Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

British and Irish Lions 2017

Guessing I'm the only idiot up this early.

Italy are a point behind Australia with six minutes to play and Australia are down to 14 men. 

Australia do have the ball in the Italian 22 but still. If the Italians steal something here it'd be unbelievable.

12 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Guessing I'm the only idiot up this early.

Italy are a point behind Australia with six minutes to play and Australia are down to 14 men. 

Australia do have the ball in the Italian 22 but still. If the Italians steal something here it'd be unbelievable.

Nope I've been watching it. Some crazy defensive work by the Italians absolute rubbish - still can't work out how they dragged themselves back into it...

What struck me though is the Aussies not taking the points to seal the game and having enough faith in the maul and their attacking play to go for the line - wish England played like that ?

And Nd I wasn't expecting the final length of the pitch try either but something had to give as the Aussies were stuffing up chance after chance second half..

As soon as Italy got a man binned it was over to be fair.

Or, actually, as soon as they coughed up a penalty when they got in to the Australian half.

Good effort though. I can sympathise, it's usually Wales doing that. Taking a southern hemisphere side to 70 minutes then collapsing.

Still, shocking from Australia though. Whitewashed by England, beaten by Scotland, pushed close by Italy all at home in the last twelve months. 

2 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

So who's gonna win this and by how many?

I can't see a Lions win, personally.

What I can see is, if our forwards have an absolutely monster game, a much closer match than I previously believed.

The plan is going to be what it's been all tour, slow the game down, stay disciplined, stay solid, win the set piece, limit the offload, do the basics.

If we're good at that it could be close.

But we've not yet played anything like this all blacks side when it comes to creating chances so it's not only the biggest test yet, that's obvious, but it's an enormously bigger test. 

Okay then so I'll go for a Lions win though it won't be a landslide if it happens! I'll call it this way because I do like the starting side. Gonna be a war though and our defence needs to be bloody immense.

And who's that Welsh SS pitchside geezer? He's quality lol 

1 minute ago, Swan Lesta said:

After the Haka the Lions should all turn their backs on them and pull a synchronised moonie at them all.

This might work, even if there are no Scottish starters.

12 minutes ago, Nalis said:

This might work, even if there are no Scottish starters.

That could go either way lol 

On an aside though I could watch the AB's play rugby all day.

Archived