's left with 3 million, a premier league title that can't be taken from him and has been spared direct association with relegation.

The club statement made perfect sense to me.   Yes it's all a bit messy but thank god the owners did something.   

I just wish they could have kept him on as director of football or something. I know her would never have agreed to it but it was sad to see him go. I didn't want him to carry on as manager but didn't want him to leave the club. Selfish I know. I want him as my grandad haha 

Trouble is none of us fans really know what has been going on in the back rooms and darkened corners of the club .... perhaps he was offered a way out and told the board to shove it, perhaps he truly was caught on the bounce .... or perhaps the board are genuinely happy to ride the storm after 'kicking the puppy' ?

its time for the club to swiftly move on, get a replacement in place and get itself out of the shit-pit .... for everyone's sake!

This will all blow over. If we beat Liverpool or get a positive result it may shut a few up.

in some ways hopefully all this 'I hope Leicester get relegated now' will motivate the players so they can shut everyone up.

The players deserve more credit than they are getting, no-one knows what went off behind closed doors. Hope they stuff all this negativity down everyone's throats 

I'd have asked him to move upstairs to a director position, no one would have batted an eyelid and if he declined he would have been walking away and not be getting sacked, which at the end of the day is what this is all about with the media, other clubs and pundits

20 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Things have just levelled out for Ranieri.   He got all the plaudits for winning the league with a team he didn't build.    that Nigel Pearson would never have won the league with.   

He's left with 3 million, a premier league title that can't be taken from him and has been spared direct association with relegation.

The club statement made perfect sense to me.   Yes it's all a bit messy but thank god the owners did something.   

32 minutes ago, Matt said:

I would have asked him to resign. Of course he wouldn't because why should he, he's 'entitled' to a huge pay off.

So, I'd have said well look we're going to have to sack you, however out of respect we'll word it that you have resigned or mutual consent.

In his package it would be written in that he couldn't explain the situation, not sure he'd really want to anyway.

But i'm not a successful buisinessman and they know what's best.

We'd still be getting flack whatever way this unfortunately ended but it'd probably be slightly less flack.

With the 3 million being said as the pay off amount, they must of had shit loads of stipulations to stop him walking away with even 50 percent of what he was owed, sacking him was probably linked to those stipulations 

42 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Wasn't it obvious how negatively this story would play out? Wasn't it possible to have the manager leave by mutual consent with a statement from him that the chemistry in the dressing room was beyond repair and it would be unfair to apportion blame to either the manager or the players. A mental reaction to what was the greatest story ever. 

it seems to me that the club will have no option but to throw Claudio's reputation under the bus if they want to retain any integrity by revealing some of the reasons for his removal. they will have to do this by leaks to the press. Otherwise they would look like they are 'kicking a puppy' which will make things even worse having just shot bambi. 

Surely this could have been handled so much better. But our club have never been great at managing stuff like this. it drives me around the bend and has done for years and years. 

By having the word "sacked" in the press releases etc protects Claudio going forward. Even with a pre agreed compensation plan. Claudio's advised by successful and experienced people who are now aware that there clients stock has risen enormously simply by being "sacked". It's ridiculous, I know but had he left by mutual consent or resigned he is indirectly admitting he wasn't up to the job. From a professional point, had he resigned if their was ever a dispute on future payments, it makes his argument very difficult in law. His advisors would've been very much against the mutual consent and /or resignation option.

Unfortunately, though we want the club to come out in a good light. The vast opinion of our club, its players and the remaining staff is that we shouldn't have been where we were last year and the success was solely down to Claudio. The media or the vast majority of it has admitted that opinion very publicly over the last few days. 

We do need to ride the storm and wait for the next controversy so this can be swept under the carpet. Hopefully, we can use the bad press as a spring board.

Why are people self-conscious about what non-fans think of us? These are people that think we should accept relegation. These are people that haven't been paying attention to how we fallen so far. They don't care about us so why should we care what they think? We lost the first game of the season at 14 fit player Hull. The writing has been on the wall since August that we were in trouble. Now finally we're dropped into the relegation zone.

Naive would be not making any changes and hoping we didn't get relegated which would slash our revenues because people that don't care about our club would get upset.

9 minutes ago, NewEnglandFox said:

Why are people self-conscious about what non-fans think of us? These are people that think we should accept relegation. These are people that haven't been paying attention to how we fallen so far. They don't care about us so why should we care what they think? We lost the first game of the season at 14 fit player Hull. The writing has been on the wall since August that we were in trouble. Now finally we're dropped into the relegation zone.

Naive would be not making any changes and hoping we didn't get relegated which would slash our revenues because people that don't care about our club would get upset.

Absolutely spot on.

49 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

This will all blow over. If we beat Liverpool or get a positive result it may shut a few up.

in some ways hopefully all this 'I hope Leicester get relegated now' will motivate the players so they can shut everyone up.

The players deserve more credit than they are getting, no-one knows what went off behind closed doors. Hope they stuff all this negativity down everyone's throats 

So not facing relegation was not a good enough motivation? More reason why they all need to be got rid off! 

As others have said, why would he agree to mutual consent or resigned? 

However much we can look at it supposingly benefiting both parties by still paying him off, why would Claudio agree to it? 

Resign or Mutual Consent looks as if he couldn't handle it when it got rough, he as anyone would do is thinking about his own career too he is currently in a strong position to take a respectable job on another high wage. 

Of course the owners would be aware of his reputation and likeability factor when making the decision, sacking unfortunately was the only option. 

13 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Only naive to keep him this long and think a vote of confidence would inject the players with their lost confidence.

The players lost their self-confidence long before CR had a chance

to confuse them  by not playing 442 or 4411 in the PL.

The PSG and Barca matches in that silly pre-season tournament did

the trick. Our  defence in those games was a total shambles.

But, although more than 3 weeks were still  left in the summer transfer

window, no new defenders were brought in.

God knows why.

Niaive 1..... last summer we could have attracted playets s to push us on.... not enough money to get keane from burnley... deaney... joe allen  a prem experienced midfielder went to stoke for 14mil... schniderling etc etc. We got Slimani? Musa? Mendy?

Niaive 2.... i have sometimes had to make big decisions in my work. ... impacting jobs and fitures.  Before making the announcements i spent hours working on messaging for staff and for press.... coz when you do the deed you have to position thimgs for the folk who will matter most from now on.  

The owners should have addressed the fans and dealt with  their renaging on the unwavering support.... they should have managed the claudio thing not hidden in seville and left it to rudkin at the ema hotel. ... niaive to think they wouldn't be judged ...not coz of their tough decision but the way they did it

7 minutes ago, Old Fox 2016 said:

We love you, we love you, we love you, And when you play we follow, we follow, we follow, 'Cause we support the Leicester, the Leicester, the Leicester, And that's the way we like it, we like it, we like it! Wooooooah!! Wooooooah!!!

Let's just get behind them!!!

People like you are part of the problem.

Giving unconditional support to players, who 

are not doing their (well paid) jobs properly, is

definitely the wrong signal.

Looks like some fans are running scared of their own shadows, forgetting themselves that we

strike forward in this era, with fearless upon our walls and we rode on the back of that banner,

seems some shake and sweat because we are faced with what others want to twist and turn

for their own agendas. I wanted more than any other manager for Claudio to succeed and create

his and our dream.I was one of the few who defended him, and would of loved to see him see out

the season...BUT  we are falling apart, because he failed to see and understand the squad investment needs.

The owners in this have taken a difficult descision, and will carry the scorn, in the name of the club, the people who

are now writing the negatives, show they wouldnt havent the balls, or competence to put themselves into such

a situation....Top stays top...

Archived