Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

British and Irish Lions 2017

Just now, Super_horns said:

Looks like they are going to win!

Sure the Kiwis will have excuses lined up.

lol

To be fair they played an hour with 14 men, dont really need any more of am excuse than that haha.

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

lol

To be fair they played an hour with 14 men, dont really need any more of am excuse than that haha.

Read tbf very complimentary in post match interview. 

Not much hope for the decider. I thought the Lions attitude was appalling from 41st minute to 60th

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

lol

After the first lions penalty they were never behind until the 78th minute so if they want to come out with that excuse then that's poor. 

22 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Woke up with a feeling it would be close. Had a tenner on the Lions to win by 1-5 points @ 10/1

Chi Ching. Happy days :thumbup:

I never thought we would win a single game, beating them feels great and if we can take the last test it will be history. 

2 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

I never thought we would win a single game, beating them feels great and if we can take the last test it will be history. 

I've also got a feeling that the All Blacks will be a wounded animal and win the third test easily. Is it back at Eden Park again where they never lose?

This is pedantic but I wish people would stop saying that X rugby player didn't mean to hurt Y player, or would never try and hurt another player.

It's rubbish.

The aim of a large amount of heavy tackles is to put a reasonable amount of hurt on an opponent. You don't shoulder charge someone if you don't want them to be hurt. Rugby is full of absolutely crunching hits that are designed to cause pain, discomfort, to make a statement, to drive the opposition back and there's nothing wrong with that.

What they should be saying is attempt to injure. I don't believe SBW or Jerome Kaino would go out and attempt to cause someone a lasting injury but they sure as hell want the opposition to feel their tackles.

Mako Vunipola doesn't want to put Barrett out of the match or the tour with a lasting injury but he damn sure wanted to hurt him and make him think twice, throw him off his game.

I personally don't have a problem with that. I'm glad to see the head injury policy come in to rugby, I'm glad spear tackle are outlawed, I'm glad the governing body care about player welfare.

But I hate all this lying to ourselves about what the game is and why we like it. None of us want to watch touch rugby so let's not pretend.

Archived