Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Watford (home) Post Match Thread 3 - 0

20 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Routine home win. I thought we were a little iffy to start with but we did grow into it towards the end of the first half and from the minute we took the lead it was a case of how many by.

Albrighton had a great game and I maintain he's been one of our best players under Shakey. Mahrez was better. Was impressed with Slimani when he came on too. For the first time since signing him I actually felt like he looked a proper fit in our team and maybe he might actually be the answer.

Watford are a funny side. OK in patches but I can see why their fans are unhappy. The usual elitism snobbery on 606 a couple of weeks ago when Watford fans rang in (granted one of them was a div) complaining of how bad a side they are and what a group of mercenaries their team is. I thought their body language was awful at times yesterday. Deeney not starting as well is baffling. I wouldn't be shocked if he's a Leicester player come August.

The Watford fan on 606 you are referring to did say it was the worst team he'd seen and given they were 10th in the table at the time he was always going to be mocked.

Watford weren't actually that bad, they had enough shots to trouble us but the front two of Niang and Okaka offered next to nothing whilst Amrabat took an absolute age just to cross the ball in. I thought Cleverley was ok for them.

6 hours ago, Corky said:

The Watford fan on 606 you are referring to did say it was the worst team he'd seen and given they were 10th in the table at the time he was always going to be mocked.

Watford weren't actually that bad, they had enough shots to trouble us but the front two of Niang and Okaka offered next to nothing whilst Amrabat took an absolute age just to cross the ball in. I thought Cleverley was ok for them.

Yeah he was a clown but in the bigger picture there's just a huge snobbery within the media. It's like ambition is forbidden. We've learned that more than anyone.

Archived